Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pghrob

Dynasty Watch - Tyler Higbee, Tight End, L.A. Rams

4 hours ago, Milkman said:

I'm buying but not sure owners are selling. 

I've got him and I"m not openly selling.  The only threat I see is that Everett somehow makes a huge leap but it seemed like Higbee solidified his role as the TE1 on that team. I don't see his targets decreasing, but increasing.

What kinds of players would you offer as comparable value?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, az_prof said:

I've got him and I"m not openly selling.  The only threat I see is that Everett somehow makes a huge leap but it seemed like Higbee solidified his role as the TE1 on that team. I don't see his targets decreasing, but increasing.

I offered Jarwin and the 2.07 and was politely declined. I'm higher on Jarwin than most though. Just think Higbee is a top 5 TE this year and nobody really values him like that. 

Edited by Milkman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Milkman said:

I offered Jarwin and the 2.07 and was politely declined. I'm higher on Jarwin than most though. Just think Higbee is a top 5 TE this year and nobody really values him like that. 

I would probably decline too but I"m not high on Jarwin. If I could have gotten a 2.02 or maybe 2.03 depending on who fell, I would have dealt him.

• Like 1

In the two leagues I own him I’ve really only gotten low ball offers so he’ll likely be a guy I just hold on to this season 

On 5/28/2020 at 6:16 PM, az_prof said:

This is a valid concern.  Higbee had two seasons in 2019:

1) one BEFORE Everett went down in Week 11 (ZERO games with 5 or more catches, ZERO games with 50+ yards receiving, 1 TD), and

2) one AFTER Everett went down, Weeks 12 - 17 (ALL 6 games with 5+ catches, 5 of 6 games with 50+ yards receiving, 2 TDs).

Opportunity really is everything, but if Everett is healthy this season (and you hate to bank on injuries), I don't really understand the hype for Higbee.  Everett's stats heads-up with Higbee's (prior to Week 11) were marginally better than Higbee's.

My sense is that the Rams offense can support ONE really productive TE.  The problem is that they currently employ two.  I wouldn't expend significant draft capital on either of them (short of injury clarifying the depth chart).

2 hours ago, pinequick said:

This is a valid concern.  Higbee had two seasons in 2019:

1) one BEFORE Everett went down in Week 11 (ZERO games with 5 or more catches, ZERO games with 50+ yards receiving, 1 TD), and

2) one AFTER Everett went down, Weeks 12 - 17 (ALL 6 games with 5+ catches, 5 of 6 games with 50+ yards receiving, 2 TDs).

Opportunity really is everything, but if Everett is healthy this season (and you hate to bank on injuries), I don't really understand the hype for Higbee.  Everett's stats heads-up with Higbee's (prior to Week 11) were marginally better than Higbee's.

My sense is that the Rams offense can support ONE really productive TE.  The problem is that they currently employ two.  I wouldn't expend significant draft capital on either of them (short of injury clarifying the depth chart).

Obviously there is a threat from Everett but on the other hand there are signs pointing in Higbee's direction.

1) Rams signed him to a 31 Million four year deal in September of 2019; Everett is playing on the last year of his rookie contract and hasn't been extended.

2) Higbee took advantage of his opportunity when Everett went down and had more receiving yards than any receiver in the NFL during those five weeks.

That being said, with Brandon Cooks out of town I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of two TE sets in 2020 and both Higbee and Everett will be fantasy worthy. From a dynasty perspective, I like the fact that Higbee has contract stability in an offense that passes a lot and uses the TE.

I like him but I’m seeing a very deep TE pool. So many could be good. I like Jarwin almost as much. The TEs after the first two tiers and frankly some of them could all be 2019 Hooper, or 2018 Hooper or etc etc. I’d rather pick up all the ones I can get cheaper. Higbee is a hot name right now. He’s a sell for me. 

15 minutes ago, Faust said:

This is pretty compelling.

"Understand that four straight 100-yard games is a fairly rare feat. Only three players did it last year — Higbee, Michael Thomas (five games) and Cooper Kupp. And only four tight ends have pulled it off since the merger — Tony Gonzalez, Jimmy Graham (twice), Travis Kelce and Higbee. Look at the full list of 4/100 guys post-merger; almost everyone is at least Hall of Very Good, and there are plenty of Hall of Famers on the list."

I am set with Kelce and Higbee at TE. In dynasty, may try and deal Kelce while value is there but at age 30 that tipping point is very close.