Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
renesauz

2016 IBL

2-5 for the week.  Smith. Dorsett, and Julio put up 13 points.

Team Ref is toast for a shot at the championship.

12 hours ago, Sinrman said:

Where again is the link to see ALL of your weekly matchups?

The blue phone in the upper left corner.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sweet Love said:

Will end up with at least 4, maybe 5 wins (guy has Benjamin down 18).  Lost one by .4 points.  I now have a cluster of WRs (Robinson, Crabtree, Matthews, Maclin, Benjamin, Enuwu, Hogan).  All of them are startable, plus I have Ben at QB, and Elliott, Mathews, Anderson and Yeldon at RB.  TE is a little weak with Jimmy Graham and Jesse James (though both are "fine").  Do I tinker with this our ride it out based on injury, byes, etc.?

ETA:  For example, a guy like Chalupa Batman has Bell, and is in last place for his board.  Do I move a combo like Anderson and Maclin for Bell?  No clue if he would take it, but I have been thinking of packaging one of the WRs and Anderson (specifically) for a Bell or Gurley.  Not sure if people would do it, but it does give a crummy team two bona fide starters.

Personally I would, but that's coming from someone in the waterboy tier.

10 hours ago, renesauz said:

Click on my team and you can see who you're playing (schedule to the right). Then scroll through scoring summaries to find your specific opponents.

So frigging frustrating for me this week. Olsen beasted, and I put up a very very solid 135 points. Just 3 wins. Had opponents score 138, 138, 139 and 140 against me. Insane.

ouch

21 hours ago, Sinrman said:

Where again is the link to see ALL of your weekly matchups?

I use the light blue phone Icon on the top left, as it is more (my) phone friendly.

sounds like Watkins won't need surgery, so he should be back in time for playoffs. no way he's droppable.

my team only went 2-5 last week. so many disappointing games. thought I was headed for a big week after david johnson went off.

Trade Proposal

Xtreme (SleeperU) proposed a trade with Ruffrodys (FBG):

Xtreme (SleeperU) will give
Rainey, Bobby NYG RB
Cruz, Victor NYG WR

To Ruffrodys (FBG) for
Hurns, Allen JAC WR

I don't have any interest in this deal. Thought I'd get the team's opinion.

Why would anyone care about Hurns? Not  a big fan of the offer because it's two deep roster guys for one deep roster guys...unless you have an even worse deep roster guy to drop the second player is meaningless.

I got an interesting offer out of the blue that has me hesitating. Have been pretty happy that my (very high) investment in Zeke appears to be paying off. Someone offered me Melvin Gordon and Sterling Sheperd for him. Feels like a good offer, but not so sure that Sheperd offers any real upgrade for me at WR (have Maclin, Jackson, Enunwa, Austin, Wallace, Lockett, and Michael Thomas plus a couple lower guys now). I suppose he'd become a common WR3 for me, but is it worth it? I TRUST Zeke a hell of a lot more than GOrdon.

3 hours ago, renesauz said:

Why would anyone care about Hurns? Not  a big fan of the offer because it's two deep roster guys for one deep roster guys...unless you have an even worse deep roster guy to drop the second player is meaningless.

I got an interesting offer out of the blue that has me hesitating. Have been pretty happy that my (very high) investment in Zeke appears to be paying off. Someone offered me Melvin Gordon and Sterling Sheperd for him. Feels like a good offer, but not so sure that Sheperd offers any real upgrade for me at WR (have Maclin, Jackson, Enunwa, Austin, Wallace, Lockett, and Michael Thomas plus a couple lower guys now). I suppose he'd become a common WR3 for me, but is it worth it? I TRUST Zeke a hell of a lot more than GOrdon.

We've had numerous offers that look better for us on paper but would net us less weekly points.  No reason to build bench strength you can't play.  Wish they would add another flex next year.

3 hours ago, renesauz said:

Funny you mention this.  FBG has Hurns at WR34 for the balance of the season.  Interestingly enough, Shepard is WR33.  I guess the drop off from 33 to 34 is WR3 to deep roster guy. :P

Rene I'd hang tight.....i don;t expect Gordon to maintain his initial pace....I expect some regression and I don't think Gordon+ Sheperd is enough of a bump to your starting lineup to cover what Zeke and whoever put up...and outside of their game against MIN I kinda like DAL schedule....

On 10/11/2016 at 9:04 AM, BassNBrew said:

Personally I would, but that's coming from someone in the waterboy tier.

