What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 IBL (2 Viewers)

Ended up pulling the trigger on a trade that was 3% in my favor, which leads me to:

PICKS: 2.03B, 3.10B, 4.03B, 4.12H, 5.01H, 5.10B, 6.03B, 7.01H, 7.10B, 8.03B, 9.10B, 10.03B, 13.10B, 14.03B, 15.10B, 16.03B, 17.10B, 18.03B

I may be in the middle of moving and not sure how internet situation and such will be when the (H) draft begins, so I may need a little help in drafting those picks.

Losing a late 1st rounder, but gaining a 4th, 5th, and 7th.  So that should give me some solid depth.

I may be in the middle of moving and not sure how internet situation and such will be when the (H) draft begins, so I may need a little help in drafting those picks.

Losing a late 1st rounder, but gaining a 4th, 5th, and 7th.  So that should give me some solid depth.
From a team perspective, I love those kinds of moves. I think they make it less likely to finish top 3-5 in the IBL, but also make it far less likely that you end up in the bottom 20.

Terrific depth makes it easy to finish in the top 25%. We aren't playing for money or an individual title, but a team title. If ten of us finish in the top 1/3, we win, even if none of us are in the top 5. Put another way: going 45-3 isn't THAT much more helpful to the team then going 36- 12, but shooting for 45-3 makes it much easier to end up 12-36...which is very hurtful to the team's chances. If you're going for 36-12, chances are pretty good that you'll be able to win at least 28 or so, and if we all go 28-20 or better, we win.

With that in mind, I love moving down a few picks in early-middle rounds (5-8 or 9) to move an 17th or 18th up into the 11th or 12th. I don't mind trading out of the first to move 8th and 9th rounders to 4th and 5th rounders.

Last edited by a moderator:
From a team perspective, I love those kinds of moves. I think they make it less likely to finish top 3-5 in the IBL, but also make it far less likely that you end up in the bottom 20.

Terrific depth makes it easy to finish in the top 25%. We aren't playing for money or an individual title, but a team title. If ten of us finish in the top 1/3, we win, even if none of us are in the top 5. Put another way: going 45-3 isn't THAT much more helpful to the team then going 36- 12, but shooting for 45-3 makes it much easier to end up 12-36...which is very hurtful to the team's chances. If you're going for 36-12, chances are pretty good that you'll be able to win at least 28 or so, and if we all go 28-20 or better, we win.

With that in mind, I love moving down a few picks in early-middle rounds (5-8 or 9) to move an 17th or 18th up into the 11th or 12th. I don't mind trading out of the first to move 8th and 9th rounders to 4th and 5th rounders.
Opps  :bag:   Just did this trade.  Went big to secure Julio / Brown duo.  Counting on ref to find a gem at 11.2.  I think we can get away with it if we wait at QB.  We're giving up Newton/Rodgers for Taylor/Flacco while upgrading Cobb/Marshall/DT type to Julio.

Stinking Ref/BnB send 2.12e, 3.1e, 13.1e to Gingrulesfor 1.2A, 11.2A, and 14.11A

Was eyeing Brandon Marshall at the 2.03B pick.  But an offer came my way to move back one spot in B, but move up 6 spots from 6.03 to 5.09.  So I did it.  The guy took Jordy Nelson, and I still got Marshall.   :thumbup:

Was eyeing Brandon Marshall at the 2.03B pick.  But an offer came my way to move back one spot in B, but move up 6 spots from 6.03 to 5.09.  So I did it.  The guy took Jordy Nelson, and I still got Marshall.   :thumbup:
Marshall is projecting out at 3.4.  Glad you were able to get 6 spots out of the deal.

Heading to bed in a few.

If someone from another board wants to trade up for my second rounder in A, I'll take almost any deal 3% or better per DOdds in my favor...feel free to make it happen.

Otherwise, if I'm up before noon, Bass can make a choice for me, or I'll be on around 445 PM EST

Our season is only 11 weeks long. Pretty big risk taking someone in the first that's going to miss 40% of the season
Agreed. Just seeing where he went in B and C I thought my thinking was wrong. 

