What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

It's Christmas in July - Draft Dominator software available for your desktop (1 Viewer)

Of course.  Copy/Paste, Sort, Add/Remove Columns/Rows etc. are some of the features that I use regularly on the VBD spreadsheet before importing.  If I could do that in the app I would.

Again, part of the problem for many of us is simply the fact that we are very accustomed to using the DDC so no matter what functionality you add to the new app there will still be a learning curve for all of us.  I have no problem doing that but I hope you understand why we find it a bit frustrating.  We fear change. 
I get that. But you guys have been asking for improvements for the DD Classic for years. This is the way we have to deliver it. Across all platforms, coding once. Or for a company our size, we can't deliver it. So in turn, we're asking you guys to put in the time to learn a new tool and give us feedback to make it better. Together, we can build a better Footballguys.

But it does get depressing.  The fact that someone with absolutely no knowledge of football could enter league settings and just pick the top recommended guy to get a solid roster is troubling.  I commend you guys for putting it together but it does emphasize how the redraft game has devolved into a game of pure luck.  At first there was a knowledge gap.  Then you had the guys with lists, but those were outdated.  Then everyone had updated lists but not all knew about VBD and other concepts.  Then the lists incorporated those but people didn't know when to pick certain guys or didn't understand drop offs.  Now, this product does almost all of that for people -- for $4.95.  
The advantage comes when you really learn the advanced stuff the tool does ;-)

Simon Shepherd said:
I get that. But you guys have been asking for improvements for the DD Classic for years. This is the way we have to deliver it. Across all platforms, coding once. Or for a company our size, we can't deliver it. So in turn, we're asking you guys to put in the time to learn a new tool and give us feedback to make it better. Together, we can build a better Footballguys.
I understand, and yet we continue to use the DDC and get the most out of it- and dominate our league because we understand the advanced stuff the DDC does.

The first couple of years I went by the DDC blindly and it killed me.. As I learned to customize it and optimize it i started to really be able to dominate with it.  For example, I'll take some of the various lists that are put out and I'll enter some of the data all at once into the VBD sheets (say for example, Avoid the suck, or even tiers).  I need to be able to input a large amount of info at once, not one player at a time.

I think what we are saying is before you ask us to learn a new APP, please make sure it has all the old features we use to dominate.

The waiver wire tool in the new system will have weekly weights. What's the GBG feature there?
Truly, you need to open it up to see the power of it.  In fact, the more I thought about this the more frustrated this makes me.  Have you not looked at the APPS that you are looking to replace?  Where are Dodds and Bryant in the vetting of all this work???

I use Game-by-game projections, Weekly lineup and Pool Weekly Points.  I go to GBG to see where I have the possibility of losing games in the future.  I can go to Weekly Line-up and see for that specific week, why I'm going to lose, which players are dragging me down and what positions.  I can go to Pool Weekly points and identify possible waiver wire pickups two to three weeks out.  I can use the same information when considering trades - does the trade help me win games I might otherwise lose.

I'll be more than happy to have a WebEx session with you some time to show you how I have learned to use ALL the Dominator programs over the past 10+ years... PM me.. The ability to peek into the future with the LD must be replicated with the new system.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand, and yet we continue to use the DDC and get the most out of it- and dominate our league because we understand the advanced stuff the DDC does.

The first couple of years I went by the DDC blindly and it killed me.. As I learned to customize it and optimize it i started to really be able to dominate with it.  For example, I'll take some of the various lists that are put out and I'll enter some of the data all at once into the VBD sheets (say for example, Avoid the suck, or even tiers).  I need to be able to input a large amount of info at once, not one player at a time.

I think what we are saying is before you ask us to learn a new APP, please make sure it has all the old features we use to dominate.
Would you guys prefer to have zero input input or some input? If you want input, you need to see the app. I don't see the point in caging it up until it does everything the DD Classic does. I want to know what we can improve on from how DD Classic does things. Or are there things we don't need to do that no-one really used? I know there's a bunch of features in this new app that just no-one uses.