I put an offer of CJ and Maclin early yesterday for Gurley, and was countered with CJ, Crabtree and Graham for Gurley, Stills and Reed.  To me, Reed is damaged goods, and I couldn't see giving up CJ (who actually played well last night but had a couple of runs and a TD called back) and Crabtree and an ascending Graham for Gurley.  I maybe would have pulled that trigger if it were for Bell, but it just seemed like too much.

I still want to tweak my team, but I can't away the farm.  With that said if I can roll out Zeke and Bell or Gurley on a weekly basis, I can't see coming up with less than 3 wins in any given week.

11 hours ago, Sweet Love said:

I put an offer of CJ and Maclin early yesterday for Gurley, and was countered with CJ, Crabtree and Graham for Gurley, Stills and Reed.  To me, Reed is damaged goods, and I couldn't see giving up CJ (who actually played well last night but had a couple of runs and a TD called back) and Crabtree and an ascending Graham for Gurley.  I maybe would have pulled that trigger if it were for Bell, but it just seemed like too much.

I still want to tweak my team, but I can't away the farm.  With that said if I can roll out Zeke and Bell or Gurley on a weekly basis, I can't see coming up with less than 3 wins in any given week.

Reed is having bad concussion issues.  No idea how long he will be out, or if he'll even come back!

I ended up just scoring 94 points, but came away with two wins...I'll consider that a "win".  Now I may need to trade for a QB with Ben out...I'll scour the WW first, but hopefully I can get a 2nd tier guy for one of my bench WRs.

Scores seem lower this week across all of my leagues. In IBL, I'm sitting at 110.7 with Enunwa to go. I've got 3 wins locked up. 2.5 from Enunwa gets a third, 20 points gets a fourth. Another opponent sits at 97.18 with Marshall to go, and final opponent sits at just 70, but with Johnson and Palmer left.

10-12 likely gets 6 wins, but even a marginal 4 or 5 point game will give me at least 4.

Complete opposite of last week where 6 of my 7 opponents scored over 120, and 4 were over 135

Edited by renesauz

2 wins and one loss locked in.

Win 3 if David Johnson < 53 pts

Win 4 if Forte < 28

Win 5 if David Johnson < 32

Win 6 if Enunwa < 60

5 wins should get us out of the bottom tier into the waterway tier.

5 hours ago, Sweet Love said:

I ended up just scoring 94 points, but came away with two wins...I'll consider that a "win".  Now I may need to trade for a QB with Ben out...I'll scour the WW first, but hopefully I can get a 2nd tier guy for one of my bench WRs.

What do you consider second tier?

Keapernick could be part of an awesome QBBC.  Romo will be back soon.  I'd feel good with the matches below.  By good, I mean only losing 2 ppg to most of the QB1s in the league.

SF - Dallas

TB - Bye

BYE - Phi

NO - @Cle

@Ari - @Pit

NE - Bal

@Mia - Was

@Chi - @Minn

NYJ - @NYG

@Atl - TB

@LA - Det

Sea - @Phi

Managed 5 wins. David Johnson's huge night got one guy over me by 0.3 points or it would have been 6

7 hours ago, renesauz said:

Managed 5 wins. David Johnson's huge night got one guy over me by 0.3 points or it would have been 6

Same here, another DJ casualty by 2 pts (although honestly I was expecting it).

Team Ref still in the Waterboy tier.  As a team we're 40 games below .500.  We used to be good at this game.

6 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Team Ref still in the Waterboy tier.  As a team we're 40 games below .500.  We used to be good at this game.

Same here. Just above you in rookie tier. 18 total wins,  13 of those came in weeks 1&6.

6 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Same here, another DJ casualty by 2 pts (although honestly I was expecting it).

Expecting him to score 40????

19 hours ago, renesauz said:

Expecting him to score 40????

Around 30.  

Figured he was pretty much a lock for 100 and a TD.  Was expecting 5 for 50 rec.  From there it was just a matter a matter if if got a second TD.

