What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

It's Christmas in July - Draft Dominator software available for your desktop (1 Viewer)

How do I add custom scoring rule for a yardage milestone point system where you get 3 points when you hit 250 yards, then another 3 for every 50 yards after that.  So 250 yards is 3 points, 300 yards is 6 points total, 350 yards is 9 points total, etc.

I'm assuming it's just setting minimums for 250, 300, 350, etc. and assigning them all to 3 points?  
correct

Another nice addition would be to have some pre-set scoring rules for the popular leagues.  That way, I don't have to set it up every time.  For example, FFPC (FBG), NFFC, MFL, etc.

I am getting ready to use on a real draft, FBG, and noticed that the fantasy points don't add up with the projections.  For example, K. Allen has 282 points, with a projection of 98/1125/7, 0 rushing.  That projection would be 252.5.  This is the regular, not upside projection.  I have taken week 17 in and out with no change in points.  I have also noticed the projected games, but 15.1 should lower the points.  Some players are higher and some lower.  Why the differences?

Thanks
There's some templates on basic settings. I think the FFPC template sets everything up correctly.

Fantasy points are modified some from the totals to adjust for any weekly weights entered but also projected games missed. It's something we need to do a better job of fully explaining in the future. But it's not supposed to be just a fantasy points total.

I have not seen an answer, so if this was answer I apologize.

Is there a way to take windows inside the app and separate them out? For example I would like to open the big draft board and put that on my second screen while still using the draft dominator to draft.

I don't see a way to do this.  
No, that's not something we support.

I'm watching the 2nd video and in the "Pick Shortlist"...how is "Targets" not part of the stat breakdown?

Also...when clicking on a player specifically...I'd like to be able to see more than just the last 3 years of stats for him.  I know the last 3 matter most but it'd be nice to see any trends.  It really should scroll down and let you see more years than the last 3.

I've said it before but it's big enough that I think it really should be moved to the top of the list, since it should be a simple add...Position Ranks.  I need to know who is RB32 vs RB 35, etc...real quick with a glance...

What about points per game somewhere simple...seeing Leveon Bell with XX points per game means more to me than a guy who will have more total points just because he plays 16 games vs Bell's 12.

I'd also like to see total fantasy points as part of the stat breakdown for previous years.  I don't want to have to do the math of how many points for receptions, yards, tds, etc on the fly...just tally it for ppr, standard, whatever...maybe give the user that option?

I know I probably overvalue it but I'd also love to see a quick symbol for who is in their "Contract Year".  All things being equal...I want the guy in his contract year as my tie-breaker.
Great suggestions, thanks. All being added to the features request list.

Just so we're clear; we're not making any more changes for 2016 beyond bug fixes. All feature requests will be looked at for 2017 now. The development team is concentrating now on building out our in season tools.

Great suggestions, thanks. All being added to the features request list.

Just so we're clear; we're not making any more changes for 2016 beyond bug fixes. All feature requests will be looked at for 2017 now. The development team is concentrating now on building out our in season tools.
I'll second the need for seeing Player points per game. Definitely how I look at differences between players.

I'll second the need for seeing Player points per game. Definitely how I look at differences between players.
The Fpts is very close to this. Specifically what it does is totals the players fantasy points and then gives them appropriate credit for games missed. So a LeVeon Bell, for instance, has a value of greater than his fantasy points because he's getting 4x a bench RB points per game as the app knows you don't score a zero when he's on suspension.

I don't know where else to put this since the site is still locked down.

I remember some one had a suggestion for optimal settings vs the default in the Projections Used section of setting the sliders % between Dodds/Henry/Tremblay/Wood.

Just to be clear, this is for the APP and not the Classic DD.

I thought that I saved the info via email but I can't locate it.

I appreciate the info if anyone has it.

Thanks in adavnce!

If I purchase the app on an ipad and save my settings on the FBG cloud, how do I then access my draft info on my home PC?  Do I have to repurchase the app on my PC in order to access my stuff saved on the cloud on my PC?

