Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
renesauz

2016 IBL

And here (sometimes) with firefox

Teamwork like it's supposed to be done.  Old Mil shares that he's getting ready to draft Taylor.  We send him our Tayor and a bump for that pick.  He gets the same guy and a bump, we get a player we're targeting and is a value.

• Like 4

Ruffrody's and Sweet Love....we've got 12.10 coming up and would trade down to one of your 13th round picks for a minor bump of our 18.9.  Let us know.

I am on now, but have to jump into an interviuew in 20 minutes.  I will be on G waiting for one of you to enter.

29 minutes ago, Sweet Love said:

I am on now, but have to jump into an interviuew in 20 minutes.  I will be on G waiting for one of you to enter.

Saw you there and then you were gone.  Never saw you back.  Will give it until 10:30.

Sorry about that...they guy showed up 15 minutes early for his interview...the nerve.

59 minutes ago, Sweet Love said:

Sorry about that...they guy showed up 15 minutes early for his interview...the nerve.

Should have told him Serious Business going on here.

Just looked at you team.  I'd take a hard look at Ladarius Green / Jesse James combo somewhere down the road.  Also RG3 is going to either crush it this year or be on the bench.  Great pick in this format.  If he's back you have a top 3 QB.  If he gets hurt you have a great candidate to cut for the weekly hot FA pick up.  

2 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Should have told him Serious Business going on here.

Just looked at you team.  I'd take a hard look at Ladarius Green / Jesse James combo somewhere down the road.  Also RG3 is going to either crush it this year or be on the bench.  Great pick in this format.  If he's back you have a top 3 QB.  If he gets hurt you have a great candidate to cut for the weekly hot FA pick up.  

I really like you RGIII thinking...not sure about the Green/James combo as it would burn two more roster spots on TE...Miller, Ebron and Cooks (my three guys) just went in that last six picks.  I may punt this round on TE, and go with Clay later.  I may reach on Stills or go with QB.

1 hour ago, Sweet Love said:

I really like you RGIII thinking...not sure about the Green/James combo as it would burn two more roster spots on TE...Miller, Ebron and Cooks (my three guys) just went in that last six picks.  I may punt this round on TE, and go with Clay later.  I may reach on Stills or go with QB.

don'y sleep on Virgil Green or Higbee....

I have to reel this in...just selected Chris Hogan as my WR7.  I have a good pulse on what I am trying to accomplish here on out, but I have to laugh at myself having 7 Wr, 13 picks in

Has anybody been impressed with Prescott...?....I have....and now Romo out half the season, I think he is worth a sniff in this format if you have picks left....

Team Sinrman:

QB: A Luck (4.12H), J Winston (10.03B)
RB: E Lacy (4.03B), D Lewis (5.09B), G Bernard (7.01H), J Stewart (7.10B), J Ajayi (9.10B)
WR: B Marshall (2.03B), D Baldwin (3.10B), D Funchess (8.03B), P Garcon (13.04G), T Ginn (14.05B), A Boldin (15.10B), B Miller (18.03B)
TE: D Walker (5.10B), T Kelce (5.01H)
K: G Gano (17.10B)
DST: KC Chiefs (16.03B

Very happy with this.  Got Garcon in the 13th round, which is a steal in what I think will be a pass-heavy offense.

Good depth, but will be hard to decide who to start each week until injuries start taking their toll.

Well perusing the rosters at FFLW,  I found this:

RuffRodys (FBG 3G)
2.10G QB Cam Newton CAR (7)
9.03G QB Blake Bortles JAC (5)
1.03G RB David Johnson ARI (9)
3.03G RB Devonta Freeman ATL (11)
6.10G RB Duke Johnson CLE (13)
8.10G RB Ryan Mathews PHI (4)
10.03D RB Jay Ajayi MIA (8)
4.10G WR Tyler Lockett SEA (5)
5.03G WR Allen Hurns JAC (5)
10.10G WR Laquon Treadwell MIN (6)
15.06F WR Ted Ginn CAR (7)
7.03G TE Martellus Bennett NEP (9)
13.03G EXPIRED PICK
14.10G
15.03G
16.10G
17.03G
18.10G

Draft is at 14.9 currently.

ETA:  He was last on these boards Wed. the 24th.    Hope everything is alright!