Truly, you need to open it up to see the power of it.  In fact, the more I thought about this the more frustrated this makes me.  Have you not looked at the APPS that you are looking to replace?  Where are Dodds and Bryant in the vetting of all this work???

I use Game-by-game projections, Weekly lineup and Pool Weekly Points.  I go to GBG to see where I have the possibility of losing games in the future.  I can go to Weekly Line-up and see for that specific week, why I'm going to lose, which players are dragging me down and what positions.  I can go to Pool Weekly points and identify possible waiver wire pickups two to three weeks out.  I can use the same information when considering trades - does the trade help me win games I might otherwise lose.

I'll be more than happy to have a WebEx session with you some time to show you how I have learned to use ALL the Dominator programs over the past 10+ years... PM me.. The ability to peek into the future with the LD must be replicated with the new system.
I'm absolutely familiar with that functionality just not the abbreviation you used. Please don't jump to conclusions, that's not helping anyone.

Absolutely we plan to implement this. Will everything be in there from day 1? Dominator stuff, not everything. MyFBG stuff, will be there in almost its entirety. It'll be incredibly useful from day 1. And by the end of the season it'll have all these features and more. And on day 1 it'll have a bunch of amazing features that Dominator tools & MyFBG never did too.

I'm really trying here guys to improve what Footballguys offers you. And we have processes in place that involve Dodds and Bryant hugely. In fact, we have a call in just under 4 hours to discuss progress of the apps.

Thanks for the offer of a webex session. I'm going to pass for now because we have set in stone our features for the beginning of the year and I need to concentrate on delivery there. The next opportunity for something like that would be once the season has started and we're working out our priorities from there forwards.

Perhaps another in depth video showing more of the advanced features of the app would be in order.  I enjoyed the first two that you and Joe put together...Are there more advanced things you can do with it than was shown?  Are there different things you can do in an auction draft versus a serpentine draft?  I definitely have enjoyed toying with the app so far and would welcome the opportunity to learn how to do more with it.

I think I may have found a bug.

Setting up for my real draft I put in a number of Keepers into the system.  One team changed their minds about one of their keepers so I attempted to back that guy out buy going to that team's roster and clicking on the player and selecting the "unpick" option on his player page that pops up.  The system looks like it tries to unpick him but then clicks off and the player still remains on the roster.

Maybe Im doing something wrong operationally but it doesnt appear that this is functioning properly.

Thanks Simon

I think I may have found a bug.

Setting up for my real draft I put in a number of Keepers into the system.  One team changed their minds about one of their keepers so I attempted to back that guy out buy going to that team's roster and clicking on the player and selecting the "unpick" option on his player page that pops up.  The system looks like it tries to unpick him but then clicks off and the player still remains on the roster.

Maybe Im doing something wrong operationally but it doesnt appear that this is functioning properly.

Thanks Simon
Bugs are best to apps@footballguys.com. But this is one that I believe we fixed a while back. Are you using the latest version? You're supposed to remove keepers from the keepers screen. But the unpick button should show a warning rather than a freeze (and should in the latest version - 1.0.11 on the more menu)

Perhaps another in depth video showing more of the advanced features of the app would be in order.  I enjoyed the first two that you and Joe put together...Are there more advanced things you can do with it than was shown?  Are there different things you can do in an auction draft versus a serpentine draft?  I definitely have enjoyed toying with the app so far and would welcome the opportunity to learn how to do more with it.
The second hour-long video pretty much covers it all.

Bugs are best to apps@footballguys.com. But this is one that I believe we fixed a while back. Are you using the latest version? You're supposed to remove keepers from the keepers screen. But the unpick button should show a warning rather than a freeze (and should in the latest version - 1.0.11 on the more menu)
OK I got the keeper unloaded, but I never saw a warning screen, it just locks up...

