What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

It's Christmas in July - Draft Dominator software available for your desktop (1 Viewer)

I just downloaded the new desktop DD onto my Windows 10 OS laptop and am struggling with the same thing.  DD Classic always seemed just fine for me.  Like anything else, I just need some practice time.
Unfortunately, I think I will need to run both. I need to project the Draft Board from DD Classic...and I like and know the Classic interface very well. But, I want to take advantage of the new algorithms of the app. So, I am practicing using both now so I won't be overwhelmed at my main league's Draft.

RR

Here's a link to a screen shot of my typical Classic Draft Dominator setup:

Classic Draft Dominator Screen Shot

When first pulled up, it will ask you if you want to save it to  Dropbox.  At the bottom of the pop-up you have the option of "No thanks, continue to view ->" if you just want to view it.

First, I'll point out the color contrast.  For my eyes this is night and day more distinguishable than the new DD, esp. for the RB/WR positions, positions you most likely want to distinguish at a glance.  Note: It's not just color, but the contrast between colors.  I've shown both views to colleagues who work with web designs, and are fully color proficient.  They all mention the lack of contrast between the colors you use even though they can tell the colors apart.

As for screen real estate:

• I can show the Player Pool and the Draft Board on the screen at the same time, whilst at the same time, seeing the current roster of the team on the clock.
  • In addition to the above, I can tell at a glance how many at each position have been taken by my draft mates.  This is helpful, especially when drafting with people you know, to predict which positions are likely to be taken between your current and next turn.
  • I also like the Best Value Pick module, using several of the columns to formulate my next/current pick.
I know I am late to this party, but I didn't even bother using the new DD app in my main auction this past weekend. Aside from the issues I had saving team names and auction dollar amounts, the inability to have multiple windows open for easy access was a HUGE limitation.

When I run Classic, I always have the Player Pool, Team Data, Depth Chart, Draft Summary, Team Data and of course Draft Status windows open. With some clever stacking, or a big enough monitor, you can have all these windows open at the same time and easily cross reference back and forth during live bidding without having to close out of one window to access info on another window.

I get that some people want the updated algorithms and need the rankings so they know who to draft, but there are quite of few of us out here that mainly use the software to facilitate the drafting/auction process and want/need the multi-window access that Classic provides.  Seriously, you guys have been ignoring us for years now on the DT/DE and CB/S breakouts in Classic. As tempted as I am to not subscribe over the refusal to respond to that request, I still subscribe.  But if Classic ever dies and the new DD doesn't allow multi-window access, I'll be done for sure.

I am having a similar problem with QB scoring.  We use .04 points per passing yard (25 yards = 1 point) but it won't accept 2 decimal places.  It seemed to me the app is only set up for 1 decimal place. 
What I found when entering salary numbers into keepers is that if your first digit to the right of the decimal is a 0, you need to go ahead and type in the next digit and then back space to insert the 0 in between that next digit and the decimal point. When done that way, the 0 stays put.

Example:

To enter "2.03", I would type in "2.3" and then use my <- direction key to put the cursor between the "." and the "3" and then hit the "0" to insert it in between them.

Should it be fixed? Absolutely. But you can work around it quickly provided you are using a full key array keyboard.

I know I am late to this party, but I didn't even bother using the new DD app in my main auction this past weekend. Aside from the issues I had saving team names and auction dollar amounts, the inability to have multiple windows open for easy access was a HUGE limitation.

When I run Classic, I always have the Player Pool, Team Data, Depth Chart, Draft Summary, Team Data and of course Draft Status windows open. With some clever stacking, or a big enough monitor, you can have all these windows open at the same time and easily cross reference back and forth during live bidding without having to close out of one window to access info on another window.

I get that some people want the updated algorithms and need the rankings so they know who to draft, but there are quite of few of us out here that mainly use the software to facilitate the drafting/auction process and want/need the multi-window access that Classic provides.  Seriously, you guys have been ignoring us for years now on the DT/DE and CB/S breakouts in Classic. As tempted as I am to not subscribe over the refusal to respond to that request, I still subscribe.  But if Classic ever dies and the new DD doesn't allow multi-window access, I'll be done for sure.

This is exactly the issue I have as well. The new desktop app is just so limiting in the access to information that I can have on one screen at any one time that it makes the app a non-starter. Our auction draft moves quickly and I need to be able to see, at a glance and without having to go into a separate screen, Player Pool, Draft Status, Draft Summary, Team Data. 

