What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gaining my independence (1 Viewer)

NCCommish

Footballguy
Dear DNC,

Let's sit down and chat.

It's been a 34 year relationship. We've had some good times. I was young when we first got together. 18. And you were not young but you were much different than you are now. You have changed dramatically. You have become a shell of the party I wanted to belong to. You no longer feel as I do about too many issues. You support fracking. I don't. You support the continued occupation of Palestine. I don't. You don't support the middle class. I do. You support your big donors and no longer care about the people I care about. Oh you give lip service but one only has to look at the latest draft platform to see how far we have drifted apart. And that is really just scratching the surface.

I wish I could say it's me but it's not it's you. You sold out and became GOP lite. Sure you aren't as racist and you kind of support a woman's right to choose but when you have had majorities that could have made it happen did you make that law? No you sat on your hands and now the right to choose is in serious trouble all over this country. Because someone might lose a seat and really that's all you care about anymore. You no longer have grand ideas and proposals. You are small ball and mired in legalized bribery to the nth degree.

Now the GOP sucks. And I won't be hooking up with them just so you know but still you suck to and not in the good way. Will I still support some Democrats for office? Yeah I have a group of them I am supporting now. Will I support the party or it's current nominee? Not a snowballs chance in hell.

It's been a long marriage but the kids are grown and it's time to admit the bloom is well off the rose. For the first time in my adult life I will be a registered independent. And the only person you have to blame is you. If that hurts maybe a little soul searching is in order but I don't expect it and I won't trust any change that doesn't come with action. You keep saying you're sorry and then you abuse my vote again. That's over.

I hope you enjoy all your new conservative loves. I just don't trust or respect you anymore and when that happens it's time to move on.

So on this day when we celebrate telling the establishment to go screw itself I declare my independence

Yours,

NCC

I could write the same thing for the GOP. They only stand for their reelection and nothing else. 

:thumbup: until more people decide to break ties with either party and start voting Stein or Johnson, we will be stuck with the sheep leading us to a bunch of garbage, AKA Clinton and Trump.. you f'ed up America..   :X​

:thumbup: until more people decide to break ties with either party and start voting Stein or Johnson, we will be stuck with the sheep leading us to a bunch of garbage, AKA Clinton and Trump.. you f'ed up America..   :X​
I could maybe, maybe vote for Johnson. Although our disagreements on policy make that a real stretch. Still he is sane, doesn't seem to be bought and seems willing to compromise. I just can't deal with Stein. I just don't like her. Plus for an alleged Green Party they seem to have some very messed up ideas on science. That is always a big big strike in my book.

The Democratic Party does support the middle class. And there is no "occupation of Palestine". 

The Democratic Party is a center-liberal party. The Republican Party, until this year, has been a center- right party. Extremism on the left or the right has no worthy place in American politics. 

I like you NC, and I'm sorry you feel the Democratic Party has moved away from you but they haven't. If you've been consistent about your views over the years then you've never really been a Democrat. 

The Democratic Party does support the middle class. And there is no "occupation of Palestine". 

The Democratic Party is a center-liberal party. The Republican Party, until this year, has been a center- right party. Extremism on the left or the right has no worthy place in American politics. 

I like you NC, and I'm sorry you feel the Democratic Party has moved away from you but they haven't. If you've been consistent about your views over the years then you've never really been a Democrat. 
He just called you a D.I.N.O. ;)  

No Tim they have. I have been a member of this party for 34 years. Don't try to tell me they haven't changed. And I think you should maybe try talking to some Palestinians.

The democratic party as positioned is the center right party. That is the whole point of third way. There are liberals in the party but the party is not liberal.  Their candidate can't even say the word.

No Tim they have. I have been a member of this party for 34 years. Don't try to tell me they haven't changed. And I think you should maybe try talking to some Palestinians.

The democratic party as positioned is the center right party. That is the whole point of third way. There are liberals in the party but the party is not liberal.  Their candidate can't even say the word.
I talk to Palestiniams all the time. We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. 

The Democratic Party has ALWAYS been what you call Third Way. It has always been pro-business. Of course there are economically liberal elements, but rarely are there economically leftist elements. Drmocrats want reasonable controls on industry, but they don't want to upset the applecart. They want reasonable controls on Wall Street but they don't view Wall Street as the enemy. 

I talk to Palestiniams all the time. We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. 

The Democratic Party has ALWAYS been what you call Third Way. It has always been pro-business. Of course there are economically liberal elements, but rarely are there economically leftist elements. Drmocrats want reasonable controls on industry, but they don't want to upset the applecart. They want reasonable controls on Wall Street but they don't view Wall Street as the enemy. 
Tim the Clinton's invented Third Way as the antidote to what they saw as a party that was too liberal. Again stop trying to tell me what I have lived. Thanks.

Palestinian barbershop?

Last edited by a moderator:
You've been up Hillary's butt for about a year. How much more cheerleader could you be?
I'm pro Hillary because she's the closest thing we have to a centrist and a moderate. But that doesn't make me a Democrat- yet. My closest affinity is to chamber of commerce Republicanism. But that seems to be dying out. If the GOP becomes a nationalist party, I'll switch over to the Dems for good. 

I'm pro Hillary because she's the closest thing we have to a centrist and a moderate. But that doesn't make me a Democrat- yet. My closest affinity is to chamber of commerce Republicanism. But that seems to be dying out. If the GOP becomes a nationalist party, I'll switch over to the Dems for good. 
Their candidate cribs attacks on Hillary from white Supremacist sites and party elites defend it. If?

And when you switch it will be the confirmation of everything I said about the politics of this party. So thanks for that.