Absolutely we plan to implement this. Will everything be in there from day 1? Dominator stuff, not everything. MyFBG stuff, will be there in almost its entirety. It'll be incredibly useful from day 1. And by the end of the season it'll have all these features and more. And on day 1 it'll have a bunch of amazing features that Dominator tools & MyFBG never did too.
Simon,

First off let me say (again) that I appreciate your effort in improving the apps and your comments on this thread.

I think some of the recent comments from GoBears (and others) are the result of what we perceive to be valuable lost functionality. I have no doubt that the analytics/predictions in the new app are more improved but if they come at the expense of lost functionality then it really puts us in a bind. Do we go with the new app that supposedly has better analytics but is missing key functionality (i.e. Custom ADP in DD or Game-by-game projections in LD) or do we go to the old app that is using older analytics, is missing some of the new functionality but has those features that some of us have learned to use to great advantage?

I'm in IT and know that acceptance of a new rollout generally comes with great pains. People tend to gravitate and hold on to what they know but I don't think that's the case here (and least it's not with me). I WANT to use the new tool but it can't come at the expense of critical/valuable features. Some of it may be that I still don't fully understand the new app and there is a use case that will give me what I need. However, I've been using this for several weeks now it's obvious that some things are now simply not available.

Again, don't mean to sound too critical because I recognize the effort but this is a message that I think is important to voice. I'm for new/improved apps but they can't come at the expense of lost functionality.

Simon,

First off let me say (again) that I appreciate your effort in improving the apps and your comments on this thread.

I think some of the recent comments from GoBears (and others) are the result of what we perceive to be valuable lost functionality. I have no doubt that the analytics/predictions in the new app are more improved but if they come at the expense of lost functionality then it really puts us in a bind. Do we go with the new app that supposedly has better analytics but is missing key functionality (i.e. Custom ADP in DD or Game-by-game projections in LD) or do we go to the old app that is using older analytics, is missing some of the new functionality but has those features that some of us have learned to use to great advantage?

I'm in IT and know that acceptance of a new rollout generally comes with great pains. People tend to gravitate and hold on to what they know but I don't think that's the case here (and least it's not with me). I WANT to use the new tool but it can't come at the expense of critical/valuable features. Some of it may be that I still don't fully understand the new app and there is a use case that will give me what I need. However, I've been using this for several weeks now it's obvious that some things are now simply not available.

Again, don't mean to sound too critical because I recognize the effort but this is a message that I think is important to voice. I'm for new/improved apps but they can't come at the expense of lost functionality.
I think there's a certain amount of resistance in learning a new tool. And I understand that. It's a pain especially when you've invested time in the original tool but long term having the same tool on all platforms means you only have to learn once. Not a different time on each device type. And, we can get the exact same results across devices. I can't tell you guys how much grief we've got over the last 2-3 years from having two draft tools with slightly different results. We're working towards a better situation for everyone here I'm sure.

The reality of the situation is we've been unable to make changes to the classic Dominator tools for some time. I hope people can appreciate that. Pivoting to this new way of doing apps is a one time pain for people to move over. And that's why DD Classic is still available. There is no lost functionality! If you miss stuff, go back to that. And your time invested this year in the new app won't be wasted because next year the vast, vast majority of these features will be in there.

Simon,

I second this.  

I wouldn't be in here explaining why I can't use the APP if I didn't eventually want to use it.  I'm an early adopter at my company.  There is a basic concept that you can't offer a new approach if it doesn't provide the functions that people utilized with the last one OR there isn't a reason for not including them.  Without being overly critical here, did you guys set out to create a new APP or did you set out to replace the DDC?  From my perspective you started with the first, and hoped to achieve the 2nd, but didn't take into account all the functionality.  That was an extreme oversight on your part.  I am willing to provide the input.

I would be curious to know, come September, whether more people use the APP or DDC...

