What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why don't you have an EZ Pass? (1 Viewer)

EZ Pass (or your local equivalent)

• Total voters

fantasycurse42

Footballguy Jr.
Was on a bridge earlier today that was so backed up due to such long lines in the cash lanes. Why wouldn't someone have an EZ Pass (or whatever it is called by you)? 

Can someone explain to me their reason for not having one of these?

Florida Sun Pass

Turnpike awesome, fast lanes when I-95 congested South FL

No stopping at toll booth, maintain speed mostly, love it. 

10-15 years? They have been around a long time I think. Can't remember any in California though.

Only one toll road (I-80) running through NE Ohio.  There always seems to be other, more convenient routes to get to the places I typically go.

Was on a bridge earlier today that was so backed up due to such long lines in the cash lanes. Why wouldn't someone have an EZ Pass (or whatever it is called by you)? 

I found out the hard way last December when my wife decided to use the i-pass lanes without an i-pass on her way thru Illinois.  4 months later I get a bill for about $450 dollars for a fine that normally costs, what, $20 or $30.  And you literally have no recourse with the Illinois DOT and their outlandish fees.  I don't normally compare anyone to Nazi's, but they are pretty close.

Of course, it didn't help that I was from WI either.

Not many toll roads here.

I hit one toll in Illinois 4 times a year max.  Then the florida toll every few years if we go to Disney 

I found out the hard way last December when my wife decided to use the i-pass lanes without an i-pass on her way thru Illinois.  4 months later I get a bill for about $450 dollars for a fine that normally costs, what, $20 or $30.  And you literally have no recourse with the Illinois DOT and their outlandish fees.  I don't normally compare anyone to Nazi's, but they are pretty close.

I hate Illinois Nazis.....

Had one when we lived in Kansas and we actually had a toll road. 

But since we left, I've been on two toll roads. In the last decade. 

You didn't ask but I like the concept of toll roads. Most of the time when you can pass the cost of something to the actual user, it's a good thing. 

Last edited by a moderator:

In Illinois you have a seven day grace to pay tolls (and you can pay online). That might be a little more reasonable than Hitler would allow.

Edit: But, thank you! We need the money.

Because I don't yet live in a location where the government has abdicated their basic responsibility to provide roads?

Down here in North Dallas they eliminated toll booths a while back. If you don't have a TollTag, your license plate gets scanned and a bill mailed to you. Tolls are 50% higher for the license plate picture/bill mailing vs. having a TollTag.

I don't because I haven't been on a toll in over 10 years.  But if I was regularly, I'd have one.

Must have in DC metro area
:confused:

I've never had one. Rarely ever use a toll road. In about 5 years when 66 has been transformed with HOT lanes, I'll likely get one. But, no reason to have one until then. And when I get one, I'll likely only use the free HOV option.

High speed EZ Pass scanners are being installed on the Mass. Pike as we speak. The places I have seen them already -- the Garden State Parkway and I-93 in New Hampshire -- and much better since they've gotten rid of the toll booths altogether. I just hope they reconfigure the roads where the toll booths are when they finally dismantle them, or the same "seven-lanes-down-to-three" bottlenecks will be happening anyway.

I had a former co-worker who refused to get one for "Big Brother" reasons. I guess there are a lot of people out there who think the same way.

Worse than Nazis, IMO.

Only one toll road (I-80) running through NE Ohio.  There always seems to be other, more convenient routes to get to the places I typically go.
 Given its route I think the state created it to pass the costs along to those out-of-state and just passing through. 

It's like $5 at Publix.

And the SunPass website is fairly straightforward when setting it up and funding it.
Yeah, I know. But I don't use it locally. Only used it in Tampa or Miami areas.

They're adding express lanes here to 295 but I don't take that on a daily basis.

uh, we don't all live in jersey?
"Or your local equivalent"

I rarely use toll roads
You only pay when it is used, no reason to not have one in the car.

It's called SunPass down here by me, buddy.

That's why I don't have EZ Pass.
"Or your local equivalent"

We travel north an average of once a year but still maintain an EZ Pass account.
Smart man

Down here in North Dallas they eliminated toll booths a while back. If you don't have a TollTag, your license plate gets scanned and a bill mailed to you. Tolls are 50% higher for the license plate picture/bill mailing vs. having a TollTag.
Brilliant, a tax on the stupid and lazy... Love this.

I guess they are building toll "lanes" in Charlotte area because #######s like Thom Tillis exists, but I will never live in those areas. 

So local governments are building stadiums for billionaires but can't build ####### roads?  That #### is ridiculous

There aren't toll roads here b.

I knew a guy who had an ez pass in college. Busted it out during a road trip, I asked him why he had one, he happened to be from jersey and explained that it's useful if you live in a city with a lot of tolls. I dig it.

Florida will be taking EZ Pass soon. Iirc, by winter. Really stupid they were late on that considering how many people in the DC>Boston corridor go down there.

Agree slowing down on PA Turnpike is dumb. Though makes full speed toll roads all the more gratifying. Especially when work is paying for it.

And yeah, anybody who lives within a few hours of the coast between Richmond and Boston should have an EZ Pass. I guess unless youre like Poot and Bodie and never leave West Baltimore.

In Illinois you have a seven day grace to pay tolls (and you can pay online). That might be a little more reasonable than Hitler would allow.

Edit: But, thank you! We need the money.
Well, yeah, but to jump from like $30 to $450 is absolutely ridiculous.  It's highway robbery by the guys who are supposed to protect you against highway robbery.  I can't help it IL lawmakers don't know what a budget is (and are on the verge of bankruptcy) like we do here in WI but JHC.

And yeah, i'm sure "he's from WI so #### 'em" was probably said multiple times by you Illinois bastards. :)

I'm going to absolutely relish when GB destroys the Bears both times they play them this year.

Users who are viewing this thread