HI Simon,

I'm late to this thread, but I took the time to read through the whole thing.  Obviously, lots of questions and concerns, especially from us old-timers who have used Draft Dominator Classic (DDC) for many years.   From a purely 'how do we best handle questions and input for the new APP" I'd like to make these suggestions:

1. Having one thread in the Shark Forum and expecting everyone to read through all of it to find specific questions is extremely inefficient. I suggest deleting the old APP Forum and starting over - then specific questions can have their own thread.  As this is a 'community', users with experience can start answering questions.  That's how we all learn.  This will also allow you to start a FAQ directing people to specific threads.

2. Keep an updated list of prioritized wishlist items at the top of the new Forum.  Then users will know what you are thinking of adding, the priority of their request, and they won't have to keep putting in their own suggestions.

3. DDC was powerful because of it's flexibility and ability to view multiple windows over two screens.  At one glance I could see who was being up next in the VDP queue, number of players expected to go at each position based on my next pick (and determined by past draft data), BYE week conflicts and the number of players taken at each position for each team (to see who needed a QB or didn't) and any notes I put in for specific players (Avoid the suck).  I can't see getting through all of that in the new APP and being able to decide on my next pick in 90 seconds.

4. I know you've seen the DDC wish-list.  Please try and incorporate as much of that in to the new APP as possible. 

5. Create a simple how-to-document that we can printout and use to set-up our leagues and how to best use it on draft day.  Yes there are help sections and a Youtube tutorial.  But what settings are most important?  What value should we use for setting weekly weights?  Joe once said he used a GBG value of 120% for games against key opponents and 40% for playoffs.  I have no clue how that translates into the new app.

Thanks for listening.

Here are the current requests that I have - first glance.  Some have already been requested:

Must Haves:

1. Importing Custom ADP

2. Setting our own baselines

3. Adding player notes.  I put a lot of information into my player notes in DDC.  Old, tier, contract year, target for x round.  I do this all in the VBD Excel program and import into DDC.  It's much easier than having to sort through the app for each player, especially since they are listed alphabetically.

4. Some way to highlight BYE-Week conflicts.  My first mock, just for fun I picked only players with week 8 BYE's, and there was nothing to suggest it was going to be a bad decision.

5.  Printing cheatsheets (I have one old-school draft where devices are not allowed and we have to bring paper) 

6. Multiple windows (see previous post)

7. The ability to see the VBD dropoff at various positions for the current pick based on number of players/position expected to go at your next pick.    I want to know if I'm picking another RB over WR because of a difference of only 2 points.  

Thanks.  

There's some templates on basic settings. I think the FFPC template sets everything up correctly.

Fantasy points are modified some from the totals to adjust for any weekly weights entered but also projected games missed. It's something we need to do a better job of fully explaining in the future. But it's not supposed to be just a fantasy points total.
Thanks, I missed the templates.

I had the weekly weights one for all weeks, and checking week 17 from 0 to 1.  It doesn't change FPT's.  I had playoff weeks at 2 and only changes a couple points.  So why is it 30 points higher than what the projection dictates, especially considering missing almost a game?

Thanks again.

I had the weekly weights one for all weeks, and checking week 17 from 0 to 1.  It doesn't change FPT's.  I had playoff weeks at 2 and only changes a couple points.  So why is it 30 points higher than what the projection dictates, especially considering missing almost a game?

Thanks again.
I know the video tutorial addressed changing weekly weights, but when I go the app I can't figure it out. I don't want to watch it again... can you give me a quick run down on how you changed that?

1. The update you're referring to, which is new features or bug fixes, ie code updates. These require a re-download and re-install of the program. We'll smarten this up for future versions but I don't believe it's any different from DD Classic (except that's been doing one release a year for a while)
In order for this to work, do I have to delete the previous version off my computer or will the update just replace the version I have?  I re-downloaded and re-installed, but when I open it I get the same message that there is a new version of the app available.

If I purchase the app on an ipad and save my settings on the FBG cloud, how do I then access my draft info on my home PC?  Do I have to repurchase the app on my PC in order to access my stuff saved on the cloud on my PC?
Leagues are synced but drafts are not. You can add a new draft into your existing league settings from the Add Draft screen, once you've synced from both devices.