Simon,

IMO it would be helpful to provide us with a matrix of all total combined capabilities of DDC and the app, which would show which capabilities are implemented in 2016 DDC and 2016 app, which ones will be implemented in 2017 app, and which ones from DDC are not assigned to any future app release. Some of the frustration being expressed in this thread has to do with users having to experiment to discover for themselves what DDC capabilities are not supported in the 2016 app. Perhaps a roadmap/table would better set expectations and you would hear less frustration. I mean, surely you guys have enough intrinsic knowledge of DDC to accurately list all of its capabilities and which ones are supported vs. planned in the app, right?

Would you guys prefer to have zero input input or some input? If you want input, you need to see the app. I don't see the point in caging it up until it does everything the DD Classic does. I want to know what we can improve on from how DD Classic does things. Or are there things we don't need to do that no-one really used? I know there's a bunch of features in this new app that just no-one uses.
This statement makes the app sound like a beta release; it makes it sound like you know it is incomplete but wanted to get it out for feedback. That is fine, but it would have better set expectations if something like this was stated up front.

Ok to be honest guys we got the response we needed from this thread and I think the discussion has covered a bunch of stuff for you guys too. Thank you for your input. At no point did we claim the app was feature-comparable to DD Classic. The purpose here was to work out out of the missing DD Classic stuff what you guys want in this app too. We could have implemented everything but want to avoid a bloated app. So we wanted some user input - thank you for providing it to us. I'm headed out this thread here for now because we're going round and round in circles and I need to concentrate on getting you guys the inseason tools you'll love for 2016.

I won't do a full feature comparison table at this point because we're concentrating on developing in season functionality.

thanks again for everyone's input here. Any user-specific queries from here can go to apps@footballguys.com. I think every other question is answered in our instruction manual or somewhere in this thread. Appreciate the thread is tough to read through but that's the best we can do for now. I'm jumping off for now.

Ok to be honest guys we got the response we needed from this thread and I think the discussion has covered a bunch of stuff for you guys too. Thank you for your input. At no point did we claim the app was feature-comparable to DD Classic. The purpose here was to work out out of the missing DD Classic stuff what you guys want in this app too. We could have implemented everything but want to avoid a bloated app. So we wanted some user input - thank you for providing it to us. I'm headed out this thread here for now because we're going round and round in circles and I need to concentrate on getting you guys the inseason tools you'll love for 2016.

I won't do a full feature comparison table at this point because we're concentrating on developing in season functionality.

thanks again for everyone's input here. Any user-specific queries from here can go to apps@footballguys.com. I think every other question is answered in our instruction manual or somewhere in this thread. Appreciate the thread is tough to read through but that's the best we can do for now. I'm jumping off for now.
I've been a FBG for many years... I appreciate what you guys are trying to do - but you did it backwards. This was a classic 'New Coke' blunder.  It would have been very easy to go to the old Forum and say 'Hey - we are working on a new APP to replace the DD - what of the DD can you not live without."    What pains me is that you state '...at no point did we claim the app was feature-comparable to DD Classic."  Really????  :bs:   Because why did you call it the Draft Dominator and take the link to the old forum off the main page?

We've given you opportunities above on how this could be better - open a Forum, start some threads - give the users an opportunity to work with each other.  

Simon, do you realize how your last post sounds to us? Probably not.

I've continued to follow this thread while avoiding making any more posts (until now.) Others have been making very solid posts as to why this new DD does not come close to DDC's functionality for dedicated users of the classic.

We are not running around in circles. You are running circles trying to defend this new product against the old.

You wanted input from the old guard who know how to use DDC to its fullest extent as it sits. We provided you that input. You aren't being transparent about some things and keep insisting the new algorithms are the bomb and we should just trust you. You wanted the input but aren't happy with results. Now, you've basically said you won't answer any more questions here and aren't going to provide a simple feature comparison table. Now, you're just blowing us off. That's how your last post comes across.

GoBears84 has been very knowledgeable and informative with his posts in this thread. If you look back into the old (closed) forum you can see how knowledgeable he is as he singlehandedly took over for Bruce Henderson to answer questions for folks unsure how to get the most out of the classic.

You claimed to me that I didn't give the app a real chance in testing it. Possibly. But in reality I couldn't do easily what I could do with classic. I want to use the new one, hence my input. I don't mind change and I'm willing to learn new. I'm still trying to.