The cost and having to go DeAngelo around the 6th turned me off of him for Lamar. 

Agreed. Just seeing where he went in B and C I thought my thinking was wrong. 

The cost and having to go DeAngelo around the 6th turned me off of him for Lamar. 
I think Lamar was a great pick.  Hope FBG ends up with several copies.

I'm going wr here at 2.11 and 3.2 by time it gets  back to me at 4.11 will be gone 

not sold on any rbs here petersonnor Charles because of age injuries etc

probably going golden Tate - maclin

Surprised to see Charles and ADP drop like rocks.
thought the same thing.....saw that Clash passed on ADP for both Maclin and Tate at the 2/3 turn and he had Julio on board.....ADP hard to pass up there IMO...

Rene ponces on Charles at 3.05....thats pretty solid

Freeman dropping too....

thought the same thing.....saw that Clash passed on ADP for both Maclin and Tate at the 2/3 turn and he had Julio on board.....ADP hard to pass up there IMO...

Rene ponces on Charles at 3.05....thats pretty solid

Freeman dropping too....
It's like the rules never changed

yeah, WRs are picked over at my 3.07 pick, but I'm looking at a choice between Doug Martin and Eddie Lacy to pair with David Johnson.

yeah, WRs are picked over at my 3.07 pick, but I'm looking at a choice between Doug Martin and Eddie Lacy to pair with David Johnson.

Nice consolation prizes.  I could easily buy into the argument that they'll be on par with the backs drafted in the first round.

Aaron Rudnicki said:

like that trade you made

Actually think Baldwin was a flash in the pan.  Don't see anywhere near the same numbers he put up last half of last year. Like Lockett to really step up this year. 

Actually thought I had Maclin pre-drafted before Lockett, but guess I didn't. 

Would love to hear thoughts regarding rounds 1-4 and how those who have drafted would have done it differently.  Can someone go 3 RBs in the first 4 and load the crap up on WRs after that?  I mean, we can start 3 RBs now, so I just want to see what initial thoughts are after the rule changes.

It's like the rules never changed
But they DID change, and some are slow to pick up on the increased RB values. Stole Charles in the 3rd.

Spent my 4th on Olsen. Seems a great value at that spot to me, although he hadn't been drafted in either of the other leagues yet either. That means I still don't have a WR in the fold, but I do still own a 4.01 in a later draft. These drafts sometimes over-compensate to earlier imbalances so I'm hoping that 4.01 will net me a much better WR1 than what I could have had in A (J Mathews, FLoyd, Decker). Maybe Cobb or Edelman?

Either way I think I'm almost forced to use my 5th rounder in A at WR.

RIght now have Zeke Elliot, J. Charles, and Olsen. I took Elliot much earlier than anyone else...I've NEVER taken a rookie so high, but I can't see how he isn't a top 5 RB behind that line this year, and I'm not very comfortable with the other top RBs as top RBs

Aaron Rudnicki said:

any interest in dealing CJA?

possibly. I only have 2 guys on my roster and lots of picks to go. what do you have in mind?
we have 4.12 E or 5.01 E and some bumps later......saw you got CJA at 4.06 (very nice snag BTW)....we have been targeting him but blew our wad in moving up to snag Julio to pair with Brown who we will take at 1.01E so we dont' have a second or third round pick....it would really probably mean giving you the 4.12 and large bumps later till it made sense to you....bass would need to chime in here....

Team Stinkin Ref / BassNBrew1.01e (1)1.02a (2) Julio Jones4.12e (48)5.01e (49)6.12e (72)7.01e (73)8.12e (96)9.01e (97)10.12e (120)11.01e (121)11.02a (122)12.12e (144)14.11a (167)14.12e (168)15.01e (169)16.12e (192)17.01e (193)18.12e (216)

Whatcha got Ruds (picks)?  I know you traded some picks.