HI Simon,

I'm late to this thread, but I took the time to read through the whole thing.  Obviously, lots of questions and concerns, especially from us old-timers who have used Draft Dominator Classic (DDC) for many years.   From a purely 'how do we best handle questions and input for the new APP" I'd like to make these suggestions:

1. Having one thread in the Shark Forum and expecting everyone to read through all of it to find specific questions is extremely inefficient. I suggest deleting the old APP Forum and starting over - then specific questions can have their own thread.  As this is a 'community', users with experience can start answering questions.  That's how we all learn.  This will also allow you to start a FAQ directing people to specific threads.

2. Keep an updated list of prioritized wishlist items at the top of the new Forum.  Then users will know what you are thinking of adding, the priority of their request, and they won't have to keep putting in their own suggestions.

3. DDC was powerful because of it's flexibility and ability to view multiple windows over two screens.  At one glance I could see who was being up next in the VDP queue, number of players expected to go at each position based on my next pick (and determined by past draft data), BYE week conflicts and the number of players taken at each position for each team (to see who needed a QB or didn't) and any notes I put in for specific players (Avoid the suck).  I can't see getting through all of that in the new APP and being able to decide on my next pick in 90 seconds.

4. I know you've seen the DDC wish-list.  Please try and incorporate as much of that in to the new APP as possible. 

5. Create a simple how-to-document that we can printout and use to set-up our leagues and how to best use it on draft day.  Yes there are help sections and a Youtube tutorial.  But what settings are most important?  What value should we use for setting weekly weights?  Joe once said he used a GBG value of 120% for games against key opponents and 40% for playoffs.  I have no clue how that translates into the new app.

Thanks for listening.
Definitely when we started this thread our intention was not to make this the way to get support for the apps. I know I said at one point I can't go back answering the same qs over and over, and while that's true, the majority of answers are better found in our instruction manual here: http://fbgapps.footballguys.com/support/index.php?app=fbgdraft2016

If your question isn't answered here, the best thing to do is to email us at apps@footballguys.com. If we get the same qs over and over, we add them to the instruction manual. I have a big update I'm doing today to the instruction manual.

We took the forums down for support for all but classic apps; that was a deliberate decision. We want all the support to go through the same system (apps@footballguys.com links up to a zendesk account) so we can fairly get to everyone in turn. As much as this single thread is highly inefficient, I'm not sure that a whole forum full of duplicate threads/support queries that are quite individual really works either.

The goal is that a well written instruction manual covers 95% of queries and we can answer the rest over email. And the app itself should continue to evolve to be easier and easier to use, and more and more self explanatory. I know we're not there yet on the manual; today's update should help. It's also available inside the app (where it's also searchable).

I don't mind receiving the same requests over and over. It helps us to get a sense of priority. For instance, I really didn't think many people did their own projections. But I'm hearing loud and clear that's not the case.

On multiple windows, there is definitely a stylistic point here that very few modern applications do that. The reason for that is it only desktop, native applications/programs could ever support that. But also a well designed application should put the different displays in the correct place in the first place. I'm not surprised that when someone posted their DD Classic screen layout, immediately a bunch of people responded to say "yup, that's almost identical to mine".

The draft board on a second monitor is a good example of something that doesn't necessarily get covered by the above logic. It's something we'll look into; but honestly I would say it's unlikely we'll get there for next year. My logic here and as always I'm open to being persuaded otherwise, is you're either in a live draft room with other people, in which case you probably don't have two monitors setup (unless your draft ends up looking like Houston ground control!) or you're running the Dominator while drafting online, in which case you want the Dominator on one monitor and the host draft site (e.g. ESPN) on the other.

On the DD Classic wish list, there's a bunch of that that's actually already in the new app (e.g. splitting down LB/DB/DL into individual positions). I've made a note of one or two other things though.

On 5. I hope my updates to the instruction manual later today cover this.

Thanks for the feedback! Again, so grateful that our customers care about Footballguys as much as we do.

