What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

3 Baton Rouge police confirmed dead in shooting (1 Viewer)

These morons that kill cops should understand they're just hurting their cause and the policing will become MORE aggressive, not LESS aggressive with acts like this happening. Hope they rot in hell!

Unfortunately, they're (perpetrators & those that support these acts) way too stupid to understand a simple cause and effect.

RIP to the officers, T&P to their families.

Last edited by a moderator:
These morons that kill cops should understand they're just hurting their cause and the policing will become MORE aggressive, not LESS aggressive with acts like this happening. Hope they rot in hell!

RIP to the officers, T&P to their families.
Yeah, just so stupid, counterproductive and disgusting.

RIP to the officers 

I know it was just a movie but I can't help think of Samuel L Jackson in Die Hard with a Vengeance.

"I stopped a white cop from getting killed in Harlem. One white cop gets killed today, tomorrow, we've got a thousand white cops. All of them with itchy trigger fingers. Got it?"

Seems to be the part these guys don't get.

This is the main station in BR - WBRZ:

http://www.wbrz.com/news/officers-shot-in-area-around-brpd-hq-sunday

Officers shot in area around BRPD HQ Sunday

BATON ROUGE - Police have closed streets between Baton Rouge Police Headquarters and I-12 where law enforcement officers have been shot.

A witness told WBRZ News 2, a man was dressed in black with his face covered shooting indiscriminately when he walked out between a convenience store and car wash across from Hammond Air Plaza.  Shots were fired around 9 a.m. Sunday. 

A very large manhunt began immediately. 

There is limited information available.  A police spokesperson was not ready to release specifics.

Check back for updates.

Follow the publisher of this post on Twitter: @treyschmaltz

I know it was just a movie but I can't help think of Samuel L Jackson in Die Hard with a Vengeance.

"I stopped a white cop from getting killed in Harlem. One white cop gets killed today, tomorrow, we've got a thousand white cops. All of them with itchy trigger fingers. Got it?"

Seems to be the part these guys don't get.
It works both ways unfortunately. Violence begets more violence which is evident in the world each day. 

I don't know where this may come off to some, but I am really upset with Southern University. They put together this huge funeral with speakers like Jessie Jackson for a convicted felon. Many people gather for the funeral in a location preaching anger and hatred while grieving.

This is obsured.

Not sure if this can be defined as an attack on police officers, the same way the shooter in Dallas did. While that may turn out to be the case, early reports are that there was a man (unknown race) was walking down the street with an assault rifle. When police (unknown race) arrived, the man opened fire. This could be another example of a mentally ill person snapping. 

Not sure if this can be defined as an attack on police officers, the same way the shooter in Dallas did. While that may turn out to be the case, early reports are that there was a man (unknown race) was walking down the street with an assault rifle. When police (unknown race) arrived, the man opened fire. This could be another example of a mentally ill person snapping. 
Was also thinking that just because it's (a) in Baton Rouge and (b) police getting shot ... it might not necessarily be connected to Sterling at all. Too early to know for sure either way.

SaintsInDome2006, I saw you edited your post upthread -- it read like the shooter(s) was/were already apprehended, so your edit was a good one.

Was also thinking that just because it's (a) in Baton Rouge and (b) police getting shot ... it might not necessarily be connected to Sterling at all. Too early to know for sure either way.

SaintsInDome2006, I saw you edited your post upthread -- it read like the shooter(s) was/were already apprehended, so your edit was a good one.
Right, thanks, it was an earlier report from last week. If I find the link I will post it properly.

Doesn't appear that way.

Horrible.  So sad to see this kind of thing happen.  I wonder what brought so many officers together at the same time.  Unusual to have guys on the beat congregated like that.

Horrible.  So sad to see this kind of thing happen.  I wonder what brought so many officers together at the same time.  Unusual to have guys on the beat congregated like that.
It was in front of the police station where there have been protest ongoing for over a week.

(CNN)WHAT WE KNOW SO FAR

-- A man with a gun opened fire on officers

-- At least seven are shot

-- At least three of the officers shot are feared dead

-- The situation is contained

-- Remaining shooting victims are in critical condition

If we only had a black president who could bridge the racial divide with a MLK type leadership.   Not saying Obama bears blame, but the hope he promised seems to have gone the opposite direction. Really sad for everyone.  

Was wondering how it could be an ambush if they were responding to "shots fired".  Almost had to be more than one.
saw an early social media post (not long after the report first hit the news sites) by someone who claimed to be on the scene saying that there were at least 2 shooters, one of which was already down, but haven't seen that from a reputable source yet

I know the area at Airline there is a police station where the protest have been. Airline is huge however. I hear the police were called to a shopping center for shots fired and they were fired upon. 

If we only had a black president who could bridge the racial divide with a MLK type leadership.   Not saying Obama bears blame, but the hope he promised seems to have gone the opposite direction. Really sad for everyone.  
In my opinion, Obama is not taking a strong enough stand against violence.

to think the BR police already broke up one conspiracy to obtain guns and kill cops this week, and now this....  hell in a hand basket folks. 

Take this unconfirmed item from the Reddit live thread for what it's worth:

Eye witness reports this was not a planned attack on police. Started as shoot out between civilians and police intervened. One of the original belligerent was reported to be carrying an assault rifle.

This happened minutes ago and already you're using this for political points? Don't do that again if / when you come back next month.

Everyone else, please no jokes or political point scoring in this one. 

J

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure I have ever seen a spelling butchered worse.
I did fail 4th grade spelling. But thanks for pointing this out to me. The thread can rest easy now that you made a point to address this issue. Thank you. 

Users who are viewing this thread