Right now as I look at the Player Pool in DD Classic, I can see 77 players Vs. 29 in the new Desktop App. And what is key for me about the Classic player pool is the "Notes" section, which I use to highlight players I want to target so that at a glance, I can see every player that I am specifically targeting. I realize that there is a "Watch List" in the new app, but it's binary nature vs. the three notes fields in Classic make it much less useful, not mention that the green star used when added to the watch list gets lost in all the other fluff (news, injured, rookie, etc) in that column. 

Honestly, even if the new app was somehow able to connect to the future and pull down info from the the 2016 completed season I still wouldn't use it as I can't see how I would be able to track our auction draft (as the commish) while also making my own pics. 

Is there anyway to import a dynasty league roster from MFL into the classic Draft Dominator?  I really don't want to enter the entire rosters for all 14 teams.

This is exactly the issue I have as well. The new desktop app is just so limiting in the access to information that I can have on one screen at any one time that it makes the app a non-starter. Our auction draft moves quickly and I need to be able to see, at a glance and without having to go into a separate screen, Player Pool, Draft Status, Draft Summary, Team Data. 

Right now as I look at the Player Pool in DD Classic, I can see 77 players Vs. 29 in the new Desktop App. And what is key for me about the Classic player pool is the "Notes" section, which I use to highlight players I want to target so that at a glance, I can see every player that I am specifically targeting. I realize that there is a "Watch List" in the new app, but it's binary nature vs. the three notes fields in Classic make it much less useful, not mention that the green star used when added to the watch list gets lost in all the other fluff (news, injured, rookie, etc) in that column. 

Honestly, even if the new app was somehow able to connect to the future and pull down info from the the 2016 completed season I still wouldn't use it as I can't see how I would be able to track our auction draft (as the commish) while also making my own pics. 
Great posts. DDC on desktop seems much better than the updated DD Premium that is now available for use on Windows 10 pc's. 

Nope, Using my leagues scoring parameters in the 1st 4 weeks it has Bell scoring 13.6 12.8 15.2 and 11.2, Brady -.5 ,6 -.5 .7, Deangelo 9.3 8.3 10.4 and 7.7 and Gordon 10.8 10.4 9.6 and 9.8
As of now, Bell, Brady and Gordon all are 0.0 for first four weeks. D. Williams is between 8 and 10 for those weeks based on my league's scoring. (Version 1.0.14 - just updated payer data).

RR

pandora said:
Is there anyway to import a dynasty league roster from MFL into the classic Draft Dominator?  I really don't want to enter the entire rosters for all 14 teams.

The MFL Import program does this and creates a Draft Dominator file for your league.

Welp.  I wish I read this threadbefore I bought the mobile app for the first time yesterday. :bag:  

rrobb said:
As of now, Bell, Brady and Gordon all are 0.0 for first four weeks. D. Williams is between 8 and 10 for those weeks based on my league's scoring. (Version 1.0.14 - just updated payer data).

RR
Thanks but on the classic version 17.0 it isn't fixed

Thanks but on the classic version 17.0 it isn't fixed
Hmm...you're right. The weekly points are not 0.0 in Classic for LB for the first four weeks, but Bell is slotted at RB #14. So, he's definitely been downgraded. When the first projections came out, he was at the top of the RB's. Brady HAS been dropped, however. Week 1: -0.5; Week 2: +0.6; Week 3: -0.5; Week 4: +0.7.

Gordon also has stats for the first 4 weeks, like Bell, but he is slotted at WR #50, so he has been downgraded as well.

It seems as if the overall projections are okay...just not the weekly points. Let's hope that gets fixed up.

RR

Hmm...you're right. The weekly points are not 0.0 in Classic for LB for the first four weeks, but Bell is slotted at RB #14. So, he's definitely been downgraded. When the first projections came out, he was at the top of the RB's. Brady HAS been dropped, however. Week 1: -0.5; Week 2: +0.6; Week 3: -0.5; Week 4: +0.7.

Gordon also has stats for the first 4 weeks, like Bell, but he is slotted at WR #50, so he has been downgraded as well.

It seems as if the overall projections are okay...just not the weekly points. Let's hope that gets fixed up.

