What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bacon on pizza (1 Viewer)

AnonymousBob

Footballguy
I can't believe I've never tried this before. I've been living in the dark ages but welcome enlightenment. It's amazing. So, so amazing.

As long as it is real bacon, not that Canadian stuff (with pineapple - gross)

I can't believe I've never tried this before. I've been living in the dark ages but welcome enlightenment. It's amazing. So, so amazing.
Bacon makes ANY meal better.  The only thing better than bacon on top of [enter food name here] is bacon on top of MORE BACON!

As long as it is real bacon, not that Canadian stuff (with pineapple - gross)
That stuff is disgusting. Thinking it was part of my misguided reluctance. 

I'm going to try sun dried tomatoes on the pizza next time.

Last edited by a moderator:
That stuff is disgusting. Thinking it was part of my misguided reluctance. 

I'm going to try sun dried tomatoes on the pizza next time.

Roast a head of garlic and throw that on there with the sun-dried tomatoes and bacon next time.

ETA:  Favorite is bacon, thinly sliced artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes and roasted garlic cloves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything always comes back to Bacon...

Exercise...

...ex...er...cise...

ex...ar...size...

eggs...are...sides

...for bacon...

Bacon

See, all things lead to BACON.

While it is true that Bacon makes anything better, I find its not the best of toppings for a traditions (re: good) pie. 

That said, extra bacon can make a dominos or other such crap quite delish m for what it is

Roast a head of garlic and throw that on there with the sun-dried tomatoes and bacon next time.

ETA:  Favorite is bacon, thinly sliced artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes and roasted garlic cloves.
Olive oil/garlic on the dough, little crushed red, cooked bacon, black olives, clams then mozz on top = the best 

The bacon at any of the fast food joints is pretty rank. Most of the actual bacon I will consume is pretty expensive and sits in Whole Foods or something comparable. It's gotta be thick and not overly salty. I can't imagine taking that and just slapping on mozzarella for kicks. 

The reason any of these meats taste good on pizza is typically lack of flavor on the rest of the pie but that's my opinion.  

The bacon at any of the fast food joints is pretty rank. Most of the actual bacon I will consume is pretty expensive and sits in Whole Foods or something comparable. It's gotta be thick and not overly salty. I can't imagine taking that and just slapping on mozzarella for kicks. 

The reason any of these meats taste good on pizza is typically lack of flavor on the rest of the pie but that's my opinion.  
Will be sure to start asking my pizza guy to swing by Whole Foods before cooking. 

A few years back we did a family brunch at Granite City location. Unraveled their cinnamon roll, inserted bacon strip and rolled it back up.  :thumbup:

Yes - me too, good call on removing the chicken and wing sauce.  Chicken doesn't belong on pizza - AND it gets dried out anyway.  Awful
BBQ Chix is quite popular and can also have bacon added. 

Of any of the fast food pizza joints I have found Jet Pizza and specifically the 8 corner pan pizza pretty good if you are gonna go nuclear with the toppings. I prefer a mom n pop joint, we have a couple that are terrific in my neighborhood, probably the same for many of you. I would rather not order from the Big 3. 

I've been trying to think of a food that bacon would ruin, and I finally came up with one: bacon wrapped scallops. The bacon just overwhelms the scallop taste. Both great separatrely, but together not so much.

Since this is more of a favorite pizza now...

pepperoni, Italian sausage, mushrooms, spinach, and sun dried tomatoes. 

Bacon snobbery?  Now I've seen it all.

Users who are viewing this thread