Rody

Not broken guys just making the decisions that get you guys the best service at Footballguys. I've posted so much in here; but at a certain point it's time for me to get to work to provide you all with what you want. Thank you again sincerely for everyone's input. I'm really excited to show you guys what we have for the inseason and really excited to show you what we come up with for the Draft Dominator for 2017.

Thank you again for everyone's input!

One other note:

I was very vocal in the old forum about enhancements and improvements that I felt were needed for the classic. Look through the old "Wish List" thread again. While some of those requests may have been incorporated into the new....in no way should any of them come at the expense of some of the features and functionality originally present in the classic that now appear to be missing or extremely difficult to decipher/find on the new.

I can garauntee that any improvements requested there weren't stated with the caveat that all other functionality should remain. It was a given. We wanted it to be better. Not torn down and rebuilt with some functionality but not others. We understand the need to start fresh but don't understand the need for lost functionality.

I get what you are trying to accomplish here and I applaud you and your team for all your efforts. Good luck.

Rody

Ive downloaded the new Draft Dominator and there are two error codes....what am I doing wrong?  The first says invalid team name: Los Angeles Rams and the second is: Subscript out of range.

It still has Calvin Johnson at #7....

Any insights into whats going on would be greatly appreciated.

Just finding this board and this thread. Sorry if this has been answered already ...

Loading in the keepers for my dynasty auction league and I've noticed two things:

1. When I go to put in the auction price, if the first number after the decimal point is a zero, it won't accept it. I have to round up to make it work. Any other decimal number works fine.

2. There are a host of players that are showing up without prices, even though they have projected fantasy points. I'm talking top players like Stafford, Derek Carr, Mariota, Dalton ... a lot of them are QBs or Ks.

Appreciate any help.

1. When I go to put in the auction price, if the first number after the decimal point is a zero, it won't accept it. I have to round up to make it work. Any other decimal number works fine.
I'm not the expert on this software, but would multiplying your total pool and salaries by 10 across the board be a workaround for this problem?

Jim Carr said:
I am having a similar problem with QB scoring.  We use .04 points per passing yard (25 yards = 1 point) but it won't accept 2 decimal places.  It seemed to me the app is only set up for 1 decimal place. 

I like many was reluctant at first, but after playing around with the settings, the new desktop version has many great features.  Although the ability to adjust spreadsheet data and import may not exist, the new version has many unique customization options (globally and on an individual player basis). I do agree with others that we may have been able to see more at any given time, but it appears that Simon and the team are willing to work with us in improving the platform per our recommendations. Overall, this new version is a step forward.  There may be a breaking in period, but it sounds like they are trying to build an app for the future and have it do things the classic could not achieve. 

In the process of learning the new system, I've come across a few questions:

1. When I recently opened the software, it stated a new version was available.  Do I simply reinstall from the link online and it will override the existing application?

2. I added information for my 14 team league, but when I exit the program and load it later I notice that the team names for team 11 and 12 revert back to "Team 11 and Team 12." Why is is not saving those two team names I entered for future use?  Teams 1-10, 13 and 14 all keep the team names I entered originally.

3. Is there an easy way to configure the % settings for the 4 staff experts.  Each time I change the scroll, it's hard to settle on the exact percentage I want (ie. 30%). Also, if I am able to get the exact percentage by moving the arrow, it automatically adjusts the percentages of the other three staff members and then it becomes and endless cycle since the system keeps changing the percentages automatically.  I would love to be able to allocate the 100% very easily among the 4 staffers.

4. During the real draft setting is there a way to control the amount of time and possibly set a pick warning like we had in classic?

5. Does anyone have recommendations on staff percentages for projections based on last few years of staff performance.  I know this is subjective, but any insight would be appreciated. I know splitting 100% instead of placing all eggs in one basket is key, but the right split is what I'm hoping to get help with. League starts 1QB; 2RBs; 2WRs; 1RB/WR Flex, 1TE; 1K; 1DST.