Edited by OldMilwaukee

2 hours ago, OldMilwaukee said:

Well perusing the rosters at FFLW,  I found this:

Draft is at 14.9 currently.

ETA:  He was last on these boards Wed. the 24th.    Hope everything is alright!

Rene you should probably step in and take over till he makes it back....I'd be happy to step in and finish for him the rest of the way till we figure out what's up.....just need his password

Got it. No clue what happened to him though......

If I could make one more suggestion for this league.....it would be to start 4 drafts in the first week and 4 in the second and call it good......

get rid of the late 3rd week start for the last 2 drafts......brutal

start the other two a week later or whatever

Edited by Stinkin Ref

Did anyone hear from RuffRody's?  Odd that someone from our board was not pinged when he expired on MFL (thought someone would reach out.  I have been at a funeral, so was autodrafting in H (and therefor I did not see much).

Ref and I were rehashing old times tonite.  I've been a minimalist QB guy in this league for quite awhile.  Here's the QBs I rostered to win the league 9 years ago...Batch, Carr, Young, Gerrard, Pennington, Delhomme, and JP Losman.  I don't think any of these guys scored over 200 pos that year.

15 hours ago, Sweet Love said:

Did anyone hear from RuffRody's?  Odd that someone from our board was not pinged when he expired on MFL (thought someone would reach out.  I have been at a funeral, so was autodrafting in H (and therefor I did not see much).

Don't have his digits, but he was PMd. Hasn't been seen here, FFLW, or MFL for a week.

This is my final team.  Each pick from draft H (I wanted to try that at least once over the years) and since I was away to start, this seemed like the best opportunity (though I may make some trades now).  I am please with the results overall.  QB is strong with two guys I may end up alternating based on match ups...while I think Roth was a good value, in hindsight, I would have skipped on him and gone with Allen/Gates/Barnidge at TE and taken Tyrod/Winston as my QB1, coupled with Fitz.  Not a huge loss, but I am going to have to hope that Graham can play, or James steps up (thanks to BnB for the James suggestion...got him right after Green went on IR).  Kicker is great with Tucker, and the Jets should just be fine.  I love my versatility when it comes to my RB/WR corps.  I could start 3 RBs any week (with Mathews/Yeldon sitting) or I could go 4 wide with Robinson/Maclin/Matthews/Crabtree.  Both groups have great depth (especially WR with Benjamin, Aiken and Hogan as my WR5-7).  If all holds up, I can see this as a top of the second tier team, possibly jumping into that top tier.  Not trading may have hurt me a tad in the middle rounds, but I just kept finding value after value in the later rounds, likely because I had my picks still (though I did not love Rounds 12-13).  I may end up moving one of those WRs for a proper TE, as I would love to have Allen on my roster...thoughts on the draft overall?

SWEET LOVE (FBG 8H)

Fitzpatrick, Ryan NYJ QB306.0011

Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB254.008

Anderson, C.J. DEN RB132.0011

Elliott, Ezekiel DAL RB-7

Mathews, Ryan PHI RB121.004

West, Charcandrick KCC RB (Q)124.005

Yeldon, T.J. JAC RB145.005

Aiken, Kamar BAL WR193.008

Benjamin, Travis SDC WR189.0011

Crabtree, Michael OAK WR224.0010

Hogan, Chris NEP WR89.009

Maclin, Jeremy KCC WR237.005

Matthews, Jordan PHI WR (Q)226.004

Robinson, Allen JAC WR297.005

Graham, Jimmy SEA TE (Q)117.005

James, Jesse PIT TE20.008

Tucker, Justin BAL PK132.008

Jets, New York NYJ Def118.0011

2 hours ago, Sweet Love said:

SWEET LOVE (FBG 8H)

Fitzpatrick, Ryan NYJ QB306.0011
Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB254.008

Really like your combo here and don’t think you will regret Big Ben.  Fitz hasn’t looked real sharp and their schedule is brutal IIRC.

Anderson, C.J. DEN RB132.0011
Elliott, Ezekiel DAL RB-7
Mathews, Ryan PHI RB121.004
West, Charcandrick KCC RB (Q)124.005
Yeldon, T.J. JAC RB145.005

Real solid 1-2 punch here.  I was all over CJA early, then I cooled off, but now I’m back on, he could be huge as well as Zeke….could lap the field here.