Here are the current requests that I have - first glance.  Some have already been requested:

Must Haves:

1. Importing Custom ADP

2. Setting our own baselines

3. Adding player notes.  I put a lot of information into my player notes in DDC.  Old, tier, contract year, target for x round.  I do this all in the VBD Excel program and import into DDC.  It's much easier than having to sort through the app for each player, especially since they are listed alphabetically.

4. Some way to highlight BYE-Week conflicts.  My first mock, just for fun I picked only players with week 8 BYE's, and there was nothing to suggest it was going to be a bad decision.

5.  Printing cheatsheets (I have one old-school draft where devices are not allowed and we have to bring paper) 

6. Multiple windows (see previous post)

7. The ability to see the VBD dropoff at various positions for the current pick based on number of players/position expected to go at your next pick.    I want to know if I'm picking another RB over WR because of a difference of only 2 points.  

Thanks.  
1, 2, 4, 7 all in the request list.

3: that's there already. Click a player and there's a notes tab. Have in the request list to put a truncated version of your note in the actual player list too.

5. you can export cheat sheets from the gear icon at the top of the app.

Sideline Sage said:

Thanks again.
If you start zero-ing out weeks, it won't reduce FPts. Just like if you start setting some weeks to 2, it won't increase. Always balances out those weights so they total 16 (given bye week).

That said next version does have some fixes here so that number is higher and easier to understand.

ebcpastor2004 said:
I know the video tutorial addressed changing weekly weights, but when I go the app I can't figure it out. I don't want to watch it again... can you give me a quick run down on how you changed that?
wrench icon => weekly weights.

Mr. Landry said:
In order for this to work, do I have to delete the previous version off my computer or will the update just replace the version I have?  I re-downloaded and re-installed, but when I open it I get the same message that there is a new version of the app available.
the installer should overwrite it. are you sure you're running the new installer, as opposed to the old installer again?

Leagues are synced but drafts are not. You can add a new draft into your existing league settings from the Add Draft screen, once you've synced from both devices.
So I have to repurchase the DD app for the PC as well in order to sync to both devices, correct? Or since I've already purchased the app, is credit (free use)given to use it across another device/platform?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Simon,

9 hours ago, Simon Shepherd said:

On multiple windows, there is definitely a stylistic point here that very few modern applications do that. The reason for that is it only desktop, native applications/programs could ever support that. But also a well designed application should put the different displays in the correct place in the first place. I'm not surprised that when someone posted their DD Classic screen layout, immediately a bunch of people responded to say "yup, that's almost identical to mine".

I agree - multiple displays is a nicety.  All except one of my drafts are online drafts.  I sit at home with my desktop, laptop and notes teleconferenced into my draft.  Desktop is to make picks and laptop is for DDC.

What I need/want/have-to-have is a 'dashboard'  It doesn't have to be over multiple screens, but it least needs to be on one screen.  I need to be able to see everything at once as I make my pick.  I don't want to mouse around and accidentally close my APP because I accidentally clicked the wrong button.  Although I can't see it behind our firewall at work, from the OP's description, it's probably similar to this.

I appreciate all the work you are putting in to the software, but the in a situation where you have to enter a pick and then decide on the next in 90 seconds, given a variety of factors, not being able to have my most pertinent information immediately available is a deal breaker for me.

GoBears84 said:
What I need/want/have-to-have is a 'dashboard'  It doesn't have to be over multiple screens, but it least needs to be on one screen.  I need to be able to see everything at once as I make my pick.  I don't want to mouse around and accidentally close my APP because I accidentally clicked the wrong button.  Although I can't see it behind our firewall at work, from the OP's description, it's probably similar to this
For 2017, as you increase the widthof the app, that middle column that holds shortlist/rosters will expand into two columns. As you expand the height, rosters will split into two, with individual teams at the top and all teams at the bottom (for the Pos tab). They'll be a VBD/next pick dropoffs window under the players list or somewhere similar too. Just re-iterating, we're done with new features for 2016 and bug fixes only here on out as we concentrate on inseason tools. 

