What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Tyler Higbee, LAR (1 Viewer)

Are people trusting Higbee tonight with Everett back?
I'm out.

It's not that I don't trust Higbee...it's that I don't trust McVay after seeing how he got cute with Gurley's usage earlier in the year.

Plus the SF matchup and on top of that who knows how bad Goff's thumb/finger is hurt.

I had both Higbee and Everett but dropped Everett to pick up Mike Boone this week and I am starting OJ Howard over Higbee.  I don't like the Rams matchup this week, Goff's sore thumb, and there are a lot of mouthes to feed especially if both TEs play.

Long term, I think Higbee has earned a starting gig given how consistent he has been both catching and blocking although Everett may have a higher ceiling as a receiver.

Guy has 3 straight 20 plus point games. I understand Everett and all, but he’s been rolling, plus everyone hates him this week so there’s that. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the weather concern anyone. I know it’s rainy. Can anyone say how bad it is. I’d bench him because of the weather.

Just saw it looks pretty clear.  I'm playing Higbee.  Original plan was to stream Hollister, but Higbee has earned my trust.

Really hate Everett being back couldn't sit out 1 more game..........Higbee has done all his damage against 3 teams that are terrible vs the TE.

SF is one of the best vs TE's so this makes me very nervous.  I have to decide between Mostert, Higbee or Hollister for 1 spot in a 1.5 TE PPR.

Wanted to go with Higbee but the combo of Everett back and the tough passing DF makes me lean Mostert as he is now the lead back and Rams have been getting shredded by backs but with Shanny there it also makes me nervous if Mostert fumbles once he could be done.

Hollister with a dream match up but Luke Willson is back and Hollister hasn't done much lately.

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG my head has been spinning all week on this decision.

Looks like I made a mistake going Mostert over Hibgee........didn't see Everett and Higbee was out there every play I think.  20 yard catch too.

Charch with the "Mostert is an A Grade....Higbee a C grade"

Thanks

Jesus, you play like eight million teams, per self-declaration, and all you do is whine about experts on the boards. 

Mostert, touch. 

There ya go.  

Jesus, you play like eight million teams, per self-declaration, and all you do is whine about experts on the boards. 

Mostert, touch. 

There ya go.  
113 to be exact but dynasty leagues mean a lot more to me than National redraft leagues unless I have a shot at the 250K.

Even though most of my 9 dynasty leagues pay very little they mean everything to me I live and die with them so ya I am emotional put a lot into this game and still I made a terrible decision Higbee is going ham.  I wish I had known Everett wasn't even going to play.

Great, he’s hurt. Made the bold call, was paying off in spades, and he hurt his hand.

FML, Watson already bent me over. Just not my week :kicksrock:

113 to be exact but dynasty leagues mean a lot more to me than National redraft leagues unless I have a shot at the 250K.

Even though most of my 9 dynasty leagues pay very little they mean everything to me I live and die with them so ya I am emotional put a lot into this game and still I made a terrible decision Higbee is going ham.  I wish I had known Everett wasn't even going to play.
113? Geez Dez. Make some time for the kids (I kid). Word, I'm cheering and watching for Mostert for ya. I got no skin in the game. 

I thought Higbee re-upped this past off-season.
They did...

A day after locking up franchise quarterback Jared Goff to a $134 million megadeal, Los Angeles announced it has signed tight end Tyler Higbee to a four-year extension that will take him through the 2023 season.

The fourth-year tight end is now set to earn $31.025 million in base pay with a max value of more than $36 million and a guarantee of $15.5 million, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per sources.

Tyler Higbee caught 9-of-11 targets for 104 yards in the Rams' Week 16 loss to the 49ers.

Higbee totaled 212 yards in Weeks 1 through 12 but has since posted four-straight 100-yard games. Tonight's was especially incredible because former starter TE Gerald Everett was healthy and active. Higbee has flashed a ton of playmaking ability and can even get his hands dirty as an occasional run-blocker, so expect the Rams to use Higbee as the No. 1 tight end with Everett sliding into two-TE sets to close out the season. Higbee has a shot for his fifth-straight triple-digit game against the "flowchart" Arizona Cardinals' defense.

<————— did not bench the guy coming off 3 straight 100 yard games, and the fact that everyone hated him clinched it for me.

Perriman and Higbee helped me out from the Watson disaster. Still an underdog after he completely shafted me, but if all my guys play like those 2 and I can get a few TDs, I’m still play.

They did...

A day after locking up franchise quarterback Jared Goff to a $134 million megadeal, Los Angeles announced it has signed tight end Tyler Higbee to a four-year extension that will take him through the 2023 season.