RR
You guys are looking in the wrong place.  Go to File>Setup>Projections, find Bell, Gordon, etc. and scroll out past the player notes until you get to the weekly weighting. You should see zero's for all of them for weeks 1-4.  The small points you are seeing are a result of the influence of using the Game-by-game feature.  They are insignificant enough anyway.

I cannot sync from my desktop and now don't seem to be able to do anything. I tried logging out and it won't let me, none of my buttons work at all

I guess I have been used to loading this up a week before the draft and flying, I should have looked at it earlier.

Did this thing really install 4264 files onto my pc?

If it had a separate file for every person on the 53 man roster of every team it would be around 1600 files.

crazy

Edited to add, over 500 folders as well. This seems a tad looney.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is something I hope we can get to for next year. Since we will have that functionality in house for this season, it shouldn't be too tough.
this is a HUGE step back, Where can I download the classic version? It's kind of crazy you still have the export tool and no way to import. Setting up the MFL leagues by hand is a big downer

Classic is still available under tools tab (thank god)... Just look a little lower. Agreed with all the negatives above regarding the new DD, and why I'm sticking with DDC. There's "I just like the old way" and then there's "the new way is flat out deficient". This is the latter. 

Classic is still available under tools tab (thank god)... Just look a little lower. Agreed with all the negatives above regarding the new DD, and why I'm sticking with DDC. There's "I just like the old way" and then there's "the new way is flat out deficient". This is the latter. 
FBG borrowing marketing strategy from New Coke

I sent an email in to FBG for an answer, but I just ran into a weird problem. I went to set up a 12 team live draft in order to adjust teams and picks for the real thing in a few weeks. The app shows 16 picks in all rounds. I adjusted the settings down to 10 teams and the site then shows 14 picks per round. Not sure what's going on as I did the same for an earlier league without any trouble. 

And is it true that there is no cloud concept for the dominator app draft files? So if I have an app on my PC at work, the drafts and notes won't show up on the app on my home PC?

starting to play around with this app.  Question what are folks doing with the weekly weights?  Does it make sense to weight the first 4 weeks higher to get players with that will start  hot?  what about weighting the playoffs?

Potential Bug. 

I play in a keeper league and sometimes we trade draft picks to be able to keep multiple players in the same round.  When adding keepers, I cannot override to add more than 1 player in a round, even if I have multiple draft picks in that round.  I get the message popup, and select [OK], but the keeper is not moved to the list. 

In addition, in the player pool window, can you list the player's bye in ( ) next to the player's name, rather than in the grid.  Then it would be the same view when looking at the players drafted.  I am finding myself having to hunt for it as they are listed differently between the two views.

Thanks!

Just jumping in to re-iterate a couple things guys. If you want support with new app issues, please don't expect that to happen here. I only have time to check one place at this time of year and that one place is what we have linked up to our support desk system - apps@footballguys.com.

Great that you guys continue to discuss the apps here. I will review this entire thread before we come up with our final feature list for 2017. One word if I may: if you want the app to get better, please give specifics. Simply saying it is deficient or it's rubbish doesn't help us. But most people are putting a bunch of details here. I have a great list for 2017 and confident that nearly everything can be achieved. Thanks.

Agreed

I'm willing to bet everything that we won't have the Classic next year. We'll just have to use positional sliders to try desperately and futilely to use our own league specific ADP data in the new and improved DD. Good luck kids!

I'm willing to bet everything that we won't have the Classic next year. We'll just have to use positional sliders to try desperately and futilely to use our own league specific ADP data in the new and improved DD. Good luck kids!
I've already implemented position sliders entering manual VBD numbers so the situation you've described is definitely wrong. I'm testing it offline as I do my own drafts in the coming weeks.

Still having desktop issues, after waiting for a 12 team league to not show 16 picks per round, and fighting through some weird snaking issues, thought I was in the clear. Today I discover that when entering keepers, it assigns the player to whatever team originally held the draft pick in that round. We don't have a ton of trades but I did have to manually trade all 2nd round picks in order to get that round in the right order. What a cluster. So much for a timesaver. 

Anyone have an idea how to adjust the EDP settings, if at all possible? Le'Veon Bell's projections are updated to reflect his suspension, yet his EDP still checks in at #7 which doesn't jive with the projections, and in every mock draft I've done he unrealistically goes in the latter half of round one. FBGs own 'Expert' ADP is #22. And you can't manually change a draft pick when doing a mock.  