For 2017, as you increase the widthof the app, that middle column that holds shortlist/rosters will expand into two columns. As you expand the height, rosters will split into two, with individual teams at the top and all teams at the bottom (for the Pos tab). They'll be a VBD/next pick dropoffs window under the players list or somewhere similar too. Just re-iterating, we're done with new features for 2016 and bug fixes only here on out as we concentrate on inseason tools. 
I doubt I'll ever see the full functionality of DDC on the App.  While it's very cool, I think that for those of us using computers, overall it's a step back from all the functionality we've come to expect with DDC.  I also wondering if we will have an equivalent to the Line-up Dominator - where I can input roster changes and see how they are going to impact potential results 3-4 weeks in the future.

So here's the elephant in the room... is this the last year FBG's is planning to support DDC?  

One other request - can you please pin this thread to the top of the Forum so we don't have to go searching for it?

Hey Simon, sorry for off topic (but i know you are amazing at quick responses), I posted a topic no one has responded to, thought I'd ask yo here: 

Draft List 
We take our Top 300 List and factor in Average Draft Position data to get a more realistic list of how we'd actually draft. If you're going to take a printed list to the Draft, this is the one.

**Anyone know if this list is PPR or Non-PPR?

GoBears84 said:
So here's the elephant in the room... is this the last year FBG's is planning to support DDC?  

rrobb said:
Exactly my question. I truly hope not, but suspect you might be right.

RR
I expressed this concern to Simon in a PM:

Chaka: I worry that the FBG plan is to eventually discontinue putting out the DD Classic without making the new app as fully featured as the Classic one.

Simon: Definitely not. But the way that classic does things isn't necessarily best. Some things that we implement will be done exactly the same, others differently. I'm just trying to ask the right questions so that we get to the right solutions.

But the way that classic does things isn't necessarily best.
I am aware of this, but I won my main league last year with DD Classic. I considered the app last year and played with it. But, I wound up using Classic for my draft. I really like Classic's ability to do a custom ADP following the way my league drafts. The way I look at it, the app is a vehicle. If the underlying projections are flawed...or the underlying ADP/EDP isn't similar to my league, it won't matter which you use...old or new. Last year, I had the right combination of luck, skill and projections and DD Classic brought it home...with a reasonable amount of in-season tinkering.

RR

GoBears84 said:
I doubt I'll ever see the full functionality of DDC on the App.  While it's very cool, I think that for those of us using computers, overall it's a step back from all the functionality we've come to expect with DDC.  I also wondering if we will have an equivalent to the Line-up Dominator - where I can input roster changes and see how they are going to impact potential results 3-4 weeks in the future.

Let's see what we come up with for 2017 here too. I can totally see that if you're used to DD Classic and then start using this - you immediately find the things that are missing but may not see the things that are extra.

Lineup coach will be part of the new FBG app/site we're building out.

I'm not in a position to comment on DD Classic. I'm heading up the effort to make the new app as good as possible.

Hey Simon, sorry for off topic (but i know you are amazing at quick responses), I posted a topic no one has responded to, thought I'd ask yo here: 

Draft List 
We take our Top 300 List and factor in Average Draft Position data to get a more realistic list of how we'd actually draft. If you're going to take a printed list to the Draft, this is the one.

**Anyone know if this list is PPR or Non-PPR?
not sure, sorry. that's a PHP-site thing so not something I'm familiar with.

I expressed this concern to Simon in a PM:

Chaka: I worry that the FBG plan is to eventually discontinue putting out the DD Classic without making the new app as fully featured as the Classic one.

Simon: Definitely not. But the way that classic does things isn't necessarily best. Some things that we implement will be done exactly the same, others differently. I'm just trying to ask the right questions so that we get to the right solutions.
Ok I'll be careful how I word PMs to you in the future if they're going to be posted publically ;-). But that's the position I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I'll be careful how I word PMs to you in the future if they're going to be posted publically ;-). But that's the position I guess.
I apologize if you are in any way bothered by my posting that.  Pretty sure you weren't ;-) but wanted to get that out of the way.  

I thought you provided a thoughtful and reassuring response to my concern and that it would help ease the concern of others.