Aiken, Kamar BAL WR193.008
Benjamin, Travis SDC WR189.0011
Crabtree, Michael OAK WR224.0010
Hogan, Chris NEP WR89.009
Maclin, Jeremy KCC WR237.005
Matthews, Jordan PHI WR (Q)226.004
Robinson, Allen JAC WR297.005

Really solid group here, might be tough who to start each week cause Hogan is establishing a nice role and Benjamin.  Aiken solid as well.  If Mathews has a big game early, I would look to move him, maybe for A TE (Allen).  Almost too much solid depth here if there is such a thing.  Could help your strength of your starting lineup elsewhere with a deal.

Graham, Jimmy SEA TE (Q)117.005
James, Jesse PIT TE20.008

James could pay off big in PPR, you could be ok here.

Tucker, Justin BAL PK132.008

Jets, New York NYJ Def118.0011

Real nice work, you will have a nice team each week.

30 minutes ago, Sweet Love said:

Do we have a particular password?

I just linked it to my username

I used the same password I had set up for the draft sites.

If anyone is having trouble let me know. I don't have commish access yet but will within a day or so and can reset you.

Double check your rosters. Pretty sure they are good, but check anyway.

Has anyone seen ruffodys? We (me and ref mostly) finished his draft for him, and I haven't seen him in over a week. Anyone have his digits? We might have to find someone to take over his team.

Feel really strong about this team.  Ref and I talked a good bit about what we wanted to do this year.  Acquiring the guys he wanted was no small task, especially when you factor in him getting cool and warm on players thought the draft.  I half thought about tracking all the trades.  Anyway, 17 of the original 18 picks were traded.  Most were to gain position to get guys who we wanted.  Some were to move value to team mates. 

We knew we were going to go with A Brown at 1.1.  Saw post with an owner offering up the 1.2 pick.  I didn't like the potential board at the 2.12/3.1 turn so I floated an offer out sending 2 / 3 / 13 for 1 / 11 / 14.  That was only giving up about 2% Dodds.  The last two years we've come up one stud short of winning this league.  We regularly find starters on the wire and have a bunch of points on the bench.  Confident in our ability to work the wire we figured we could replace 3.1 pick over the course of the year.

The other thing evident in this league is that the QB position is greatly overvalued.  I won this league with years ago with Batch/Young/Delhomme/Carr/Pennington/Losman as a QB by committee.  Half of last years top ten QBs could be had on the wire at one point in time.  I was eyeing Taylor, Fitz, and RG3 as being good top ten candidates that could be had in the back half of the draft.

Spent most of the draft alternating between trading back to acquire value and then paying up to get value on the board.  We traded in for Moncrief at 4.7 which is the latest that he went.  He was generally a 3/4 turn pick.  We traded into 6.6 for Hurns who went mostly between 5.3 and 5.12.  We made a move for Martellius Bennett to get him at 11.12.  Clash got him at 11.2 and then everyone else paid between a 7th and 10th.

We did slightly over for Rawls and Jennings but were desperate for RBs.  We also spent significant number of picks handcuffing our RBs.

While our roster as a whole doesn't look particularly strong I this this starting lineup is one of the best...

QB: RG 3 (Fitz or wire)

RB: Rawls

WR: A. Brown, Julio, Moncrief, Hurns

TE: Julius Thomas (Bennett when Brady is back)

D: Seattle

K: Catanzaro

Barring huge injury problems that WR group should blow the roof off.  Dodds has them projected at 68 points per week.  Our QBs should get 18 per week and our D/K another 18.  That's 104 points.  Rawls is projected for 12 a week and JT 10.  That's a total of 126 points per week which is usually good for 4-5 wins each week.  Last year we averaged 12.5.5.  50 wins will get you in the championship tier or 4.2 wins per week.
Edited by BassNBrew

So sorry guys....thanks for finishing my team.

Was in an accident out of town and wife had no idea how to help me out. I couldn't access anything. I'm back and good to go from here. All is well except for some bad bumps and bruises.....thankfully.

I appreciate you guys holding the fort down for me in the draft. I haven't looked at my team yet but I'm sure it's just fine. 

Again, huge thanks!!! And even bigger apologies to all on the team.

Rody

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ruffrodys05 said:

So sorry guys....thanks for finishing my team.