Congrats to you @NCCommish

I'm from the other side doing the same thing.

Only took Scho 50 minutes to F up the thread and tell you how to think and make it about him. JFC.

LOL at this Chamber of Commerce Republican who is now very comfortable within the mainstream Democratic Party telling a lifelong liberal what the Democrats are now and have always been. 

There is now a party of the far right and a party of the center-right. 

Congrats to you @NCCommish

I'm from the other side doing the same thing.

Only took Scho 50 minutes to F up the thread and tell you how to think and make it about him. JFC.
Thanks

I like Tim. I am glad he dropped by. The very fact he is going to vote Democrat this cycle just goes to prove everything I said.

At some point we all need to look in the mirror and realize we're to blame.  We, the people, have the power to demand real change.  Yet cycle after cycle we make the same mistakes, voting for inauthentic candidates that use the right buzzwords at that time.  The parties are doing what the parties are supposed to do:  Retain power by using money fed by the corporatocracy that governs us.  We shouldn't expect the Democratic and Republican parties to change who they are within the current system.  We first need to change the system.  Getting money out of politics is step 1.   

For the first time in my adult life I will be a registered independent.
I have been a registered independent since the 90s. As for you, you don't have to change your party affiliation to vote for someone else. I consider you a staunch Democrat. There are things I don't like about both major parties, and there are things I do like about both major parties. I don't like the hardcore side of either one of them or the us vs them mentality. I would prefer Gary Johnson to become POTUS this election, but it is doubtful that he will be elected, and I will continue to hope that one day third parties will share the same platform as the major two parties to debate on, and to get their message across. Since it is more than likely that one of the two major party candidates will become POTUS this year, I will vote for the person I feel is the most qualified to run the country.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Honestly, I am wary of anyone who fully supports either party these days. They are both corrupt and awful as you can get. 

At some point we all need to look in the mirror and realize we're to blame.  We, the people, have the power to demand real change.  Yet cycle after cycle we make the same mistakes, voting for inauthentic candidates that use the right buzzwords at that time.  The parties are doing what the parties are supposed to do:  Retain power by using money fed by the corporatocracy that governs us.  We shouldn't expect the Democratic and Republican parties to change who they are within the current system.  We first need to change the system.  Getting money out of politics is step 1.   
Absolutely. I helped to maintain this farce for far too long by giving my vote to people who didn't deserve it. So I do accept some of the blame for it, we get exactly the government we make.

I have been a registered independent since the 90s. As for you, you don't have to change your party affiliation to vote for someone else. I consider you a staunch Democrat. There are things I don't like about both major parties, and there are things I do like about both major parties. I don't like the hardcore side of either one of them or the us vs them mentality. I would prefer Gary Johnson to become POTUS this election, but it is doubtful that he will be elected, and I will continue to hope that one day third parties will share the same platform as the major two parties to debate on, and to get their message across. Since it is more than likely that one of the two major party candidates will become POTUS this year, I will vote for the person I feel is the most qualified to run the country.
This is all very true. But until we have enough people move on the system won't change. We can't continue to pretend that these parties represent us when they don't. So this is my minuscule effort to help that happen.

I've lived in closed primary states my whole life (I think).  Not belonging to a party would mean voluntarily giving up roughly half of my voting power.  Probably much more than half, because I live in an area where Democrats are heavily favored in general elections.

I've lived in closed primary states my whole life (I think).  Not belonging to a party would mean voluntarily giving up roughly half of my voting power.  Probably much more than half, because I live in an area where Democrats are heavily favored in general elections.
Since independents are now the largest political party in America it's time to open up primaries. And regardless something has to be done. The parties aren't going to change **** until they see themselves losing power.

Thanks.

Still a union loving, tree hugging, Liberal with an overdeveloped sense of fair play and justice though. Just want to be sure everyone is clear on that part. Unfortunately that means I no longer fit in with the Democratic party.
What's sad is that we had the real deal Bernie right there in front of us and the timschochets of the world chose the bought off panderer.  The majority of people can't even see when they're being swindled. It's very sad.

You're allowed to want individual rights for all people AND want taxes cut, smaller government and solid fiscal policies. The two party monopoly needs to end. People are not broad brushstrokes of ideals.

Tim the Clinton's invented Third Way as the antidote to what they saw as a party that was too liberal. Again stop trying to tell me what I have lived. Thanks.

Palestinian barbershop?
The Third Way has been around a lot longer than the Clintons. See 2 Labour governments in the UK well before the Clintons and most influentially the Hawke/Keating governments of Australia in the 80s.

So in summary, youve been a democrat for 34 years. Bill Clinton became president in 92 and all democrats since federally have been third way. Its taken you 24 years to come around? Some would call that a little slow.

Nice post NCC.  Lots of us on the right could post something similar about the GOP which is a ####show right now.

I think it's always best to choose the best candidate and not simply roll with the party you mostly agree with.

99% of politicians such anyway. Try to find the guy/girl who you truly believe.....regardless of party.

Hillary will be in full make out session with the Gop in January. The 2 parties will effectively merge. We are about to see a big realignment.

Hillary will be in full make out session with the Gop in January. The 2 parties will effectively merge. We are about to see a big realignment.
She was kinda hot back in the day  (as shown by her recent commercials). Almost looks like Rebecca Demorney  (sp).

Are those commercials what Tim uses to....you know.

She was kinda hot back in the day  (as shown by her recent commercials). Almost looks like Rebecca Demorney  (sp).

Are those commercials what Tim uses to....you know.
No.  NO she wasn't .  Not even close to "kinda hot".  JHC, dude.   :X

Users who are viewing this thread