Edited by BassNBrew

3 Ls for us and 2 Ws.  Sixth game should be a win.  Seventh game is a lion flip.  Scored 114.

Carrying two kickers isn't optimal when you start the kicker who's on a bye. :unsure:

Gringo (FBG) 
PLAYER   EVENT
Luck, Andrew IND QB
at Titans Sun 1:00 p.m. ET
IND 34, TEN 26
14.12 353 Passing Yards 
1.70 17 Rushing Yards 
12.00 3 Passing TDs 
27.82 Subtotal
Miller, Lamar HOU RB
at Broncos Mon 8:30 p.m. ET
- Game Has Not Yet Started
0.00 Subtotal
West, Terrance BAL RB
at Jets Sun 1:00 p.m. ET
BAL 16, NYJ 24
1.00 10 Rushing Yards 
1.00 Subtotal
Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR
vs Seahawks Sun 8:30 p.m. ET
ARI 6, SEA 6
7.00 70 Receiving Yards 
9.00 9 Receptions 
16.00 Subtotal
Jackson, DeSean WAS WR
at Lions Sun 1:00 p.m. ET
WAS 17, DET 20
3.50 35 Receiving Yards 
5.00 5 Receptions 
8.50 Subtotal
Maclin, Jeremy KCC WR
vs Saints Sun 1:00 p.m. ET
KCC 27, NOS 21
4.00 40 Receiving Yards 
4.00 4 Receptions 
8.00 Subtotal
Kelce, Travis KCC TE
vs Saints Sun 1:00 p.m. ET
KCC 27, NOS 21
2.40 24 Receiving Yards 
2.00 2 Receptions 
4.40 Subtotal
Gano, Graham CAR PK
Bye 
- Bye Week
0.00 Subtotal
Rams, Los Angeles RAM Def
vs Giants Sun 9:30 a.m. ET
RAM 10, NYG 17
2.00 1 Fumble Recoveries (from Opponent) 
2.00 17 Opponent Total Points Scored 
4.00 Subtotal
  69.72 Grand Total
Gringo (FBG) - Non-Starters 
PLAYER   EVENT
Winston, Jameis TBB QB
at 49ers Sun 4:05 p.m. ET
TBB 34, SFO 17
10.76 269 Passing Yards 
12.00 3 Passing TDs 
22.76 Subtotal
Elliott, Ezekiel DAL RB
Bye 
- Bye Week
0.00 Subtotal
Forsett, Justin DET RB
vs Redskins Sun 1:00 p.m. ET
DET 20, WAS 17
3.30 33 Rushing Yards 
1.50 15 Receiving Yards 
2.00 2 Receptions 
6.80 Subtotal
Smith, Steve BAL WR
at Jets Sun 1:00 p.m. ET
BAL 16, NYJ 24
0.00 Subtotal
Wheaton, Markus PIT WR
vs Patriots Sun 4:25 p.m. ET
PIT 16, NEP 27
0.00 Subtotal
Woods, Robert BUF WR
at Dolphins Sun 1:00 p.m. ET
BUF 25, MIA 28
0.00 Subtotal
Rudolph, Kyle MIN TE
at Eagles Sun 1:00 p.m. ET
MIN 10, PHI 21
5.50 55 Receiving Yards 
5.00 5 Receptions 
10.50 Subtotal
Hauschka, Steven SEA PK
at Cardinals Sun 8:30 p.m. ET
SEA 6, ARI 6
3.00 40 yd Field Goal 
3.00 36 yd Field Goal 
6.00 Subtotal
Eagles, Philadelphia PHI Def
vs Vikings Sun 1:00 p.m. ET
PHI 21, MIN 10
6.00 1 Kickoff Return TDs 
6.00 3 Fumble Recoveries (from Opponent) 
2.00 1 Interceptions 
6.00 6 Sacked a QB 
3.00 10 Opponent Total Points Scored 
23.00 Subtotal
  69.06 Grand Total

Not a good week for me. Wilson did next to nothing Sunday night, and I was stuck at RB. Charles was my only (healthy?) active RB and I figured he'd get more than a single carry. Stil managed 108, but only 1 win locked up. ANother guy sits at 40 but with 2 WR's, PK, and DST to go...likely a win, but far from locked. An average score would have gotten me 3 at best though, as I had multiple opponents put up 140+

38 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Ended up 4-3 and finally crawled out of the basement.

put the women and children to bed.....its on now baby!

So which is it.....

1. Are we just a bunch of guppies?

2. Is the game passing us by?

3. Is FF really just mostly luck?

1 hour ago, BassNBrew said:

So which is it.....

1. Are we just a bunch of guppies?

2. Is the game passing us by?

3. Is FF really just mostly luck?

I think we have shown that we usually do a pretty good job in this bad boy....I think we have seen some of our guys run into some really tough matchups even when putting up a decent score.....so yeah the bad luck part may be playing a small role and maybe its just not our year schedule wise...

but honestly...and yeah...I'll say it....I think a pretty big part is that some of our team have a sense of complacency....a draft and pretty much done mentality....there really is no reason to be starting guys on byes and continuing to carry guys that are out, etc...starting a guy on bye to me means they didn't even to bother to check in all that week...let alone try and improve their team...and that they really don't give a ####....but I bet they checked in on their local money leagues.......

if you're not trying to make your team better.....somebody else is....

if you're not at least trying to play a little bit of "keep away" ......somebody else is...

unfortunately we have had some pretty high waiver picks.....and they have probably gone unused.....