EDIT -- it seems it's overweighting the unrealistic CBS ADP of #4 for Bell, which is skewing the whole thing.

I apologize in advance if this has been asked in the 11 pages of this thread...

1.  Can anybody point me to where the league/draft files are saved on the PC version of this app?

In the old dominator, I would get my league setup on my workstations, then just email the ddf files to myself, then open them on my laptop.  So basically, my laptop was all ready to go on draft day without ever setting it up or anything.  I'm sure there is a way to do this, but the app version is throwing me off, and I'm not seeing any league files in the installation path.

2.  Is there a way for FBG subscribers to get the iPAD app for free?  Or do we have to pay the additional $5 on top of our subscription.  I would love to use my tablet, however if I'm going to have to pay $5 extra, I guess I'll be drafting from the laptop again.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Quick question, is it possible to use the mobile Ap to do a slow draft and a traditional draft at the same time? Essentially, can you switch back and forth between drafts.  I am starting a slow draft next week and i imagine it will not be done until my other draft starts on Labor Day.

I apologize in advance if this has been asked in the 11 pages of this thread...

1.  Can anybody point me to where the league/draft files are saved on the PC version of this app?

In the old dominator, I would get my league setup on my workstations, then just email the ddf files to myself, then open them on my laptop.  So basically, my laptop was all ready to go on draft day without ever setting it up or anything.  I'm sure there is a way to do this, but the app version is throwing me off, and I'm not seeing any league files in the installation path.

2.  Is there a way for FBG subscribers to get the iPAD app for free?  Or do we have to pay the additional $5 on top of our subscription.  I would love to use my tablet, however if I'm going to have to pay $5 extra, I guess I'll be drafting from the laptop again.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
jumping back in where I can find time...

1) they're stored in a database so this is much harder to do. will find a way to sync them for you next year

2) we're clear around the site that they're sold separately e.g. http://footballguys.com/loginfaq.php

Quick question, is it possible to use the mobile Ap to do a slow draft and a traditional draft at the same time? Essentially, can you switch back and forth between drafts.  I am starting a slow draft next week and i imagine it will not be done until my other draft starts on Labor Day.
think I just replied to you on a support ticket! yes, add new draft, switch between them on list drafts

Forum upgrade in the offseason...

New Draft Dominator...

New MyFBG...

I'm sensing a trend. Can't wait until Lineup Dominator debuts (probably in week 3) and see what happens then.
lineup dominator is actually already included in the new MyFootballguys - it's called the lineup coach. If you have some more constructive feedback for us on that in the other thread, we'd be receptive to that as always.

Anyone have an idea how to adjust the EDP settings, if at all possible? Le'Veon Bell's projections are updated to reflect his suspension, yet his EDP still checks in at #7 which doesn't jive with the projections, and in every mock draft I've done he unrealistically goes in the latter half of round one. FBGs own 'Expert' ADP is #22. And you can't manually change a draft pick when doing a mock.  

EDIT -- it seems it's overweighting the unrealistic CBS ADP of #4 for Bell, which is skewing the whole thing.
CBS is really funky when it comes to ADP; I wish we hadn't included it in the app. They don't update all that often and don't keep different sets for dynasty drafts. If you make sure you're using the "Other" template under basic settings rather than the CBS template, that should help.

Still having desktop issues, after waiting for a 12 team league to not show 16 picks per round, and fighting through some weird snaking issues, thought I was in the clear. Today I discover that when entering keepers, it assigns the player to whatever team originally held the draft pick in that round. We don't have a ton of trades but I did have to manually trade all 2nd round picks in order to get that round in the right order. What a cluster. So much for a timesaver. 
the trade screen shows a message before a draft saying "Pre-draft trades of picks should be entered using a customized draft order on the Teams & Draft Order screen." .

If you enter there, they should be on the right teams.

This will be my first year using Draft Dominator, and after running a few mocks I'm loving how it works.  I do have a feature suggestion (sorry if this isn't the right place for it, please point me in the right direction if not):

I love that the player list has various useful tags (rookie, injured, upside, etc.).  What would be neat is if I could create my own tags and assign them to players as I see fit.  For instance, if I'm a big believer in the "3rd year WR" theory, I could create a "3rd year" tag that I could then manually assign to the WRs that I believe benefit from this theory, and then see them at a glance from the player list, which could be helpful when deciding between a couple similarly ranked players.  Even better would be if there was a list of various icons that I could also choose from for my custom tags.