Was in an accident out of town and wife had no idea how to help me out. I couldn't access anything. I'm back and good to go from here. All is well except for some bad bumps and bruises.....thankfully.

I appreciate you guys holding the fort down for me in the draft. I haven't looked at my team yet but I'm sure it's just fine. 

Again, huge thanks!!! And even bigger apologies to all on the team.

Rody

Glad you are ok.....no worries here....this is fake football......let's kick some but now tho

Looks like my team was given to valence on the main site, which is now up. I'll bow out if that's what needs to happen. Thanks for allowing me to be involved a little this year, I appreciate it guys. Again, sorry for the confusion and not being able to comunicate my dilema. Good luck to the team! I hope you guys knock 'em dead!!! GO TEAM FBG!!!!!

Rody

52 minutes ago, Ruffrodys05 said:

Looks like my team was given to valence on the main site, which is now up. I'll bow out if that's what needs to happen. Thanks for allowing me to be involved a little this year, I appreciate it guys. Again, sorry for the confusion and not being able to comunicate my dilema. Good luck to the team! I hope you guys knock 'em dead!!! GO TEAM FBG!!!!!

Rody

No it wasn't. I have to fix the names as it was brought forward from a prior year.

2 minutes ago, renesauz said:

No it wasn't. I have to fix the names as it was brought forward from a prior year.

Cool, thanks Rene

On 9/2/2016 at 5:35 PM, renesauz said:

I used the same password I had set up for the draft sites.

If anyone is having trouble let me know. I don't have commish access yet but will within a day or so and can reset you.

Double check your rosters. Pretty sure they are good, but check anyway.

Has anyone seen ruffodys? We (me and ref mostly) finished his draft for him, and I haven't seen him in over a week. Anyone have his digits? We might have to find someone to take over his team.

Rene,

I am having trouble logging on...can you reset and let me know.

Thanks!

Week 1

QB: Newton

RB: Freeman, Johnson, Johnson (really like being able to flex here)

WR: Hurns, Lockett

TE: Bennett (don't trust Ebron yet)

K: Tucker

D: Rams

Here is my lineup if we cannot get the login:

QB:  Roth

RB: Elliott

RB: CJ Anderson

WR:Robinson

WR: Maclin

WR Crabtree

TE: Jesse James

D: Jets

I think this is the right amount!

Waiting for login too.  Here's my lineup for this week:

Luck

Elliott

Lamar Miller

Maclin

Fitzgerald

Desean Jackson

Kelce

Gano

Eagles

I sent Rene a text last week and he said they're setting it up this week. I sent him a  text earlier today and he hasn't responded. If anyone else knows the initial/common password, please shoot me a message at baker@footballguys.com

Reset passwords for several people today (Dave/Gringo, Sweet, ruffrodys, and .......someone else who asked.)

Let me know via pm if you're still not in. I'm off tomorrow evening and will be able to double check everyone and their lineups.

On 9/7/2016 at 5:40 AM, Ruffrodys05 said:

Week 1

QB: Newton

RB: Freeman, Johnson, Johnson Mathews (really like being able to flex here)

WR: Hurns, Lockett

TE: Bennett (don't trust Ebron yet)

D: Rams

Got on site, thanks Rene. Roster set.

Edited by Ruffrodys05
comments

A quick check showed everyone with a valid lineup :thumbup:

Not sure about a couple of QB decisions I noted though: RG3 at Philly over Fitzpatrick? Jameis Winston over Luck?

Nothing egregious...just disagree ;)

21 minutes ago, renesauz said:

A quick check showed everyone with a valid lineup :thumbup:

Not sure about a couple of QB decisions I noted though: RG3 at Philly over Fitzpatrick? Jameis Winston over Luck?

Nothing egregious...just disagree ;)

Hehe tough decision.  I love both Luck and Winston's matchups this week.  But gut instinct tells me to go with Winston.  I can, however, be swayed...........   :D

13 hours ago, Sinrman said:

Hehe tough decision.  I love both Luck and Winston's matchups this week.  But gut instinct tells me to go with Winston.  I can, however, be swayed...........   :D

It's worth the debate, but personally, I would wait a week on Winston...I picked him up in another league and had the quick thought of starting him over Manning, but again, just want to wait and see.