While I completely agree that changing the QB slider shouldn't differentially affect other positions, there are serious difficulties with that suggested approach. I am an extremely serious auction drafter and confident that our algorithm is optimal. David Dodds uses it annually at the FFPC auctions. But I think you've discovered a bug here that I'm going to dig into and figure out. I understand that being able to make changes and see them reflected properly in the auction results is key to being able to trust the system. We'll get it fixed.
I am wondering if there will be a fairly simple "How to" instruction sheet on how to set up an Auction?

Thanks!

If you start zero-ing out weeks, it won't reduce FPts. Just like if you start setting some weeks to 2, it won't increase. Always balances out those weights so they total 16 (given bye week).

That said next version does have some fixes here so that number is higher and easier to understand.
Simon,

Sorry to keep asking about this.  This is my problem.  Since i can't put in my own projections, I am relying on these projections.  I know I can toggle up or down as needed for each individual player, but that is a lot of work.

So, I want to see who is projected to score the most points that is available.  I am looking at Keenan Allen as an example.  This is FFPC scoring.  This is what I am looking at.

Keenan Allen  fpts 285, ups 294, games 15.1,    primary proj 98/1125/7  secondary 0/0/0    

FFPC scoring would be 252.5 points.

Changing week 17 to 0, fpts is 282,  changing playoff weeks to 2, fpts is 288.  So, as you said minor differences.

What I want to know is why is there a 32.5 point difference between projection and fpts listed?  That is a huge difference.

I have checked several other players and differences are higher in some and lower in some, in varying degrees of difference.

So, I just don't understand why there is so much difference between your projections and the FPTs total.

Thank you so much for your quick responses,

Roger

Lineup coach will be part of the new FBG app/site we're building out.
I'm assuming it will close to MyFBG?

I love the MyFBG, but it pales in comparison to the LD.  The LD has the GBG feature wand weekly weights.  I can see the impact a new player or DEF will have on my team 2-3 weeks out.  

Click a player and there's a notes tab. Have in the request list to put a truncated version of your note in the actual player list too.
Simon, What I think your missing is that entering each player individually is time consuming.  For example, Dodds used to put out an article called 'Avoid the suck' with a ton of players to avoid for various reasons.  What I've done for years with DDC is to go through the VBD EXCEL sheet, make all my notes for many, many players (lots of copy/pasting) and then import them all at once.  Having to do all of those at once would be very beneficial for the new DD.

Simon, What I think your missing is that entering each player individually is time consuming.  For example, Dodds used to put out an article called 'Avoid the suck' with a ton of players to avoid for various reasons.  What I've done for years with DDC is to go through the VBD EXCEL sheet, make all my notes for many, many players (lots of copy/pasting) and then import them all at once.  Having to do all of those at once would be very beneficial for the new DD.
Yup.  The relationship between the VBD Excel spreadsheet and the DDC is what makes it such a great tool.  You can manipulate tons of data in the VBD spreadsheet then import it all into the DDC with a click.  The thought of doing the stuff that I normally do in the VBD spreadsheet directly in the DDC (or the new DD) is, frankly, a non-starter for me.

The thought of doing the stuff that I normally do in the VBD spreadsheet directly in the DDC
And here I thought I was a dinosaur for still using the VBD Spreadsheet and importing Player Notes from it. Apparently, there are at least a few of us out there. I've even customized it to display tiers for each position. Being able to import my custom spreadsheet...or at least my Player Notes from the spreadsheet to the app (projections would be even better) would make it infinitely better for me.

RR

Simon,

Sorry to keep asking about this.  This is my problem.  Since i can't put in my own projections, I am relying on these projections.  I know I can toggle up or down as needed for each individual player, but that is a lot of work.

So, I want to see who is projected to score the most points that is available.  I am looking at Keenan Allen as an example.  This is FFPC scoring.  This is what I am looking at.

Keenan Allen  fpts 285, ups 294, games 15.1,    primary proj 98/1125/7  secondary 0/0/0    

FFPC scoring would be 252.5 points.

Changing week 17 to 0, fpts is 282,  changing playoff weeks to 2, fpts is 288.  So, as you said minor differences.

What I want to know is why is there a 32.5 point difference between projection and fpts listed?  That is a huge difference.

I have checked several other players and differences are higher in some and lower in some, in varying degrees of difference.