Other tags that I might use this for would be contract year players, players that just got new contracts, etc.  I know I could just adjust my ranking of these players accordingly, but I don't really want to change how the program ranks the players, I just want to see the information displayed as a reminder.

Thanks for the awesome work, can't wait to use this in my draft this year.

jumping back in where I can find time...

1) they're stored in a database so this is much harder to do. will find a way to sync them for you next year

2) we're clear around the site that they're sold separately e.g. http://footballguys.com/loginfaq.php
Hey Simon, thanks for the reply.  I'm actually quite pleased on #1, as I found out that everything synced up via the cloud to my laptop.

Item #2 is what it is.  I'll just draft from the laptop.  Appreciate the top notch service and great tools/apps!

This will be my first year using Draft Dominator, and after running a few mocks I'm loving how it works.  I do have a feature suggestion (sorry if this isn't the right place for it, please point me in the right direction if not):

I love that the player list has various useful tags (rookie, injured, upside, etc.).  What would be neat is if I could create my own tags and assign them to players as I see fit.  For instance, if I'm a big believer in the "3rd year WR" theory, I could create a "3rd year" tag that I could then manually assign to the WRs that I believe benefit from this theory, and then see them at a glance from the player list, which could be helpful when deciding between a couple similarly ranked players.  Even better would be if there was a list of various icons that I could also choose from for my custom tags.

Other tags that I might use this for would be contract year players, players that just got new contracts, etc.  I know I could just adjust my ranking of these players accordingly, but I don't really want to change how the program ranks the players, I just want to see the information displayed as a reminder.

Thanks for the awesome work, can't wait to use this in my draft this year.
stuck this in our request list!

Hey Simon, thanks for the reply.  I'm actually quite pleased on #1, as I found out that everything synced up via the cloud to my laptop.

Item #2 is what it is.  I'll just draft from the laptop.  Appreciate the top notch service and great tools/apps!
Thanks. On #1 league settings will sync, but individual draft results/picks don't this year. We're hoping to add that next year.

Just bought draft dominator for first time.  It's great.  Good job.

How do I get the lineup coach app mentioned above?

Couple quick questions as I'm getting used to the new app (as opposed to the "classic view").

In the classic app, once your draft was done there was a fun little "strength" part you could look at where it showed the overall rating of the team versus everyone else and also allowed sorting by position. There is still the "rate my team" but that's only sent by email and doesn't show a comparison. I also see you can rate the whole team by lineup, but again the interface is not as user friendly as it once was. Am I just missing it or is that function gone?

Second thing I noticed during my draft was that you can show the rosters of the teams so they can see what positions they have drafted (and I can keep a firm control on roster limits), but when they make their draft pick it stays on them. I'd love to be able to show the rosters of the current drafting team so I wouldn't have to click out, change the team, and click back.

Love the app but it's a big change from the past. Change is all scary and stuff.

Edrondol said:
Couple quick questions as I'm getting used to the new app (as opposed to the "classic view").

In the classic app, once your draft was done there was a fun little "strength" part you could look at where it showed the overall rating of the team versus everyone else and also allowed sorting by position. There is still the "rate my team" but that's only sent by email and doesn't show a comparison. I also see you can rate the whole team by lineup, but again the interface is not as user friendly as it once was. Am I just missing it or is that function gone?

Second thing I noticed during my draft was that you can show the rosters of the teams so they can see what positions they have drafted (and I can keep a firm control on roster limits), but when they make their draft pick it stays on them. I'd love to be able to show the rosters of the current drafting team so I wouldn't have to click out, change the team, and click back.

Love the app but it's a big change from the past. Change is all scary and stuff.
On the list of teams on the Roster tab, hit the Pos tab. that's what you're looking for, right?

Appreciate change is scary; thank you for taking the time to try out the new version and give us your feedback.

On the list of teams on the Roster tab, hit the Pos tab. that's what you're looking for, right?
That just shows a percentage for each position for each team. I know what he was talking about. It used to show a total score for each team. It might have been average points per week. Whatever it was it was useful to see how effective that particular mock was. 

How do we see overall how our team is in relation to the rest of the teams?

Users who are viewing this thread