I also know that Bass and I have made some mistakes.....we misread some situations and also swung and missed on some WDIS stuff and went the wrong direction....big time...so sometimes things just happen, but it seems like it has piled on us this year...

but also....maybe the competition has gotten better as well.....gotta give them credit too....

My issue this year (and this happens to me at least once a year in one of my leagues) is that I really liked my draft and thought I was very deep.  When this happens, I typically find myself unable to pull the trigger when it comes to picking up FAs.  PIcking up what seemed like a one week flyer in Quiz Rogers and dropping Yeldon?  In hind sight, it is obvious, but at the time it would have been shortsighted.  Of course, now I lose Anderson (and still holding until final word) and most of the talent out there is gone.  If he were to go down two weeks ago, I would have been in better shape.  Sometimes I pick a guy at the end of the draft who I know is a massive longshot, just so that I can have someone who is easy to drop.

We all know, you just need to keep plugging away.  Better teams have to do better and if you aren't doing well, just tweak your team each week and the scores will inevitably go up.

I had no choice but to start Hurns....wasn't expecting much at all, especially by half-time. Woke up to a nice surprise.

11 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

The week we bench Hurns he goes off for a decent score.

Yep...and I picked up and started Lee in several leagues. GO figure

When we decided not to start Hurns....Bass said he was then a lock for 20....this is exactly how our year has gone with a pretty solid team IMO....

Also my apologies for any board embarrassment caused by starting a #### storm in this league and participation in discussions....just saw some #### that looked a little questionable....

I'm most likely rejecting this offer but I thought I'd share it with the team....

Ruffrodys (FBG) receive Adams, Davante GBP WR and Britt, Kenny RAM WR
and HitNRun (HUD) receive Freeman, Devonta ATL RB and Tucker, Justin BAL PK

Hmmm, any thoughts?

Edit: I rejected it. Then I took a closer look. He offered me a player I already have on my team (Adams) so this trade wasn't gonna fly no matter what.

Edited by Ruffrodys05
Ahah moment....

Ate the bagel this week.  

Might as well pull names out of a hat.

Edited by BassNBrew

Ughh...went 3-4 with a 128 score.  I'd been getting away with murder, but the chickens came home to roost.

UGH...after getting screwed multiple weeks putting up good scores only to lose 4 or 5 anyway, this week I lost 4 games by less then 4 points while putting up a 105 or so. The one game I won was by less than a point. Russel Wilson has been a huge disapointment this year, I expected Jamaal Charles to be healthy and playing 4 weeks ago, and Olsen has been weaker then expected to boot. Just not a good year for me. :(

Even worse is that I debated three specific lineup changes, any of which would have gotten me those 4 games:

Briefly contemplated Tyrod (18) over WIlson (11)...not gonna beat myself up over that one

Thought about Rudolph (8) over Olsen (2)...probably should have done this one, but not egregious

Flipped back and forth between Enunwa (19) and Lee (3)...angry with myself as I obviously got too cute.

Had I done all three would have been 6-1, had I done ANY of the three I would have been 5-2 instead of 1-6

TYLER LOCKETT

WR92 /OA259, avg. 5.271 ppg. Still owned by 8 teams, 5 of them being on team FBG. Me, Broncos, Rene, Old Mil and Ducky. I don't know about you guys but I'm fed up. Thinking of trying to move him but, quite frankly I'm leaning towards dropping him for an upside play. Any thoughts?

Anybody wanna hang around the add/drop page at 11:00 EST and snag him within seconds?...just let me know.....we can coordinate our timing.......we've got over an hour to work it out. 

16 minutes ago, Ruffrodys05 said:

TYLER LOCKETT

WR92 /OA259, avg. 5.271 ppg. Still owned by 8 teams, 5 of them being on team FBG. Me, Broncos, Rene, Old Mil and Ducky. I don't know about you guys but I'm fed up. Thinking of trying to move him but, quite frankly I'm leaning towards dropping him for an upside play. Any thoughts?

Anybody wanna hang around the add/drop page at 11:00 EST and snag him within seconds?...just let me know.....we can coordinate our timing.......we've got over an hour to work it out. 

This would be considered collusion and is against the rules.