Also, I know there was mention of shifting focus to In-season apps. Will we have something similar to the LD app? It was easy in the past to save the DD file and import it into LD. I'm not sure how that will change by performing the draft in the new desktop version.

Thanks so much for all your help and once again I think the improvements will soon be widely accepted.

Is there a way to sync the old version of the Draft Dominator with the new version of the draft dominator....or do I have to redo all my league settings for all my leagues??  The greatest thing about the old version is that I set my leagues years ago and only had to update the program.  Now it seems as though I have to start all over again.

Does this new version of the Draft Dominator need to be connected to wifi during the draft or is it like the old version where wifi was not required??  I loved not having to be on wifi in order to draft.  While everyone was dealing with slow internet due to the large number of devices connected, I didn't have to worry about it at all.

Thanks!

Dont think Simon is answering this thread anymore..Gotta use the fbg app email he mentioned above for any questions on the app now...

Thx again Simon 

Can't wait for the in season functionality

For this year's draft, using one of FG's apps... let's face it, crossing fingers I draft the least amount of in-season injured players and most upside

Aren't we all?

Is there a way to sync the old version of the Draft Dominator with the new version of the draft dominator....or do I have to redo all my league settings for all my leagues??  The greatest thing about the old version is that I set my leagues years ago and only had to update the program.  Now it seems as though I have to start all over again.
Not that I'm aware of. I'm pretty sure you need to redo the setting for the new DD.

Does this new version of the Draft Dominator need to be connected to wifi during the draft or is it like the old version where wifi was not required??  I loved not having to be on wifi in order to draft.  While everyone was dealing with slow internet due to the large number of devices connected, I didn't have to worry about it at all.
You do not need to be on WiFi to use the new DD.

I am having a similar problem with QB scoring.  We use .04 points per passing yard (25 yards = 1 point) but it won't accept 2 decimal places.  It seemed to me the app is only set up for 1 decimal place. 
That's the weird part. It will accept multiple decimal places for auction salaries, but it won't accept a zero as the first digit.

Arodin said:
I'm not the expert on this software, but would multiplying your total pool and salaries by 10 across the board be a workaround for this problem?
I suppose I could try. Our salary cap is $100 million, so I was just entering $100 for the cap and using the millions before the decimal point and the thousands after it. Would take some work to re-enter everything, though.

I didn't even look to see if it would accept $100M as an actual salary cap total, but I could try it out.

Thanks!

Played with this last night a bit. The auction values weren't that close to what our league typically runs. I couldn't find anywhere to adjust the formula to tweak them like in the Classic DD.

Can anyone point me in that direction?

Played with this last night a bit. The auction values weren't that close to what our league typically runs. I couldn't find anywhere to adjust the formula to tweak them like in the Classic DD.

Can anyone point me in that direction?
saw this the other day http://fbgapps.footballguys.com/support/index.php?app=fbgdraft2015

Auction Drafts

Entering your league's auction settings

Your auction settings can be entered by first accessing the 'Draft' tab (or the gear icon on the left above the player list on tablets/desktop) and then selecting 'Auction Settings'. Under this screen, you have the options to set the Minimum Bid, the Increment that each bid can increase, as well as the Auction Budget for each team.

The settings of the auction cap for each team and the minimum bid for each team are of course crucial in the app's calculation of auction values for your league.

saw this the other day http://fbgapps.footballguys.com/support/index.php?app=fbgdraft2015

Auction Drafts

Entering your league's auction settings

Your auction settings can be entered by first accessing the 'Draft' tab (or the gear icon on the left above the player list on tablets/desktop) and then selecting 'Auction Settings'. Under this screen, you have the options to set the Minimum Bid, the Increment that each bid can increase, as well as the Auction Budget for each team.

