What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Reasons I'm reaching for Patriots rookie CB Cyrus Jones (1 Viewer)

howatzer

Footballguy
Looks like he's slotted for a nickel corner role.

The rookie corner rule applies here

Special teams abilities are off the charts. Four punt return tds last year. 

Converted WR so there could be some two way action in the future

Played for Nick Saban. Bill Bellichick and Nick are buds.

His nickname is Clamp Clampington 

Last edited by a moderator:
Is he is only the slot corner or is he starter and then moves to cover the slot in the nickel?  If he only comes in on nickel he may not get the snaps to make him a worthwhile play.

Gally said:
Is he is only the slot corner or is he starter and then moves to cover the slot in the nickel?  If he only comes in on nickel he may not get the snaps to make him a worthwhile play.
Currently, Logan Ryan and Malcolm Butler would be the starters. 

Football guys ranks slot corners high on a weekly basis and I assume this is because a veteran quarterback will key in on them when they're rookies or the weak link. Just thought I would share since most of my drafts are done and I think he's capable of putting up numbers like Pacman Jones. Return yardage leagues are what I usually play in, should of mentioned that in the original post. 

In return yardage leagues, the slot corner role can equal a big points with return yards factored in. 
I've looked at some of those leagues and don't see him as a top pick. And as JoeSteeler said will he be the primary returner.

Having a hunch is OK though.

Got a pick today in week 2 of the preseason and is handled two punts. Grab this guy in CB required leagues before its too late. 

Users who are viewing this thread