What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

salary cap IDP sleepers - players out most/all of last year (1 Viewer)

Nathan R. Jessep

Footballguy
Didn't see a "returning from injury" thread for this year, so throwing one out here again, like I did last year as it was very helpful..

I'm in a couple of brutal salary cap league where salaries are based on last year's stats and need some sleepers that I can pick up on the cheap. I.e. players who got hurt early or mid-season, and should be back in full force this year. 

Who ya got??

2017 discussion begins here

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are a few guys for various reasons that underperformed last year:

• Mario Williams was terrible last year but is in a new home with something to prove. 
  • Sheldon Richardson missed 4 games due to suspension last year and he is missing one this year but he might be cheap based on last years stats.
  • Dante Fowler - missed all of last year with ACL. Not sure how he will do but Jax should be much improved.
  • Cameron Wake if you believe he can come back from Achilles.  I am not a buyer but he should be cheap.
  • Jamie Collins only played 12 games last year so his stats from last year might make him a bargain.
  • Alec Ogletree - I would target him as he only played 4 games and should be back healthy.  A great bargain.
  • Ryan Shazier - if you think he can stay healthy finally.  He played 12 games last year so value might be there.
  • DeAndre Levy - Huge upside and should be cheap based on your format
  • Morgan Burnett - he only played 11 games
  • Harrison Smith - had an off year last year and only played 13 games.  He might be a bargain

Senquez Golson - for CB required leagues. Missed the whole year and could be a starter this year. Situation at least bears watching.

His game stats show 15 games last year. I know he came in for Mathis about halfway through the season. Might still be a decent value, if he can hold on to the starting spot this year. 

Thanks, Joe.

--got all to this point indexed in the OP
Forgot you only wanted injury sleepers.

Here are a few that come to mind:

• Eddie Goldman (DT):  When on the field he was outstanding - especially for DT required leagues.  He has had trouble staying on the field so he may be under the radar for most leagues.
  • Sheldon Rankins (DT):  Started last season on the PUP and missed most of the first half of season.  Showed well as the season went on.  Another great option for DT required leagues.
  • Navarro Bowman:  Coming off an Achilles isn't ideal but many may be staying away from him due to the major injuries recently.  If the price is right might be a nice gamble
  • Derrick Johnson:  Similar to Bowman as he is coming off another major injury.  He did well last year off the 1st Achilles injury but does he have enough in the tank to do it again? 
  • Vontaze Burfict:  Only played 11 games last year but studly when in.  Many may shy away due to injury history so you may be able to get later.
  • Danny Trevathan:  Patellar injury last year and may not be ready for camp.  Could be a late target to hold for end of season production if he can come back into playing shape.
  • JPP:  Had 7 sacks in 12 games before sports hernia surgery.  If people are just looking at sack totals he may be a bit down the list. 

Jon Bostic seems to have made the most of his move over to IND.  He ran with the first team at ILB in OTAs and by all accounts so far seems to be holding strong at that spot next to Morrison in TC so far.  Bostic could be the guy to stay on the field for 3 downs since Morrison is such a huge liability in coverage.

He's still dirt cheap in FF right now.  If he doesn't hold the spot you don't stand to lose much, but if he does he could be a decent LB3 with some upside.

Last edited by a moderator:
Took a shot on Bostic in the last round of my tackle heavy league draft last night.  All indications through preseason is he's three down MLB and wearing the green dot.   That defense is going to be on the field ALOT and somebody has to make tackles. Can't wait to see how things shake out the first few weeks 

Took a shot on Bostic in the last round of my tackle heavy league draft last night.  All indications through preseason is he's three down MLB and wearing the green dot.   That defense is going to be on the field ALOT and somebody has to make tackles. Can't wait to see how things shake out the first few weeks 
I am in a 12 team redraft where we start all IDP (3LB, 2 DE, 2 DT, 2 CB, 2 S) and drafted him in the last round

Users who are viewing this thread