The fourth-year tight end is now set to earn $31.025 million in base pay with a max value of more than $36 million and a guarantee of $15.5 million, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per sources.
Ok good.  I had looked at rotoworld and it shows he was a free agent.  Guess they just haven't updated it yet.  

So after the strong finish to the year where is he in the TE ranks for next year?
I would put him right around TE7 next year--just below Kittle and Hooper.  It just seems like he has locked down this starting role and he has been very consistent since doing so.  Goff needs him and has a good connection with him.

Over the past four weeks he has average 21.2 points/game in ppr.

Yeah I think he's here to stay in this offense. Everett looked promising for a minute, but he never saw the volume or racked up the yardage that Higbee has. The connection between Goff and Higbee seems very strong. Obviously Higbee won't see ~10 targets weekly over the course of an entire season, but I think he has a legitimate chance at 1,000 yards in 2020. 

I have painstakingly verified that 0 of 23 sampled owners believed what they saw Higbee do.  

I also saw him go in the range of the 2020 1.11 in two two copy startup leagues (so four times).  This is around the price that was mocked by the 23 owners. 

Seems like a polarizing player. 

I’m going hard after Higbee. I just acquired Andrews and looked to build on my goal to stock my team with players who can carry value longer than running backs who have strong value during their rookie contracts.

Tex

I have painstakingly verified that 0 of 23 sampled owners believed what they saw Higbee do.  

I also saw him go in the range of the 2020 1.11 in two two copy startup leagues (so four times).  This is around the price that was mocked by the 23 owners. 

Higbee and Everett are a formidable duo in L.A., IMO. That should be apparent to anyone looking at their numbers last year, including Everett's when Higbee was out. 

As an owner I am torn. I'd like to see Cooks get traded after the draft before I am confident having Higbee as my starter. I think Reynolds would not pull as many targets as Cooks in the WR3 role. 

I think Reynolds would not pull as many targets as Cooks in the WR3 role. 
I think you're right. I had a chance to bid on Reynolds in an off-season auction and passed on bidding 1/3 of my budget (it's a very deep dynasty league) because somebody here also brought up that the loss of Cooks might not mean those opportunities go to Reynolds, but the TEs, both in single and double TE personnel packages. Someone had noted that there is the possibility of an uptick in 2 TE sets if Cooks gets dealt, so I looked at snap counts from when Cooks was injured and sidelined with a concussion last year and found that Reynolds did step right in and take Cooks's snaps, but not his 2018 target share. So there's that. Just FYI. 

I think you're right. I had a chance to bid on Reynolds in an off-season auction and passed on bidding 1/3 of my budget (it's a very deep dynasty league) because somebody here also brought up that the loss of Cooks might not mean those opportunities go to Reynolds, but the TEs, both in single and double TE personnel packages. Someone had noted that there is the possibility of an uptick in 2 TE sets if Cooks gets dealt, so I looked at snap counts from when Cooks was injured and sidelined with a concussion last year and found that Reynolds did step right in and take Cooks's snaps, but not his 2018 target share. So there's that. Just FYI. 
Yeah, I remember seeing something similar on Reynolds playing a lot when Cooks was out. I don't recall if both TEs were healthy at that time. Everett and Higbee both kind of took turns being out throughout the season. 

I'd also be curious to see if last years RB targets are the new norm for the Rams. They were in the 90s in McVay's 1st 2 years, and dropped to 60 RB targets last year. If they want to use Henderson like they previously used Gurley, that could be more bad news for the pass catchers. I'm inclined to think last year's trend continues, but haven't really looked into it. 

Weird I wasn't involved. Call it 1 out of 24.

barackdhouse said:
Weird I wasn't involved. Call it 1 out of 24.
I meant I tried trading him for a late 2020 1st or equivalent value and got no interest 😁. I guess only 22 owner because the owner of the 2nd copy can't have both. 

Since this relates to Higbee I would say if  I had to pick one NFL player most likely to be traded from now till draft night I would choose Everett.  They value him for sure and need a second TE but the reasons I think he is dealt are several.

He's in last year of his deal, they are cash strapped and re-signing him seems formidable meanwhile Higbee is locked on what now looks like fairly good contract for the team. A  lot of teams could use immediate TE help. Combine that with this class looks weak at TE and it's a tough position in a normal year to adapt to but in a year with likely zero offseason team work and it sure seems like an ideal market to get a good return on him.  Team has a lot of needs and low on cap space, cheapest labor is draft labor.

The main reason I could see them not dealing him is a team just does not want to give up much for a one year rental and Rams figure they'd just likely get a compensatory pick in 2022. And they value him.

To me the reasons for trading him outweigh the reasons not to which is why I think he's likely to get dealt.

Users who are viewing this thread