So, I just don't understand why there is so much difference between your projections and the FPTs total.

Thank you so much for your quick responses,

Roger
Hi Roger, the 2017 app will make this clearer. Sorry I don't have the time right now to fully lay the whole thing out. But I hear your concerns and they will be addressed for next year.

I'm assuming it will close to MyFBG?

I love the MyFBG, but it pales in comparison to the LD.  The LD has the GBG feature wand weekly weights.  I can see the impact a new player or DEF will have on my team 2-3 weeks out.  
MyFBG will be closed, yes. The fundamental problem with MyFBG is that the whole site should be MyFBG - not just one page. That's the attitude we're building out the new tool with but we'll have more details on this and a new shark pool thread when it's ready.

The waiver wire tool in the new system will have weekly weights. What's the GBG feature there?

If notes were editable directly from the player list, would that be easier? Effectively then the same as editing them in excel. or, really what you want in that case is the avoid icon, more than a note. Could definitely make that editable from the list on desktop.

Yup.  The relationship between the VBD Excel spreadsheet and the DDC is what makes it such a great tool.  You can manipulate tons of data in the VBD spreadsheet then import it all into the DDC with a click.  The thought of doing the stuff that I normally do in the VBD spreadsheet directly in the DDC (or the new DD) is, frankly, a non-starter for me.
That's because the interface is easier in excel though right? If the interface was equivalent in new DD you wouldn't have a problem making the same edits there?

Emailing a cheat sheet doesnt seem to be working.  also, it would be very helpful if it could be printed directly rather than email
fix for this coming soon.

direct print is unlikely to be supported anytime soon. it's functional as it is and cheat sheets give you a huge disadvantage over using the app itself during a draft.

So I just went through my first real live draft with this.  Overall, impressed with the product.  I still prefer the classic version but think that this one will grow on me.  A couple of things that I noticed that I thought that I would share with the group:

There was lots of lag when entering picks on an iPad.  This appears to be the result of recalculating after every pick.  The draft was an MFL slow draft and this became frustrating when I was trying to enter a lot of picks.  But I could also see it making things tough in a live draft with short time limits.

Having the two different player pools (suggested picks and EDP picks) was very helpful and allowed me to find guys picked by other teams very quickly.  

I had a glitch early where I entered all team names, drafted for a while, turned off the iPad and then all the team names were gone when I went back into it.  And I was given team 1 as well.  Not a major issue.  But concerning.  On that point, can I update player projections mid-draft without worry?

I prefer the roster views here as opposed to the prior version but it did seem that I wasn't using a lot of the tools that I used on the classic version.  For example, I frequently check roster compositions and rankings during the draft but don't use that as much on this version.

This one is a factor of using my iPad for a draft for the first time, but I kept hitting the wrong players.  System worked as it should.  I just have to be more precise.

After going through this with my iPad, I'm almost tempted to use my iPhone Plus during a draft at a local bar.  It seems that the experience wouldn't be a lot more different than on the iPad.  But I need to play with that for a bit.

Overall, a great product.  And one that I am excited to learn more about.

But it does get depressing.  The fact that someone with absolutely no knowledge of football could enter league settings and just pick the top recommended guy to get a solid roster is troubling.  I commend you guys for putting it together but it does emphasize how the redraft game has devolved into a game of pure luck.  At first there was a knowledge gap.  Then you had the guys with lists, but those were outdated.  Then everyone had updated lists but not all knew about VBD and other concepts.  Then the lists incorporated those but people didn't know when to pick certain guys or didn't understand drop offs.  Now, this product does almost all of that for people -- for $4.95.  

That's because the interface is easier in excel though right? If the interface was equivalent in new DD you wouldn't have a problem making the same edits there?
Of course.  Copy/Paste, Sort, Add/Remove Columns/Rows etc. are some of the features that I use regularly on the VBD spreadsheet before importing.  If I could do that in the app I would.

Again, part of the problem for many of us is simply the fact that we are very accustomed to using the DDC so no matter what functionality you add to the new app there will still be a learning curve for all of us.  I have no problem doing that but I hope you understand why we find it a bit frustrating.  We fear change. 

Users who are viewing this thread