What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 Open Championship: Swede escapes (1 Viewer)

GOB

Footballguy
I didn't see a thread.

Low scores out there.

Give me Rose or Scott.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched the opening group tee off at approx. 12:30 AM CST.   From the scores the back nine is brutal!    Hoping for wind & rain.   Makes me feel better when a pro takes a triple.

I've got Scott picked in a $ contest, so that's my horse this week. Looking forward to early morning golf this weekend. 

Only 2 over but to me that's a really disappointing round for Day.  I thought he'd overpower those early holes. Not sure he'll get better scoring conditions the rest of the week.

Am I the only one that can't believe this is on the ####### golf channel.

why are they ruining all the majors?

Rain has a minimal affect...Euros are used to it, but it may help Americans more...but the wind about to pick up will cause major issues for the back half.

Sounds like the rain may die off, but the winds are picking up now.  Going to be much harder for guys teeing off now than the early starters -- moreso if it dries out at all.

I think I've seen this henrik stenson movie before.

In prime shape to be in the final group of a major only to fall off the pace on the last 9 and have to look on as a champion is crowned.

This is kind of fun...

Tom Morris, Sr. (Old Tom Morris) won the last of his four Opens in 1867 and was runner-up in 1868 to his son Tom Morris, Jr. (Young Tom Morris) who won four at ages 17-21.

Wat? Isnt the first major to ever show the first day? How is that ruining it? 
Every first round is televised. NBC owns Golf Channel and this is their first British Open and only Major at the moment, so promoting Golf Channel is a no-brainer. There is more live coverage of this Open than any Major ever, so seems like a good deal to me. It's a good time to buy the Golf Channel. 

Ok? Up until this year, 100% of people didn't see it. How is that ruining it? 
Cool. I'm okay disagreeing. If you think less access is a good thing, I am fine with that. Not here to argue with you. For me, less access to the majors sucks. :thumbup:

Cool. I'm okay disagreeing. If you think less access is a good thing, I am fine with that. Not here to argue with you. For me, less access to the majors sucks. :thumbup:
I have no idea what you are talking about? Im not trying to argue, but we arent on the same page for sure:

Viewers will be treated to record coverage -- nearly 50 hours of live golf on NBC and its partner, the Golf Channel (which will be broadcasting its first men's major), plus more than 60 hours of wraparound news coverage on Golf Channel.

I get what you are saying about not everyone having the golf channel, but we arent seeing anything less on broadcast tv than we have in the past. This is more like bonus coverage. 

Every first round is televised. NBC owns Golf Channel and this is their first British Open and only Major at the moment, so promoting Golf Channel is a no-brainer. There is more live coverage of this Open than any Major ever, so seems like a good deal to me. It's a good time to buy the Golf Channel. 
From SB Nation:

There has never been a major championship broadcast from the very first tee shot until the finish on Sunday afternoon, until this year. Golf Channel and NBC are making their Open Championship debut this week at Royal Troon, and it's the first time ever at a major for Golf Channel. Because it's, well, the golf channel, this is pretty much their entire week, so they opted to go live right from the very start.

Plenty going low now on the first 6-7 holes...but that's the easiest part of the course...the back will be fun.

From SB Nation:

There has never been a major championship broadcast from the very first tee shot until the finish on Sunday afternoon, until this year. Golf Channel and NBC are making their Open Championship debut this week at Royal Troon, and it's the first time ever at a major for Golf Channel. Because it's, well, the golf channel, this is pretty much their entire week, so they opted to go live right from the very start.
That's obviously true, but that doesn't mean there hasn't been first round coverage. The first round of every Major has been covered extensively (Masters excepted), just not from the first shot in the morning. Usually the early non-televised groups are inconsequential by design.

Users who are viewing this thread