The settings of the auction cap for each team and the minimum bid for each team are of course crucial in the app's calculation of auction values for your league.
Yea, I found this. I'm talking about being able to tweak the player projected values. In my league QB's are valued pretty high with a couple in the $80 range every year. I used to be able to tweak the formula to get those values in line with the way my league goes. I cannot find a way to do that in this new app.

MFL Import coming next year for this app.
I think this is when I'll make the switch from DD classic.  We have a fair amount of draft pick trading in my main league, and I've figured out some ways I can edit the .DDF file to get the draft order to match MFL.  Plus, I've already got DDF files for my leagues with team names, scoring system, and keepers entered for 2016, and I really don't want to do all that again.

ETA - I like the look of the new app, might use it for a redraft league or two.

I know Simon said to put suggestions and questions in email but screw that...it's just dumb.

Why have people email over and over the same things?

I'm just going to post my suggestions/issues here and be done with it...he can come back and look or not...don't really give a damn.

When you click on a player...it shows previous years stats.  I'd like to be able to click on that previous year and see the weekly breakdown of the player's scoring.  I know I can get this elsewhere but I'd rather have everything at my fingertips.  Seeing if a player had one or two giant weeks and a bunch of mediocre weeks is a big deal to me.

Yea, I found this. I'm talking about being able to tweak the player projected values. In my league QB's are valued pretty high with a couple in the $80 range every year. I used to be able to tweak the formula to get those values in line with the way my league goes. I cannot find a way to do that in this new app.
You can do this 2 ways.... 1. Click on the wrench icon.  Under that you will see positional adjustment.  Click that.  Use the sliders to increase/ decrease a positions importance per your league.   This will change the values.   2. Under the wrench icon the stud vs duds slider dramatically changes the values.      Use these 2 in combination to get your values where you feel they fit. 

Definitely going to take some getting used to.  The thing I loved about the Classic DD was that I could have a lot of different information visible on the screen at the same time.  That doesn't seem possible with the new app, instead I'll have to keep clicking back and forth which seems like a giant pain in the ###, to be honest.  But I don't like change in general so I'll give it some time to get used to it.

Edit: On the plus side, it looks great, it was actually able to accomodate some of the quirky scoring rules of my local league that the classic version couldn't, and it was much easier to put in all the keepers this morning.  :thumbsup:
I just downloaded the new desktop DD onto my Windows 10 OS laptop and am struggling with the same thing.  DD Classic always seemed just fine for me.  Like anything else, I just need some practice time.

I noticed on Draft Dominator Classic when looking at weekly points of players it has not totally taken into account the suspensions of Bell and Gordon, etc or the related upside to players like Deangelo Williams, Garappolo, etc.  Take Bell as an example, when he was suspended FBG lowered his total point estimates, however DD Classic still has him receiving points during his suspended weeks.  By having these players still receive points/or not getting credited with more points as in the case of DeAngelo it throws the weekly forecasts and season projections off.  Does the new app have these players getting zero points during their suspended games or does it receive the same date as the classic?

Potential bug...could be just mine but I'll throw this out there:

I did a mock draft...which had keepers and some picks being traded.

I start to do a new mock draft a few days later and the keepers are reflected...but the picks traded are not...I have to go back in and make those trades manually again.

I used to like tweaking projections through the Projections Dominator and then importing those into the DD (now DDC).  Can we import PD results into the new tablet-style DD?

Also my league drafts using Double Serpentine, which was one of the default-button options on DDC for draft order.  Am I going to have to do it via adjusting each round on the new tablet one or is there another way to speed that up?

Just a heads up to those using this for a slow draft.  I've used it for two drafts and, during each draft, I've had a partial reset of data during an automatic download.  The first time I lost team names and my team was reset to team 1.  By the time this happened my draft was almost done so I finished without the app.

However, during the most recent update, during the 2nd draft, the draft reset from round 24 to round 16 of a 40 round draft.  I understand that FGB is looking at this and will update soon.  But, until then, be careful.  Our draft is currently in round 30 and may almost be done by the time the update comes out so I won't be using it for the remainder of the draft -- back to paper and pen for me!

Users who are viewing this thread