As a side note, it would be good to keep others here updated on what picks we have and selections we have made for trading purposes.  There's really not a good reason why all 12 of us shouldn't walk away from these drafts having a perfect draft.

we have 4.12 E or 5.01 E and some bumps later......saw you got CJA at 4.06 (very nice snag BTW)....we have been targeting him but blew our wad in moving up to snag Julio to pair with Brown who we will take at 1.01E so we dont' have a second or third round pick....it would really probably mean giving you the 4.12 and large bumps later till it made sense to you....bass would need to chime in here....

possibly. I only have 2 guys on my roster and lots of picks to go. what do you have in mind?

Let's talk when your 5.7a is up.  If you're not liking the board we could maybe work a swap.  Ideally we would have targeted Locket here be he's gone in this draft and available in the others.

If you see someone you like move on it.  I've got 5 more opportunities to move into position to get Anderson.  Also if you like Anderson a lot, hang on to him.  The more of us that acquire him the better IMO.

Woke up and logged on to find myself fresh OTC in A at 5.05....and HATING my options. Luckily was able to garner multiple offers. The only one giving me any real value came from Lambert:

His 5.11/7.11/10.2 for my 5.5/8.8/10.8

Unfortunately all still in A, but 4% my way per the Doddulator, and if I keep that 5.11 might end up with the same player I would have taken now anyway (Sanders or Hurns, but see DeSean as fairly equivalent). Hopefully I can lateral to a later draft and hope for a better WR. Also considered going QB....wanted to wait but guys like Luck and Wilson are still available.

After my moves thus far:

Started as 5A. Unused Picks: 4.01G, 5.11A, 6.01G, 6.08A, 7.05A, 7.11A, 9.12G, 10.02A, 12.08A, 13.05A, 14.08A, 15.05A, 16.08A, 17.05A, 18.08A

Ezekiel Elliot (1.5A), Jamaal Charles (3.05A),

Greg Olsen (4.08A)

Woke up and logged on to find myself fresh OTC in A at 5.05....and HATING my options. Luckily was able to garner multiple offers. The only one giving me any real value came from Lambert:

His 5.11/7.11/10.2 for my 5.5/8.8/10.8

Unfortunately all still in A, but 4% my way per the Doddulator, and if I keep that 5.11 might end up with the same player I would have taken now anyway (Sanders or Hurns, but see DeSean as fairly equivalent). Hopefully I can lateral to a later draft and hope for a better WR. Also considered going QB....wanted to wait but guys like Luck and Wilson are still available.

After my moves thus far:

Started as 5A. Unused Picks: 4.01G, 5.11A, 6.01G, 6.08A, 7.05A, 7.11A, 9.12G, 10.02A, 12.08A, 13.05A, 14.08A, 15.05A, 16.08A, 17.05A, 18.08A

Ezekiel Elliot (1.5A), Jamaal Charles (3.05A),

Greg Olsen (4.08A)

We may be interested in a trade if Rawls/Lewis are still on the board at 5.11

Really regretting my Elliot pick at this point. Should have gone with AJ Green. Thought folks would go heavier on the RBs this year.

Plus....Made the pick in a hurry soon after waking up...had been OTC for 6+ hours on day 1.

As of right now:

2016 IBLQB: RB: E Lacy (4.03B)WR: B Marshall (2.03B), D Baldwin (3.10B)TE: K: DST:PICKS: 4.12H, 5.01H, 5.09B, 5.10B, 7.01H, 7.10B, 8.03B, 9.10B, 10.03B, 13.10B, 14.03B, 15.10B, 16.03B, 17.10B, 18.03B

Thoughts on my upcoming turn in A? 

Lamar Miller

Doug Martin

Keenan Allen

Tyler Lockett

Would love to see someone fall but my targets are slowly going. 

Not really thrilled with anyone on the board right now. 

Thoughts on my upcoming turn in A? 

Lamar Miller

Doug Martin

Keenan Allen

Tyler Lockett

Would love to see someone fall but my targets are slowly going. 

Not really thrilled with anyone on the board right now. 
Love Allen

Users who are viewing this thread