What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

1970s music draft discussion- Hard rock/classic rock albums (1 Viewer)

timschochet

Footballguy
Led Zeppelin-IV

The Who-Who's Next

Derek & Dominoes-Layla & Other Assorted Love Songs

Rolling Stones-Sticky Fingers

Black Sabbath-Paranoid

Queen-A Night at the Opera

Funkadelic-Standing On The Verge Of Getting It On

Iggy and the Stooges-Raw Power

Neil Young & Crazy Horse-Rust Never Sleeps

Boston (self titled)

Led Zeppelin-The Song Remains the Same

Aerosmith-Toys in the Attic

AC/DC-Highway to Hell

Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

Judas Priest - Unleashed in the East

Alice Cooper - Killer

Led Zeppelin III

Bad Company - Straight Shooter

Dead Boys - Young, Loud, and Snotty

Slade - Slade Alive II

Sorry guys, I was "indisposed" for a couple days. 

This is obviously a very tough category. I'm going to go with Derek & The Dominoes very slightly over Who's Next, LZ IV, Sticky Fingers and my own choice of Boston. But man I don't know. 

excluding my pick ('Raw Power')

I go ' Sticky Fingers' tops ... let alone 'Sister Morphine'  is my all time favorite Stones track ... would've snagged had I not had 'Exile' slide to me in rd. 2

'Paranoid' and 'Killer' round out my trifecta. 

lots of amazing music here ... 

May I just take a moment to say how much I love Rust Never Sleeps.

Obviously every album on here is great (I am not familiar with The Dead Boys). 

May I just take a moment to say how much I love Rust Never Sleeps.

Obviously every album on here is great (I am not familiar with The Dead Boys). 
agreed on all.  RNS is an album I wouldn't be listening to right now without this draft, but it is a superlative album.

(excepting LZ III) I'll go with LZ IV, Sticky Fingers and Boston as my trio.  Very tough category.

This has to be the toughest category. Who's Next over Zep IV for me in an extremely tough choice.

Very deep category. How did The Dead Boys end up in this category ?

for me I'd ranks 

1-Sticky Fingers

2-Who's Next

3-Raw Power

Easy #1 - Boston All 8/9 songs are absolutely "Smokin'"

2. Bad Company - Straight Shooter "Johnny was a schoolboy when he heard his first Beatle's song. Love me do I think it was and from then it didn't take him long"

3. Gotta go with Bon Scott's last - Highway

In some order:

Layla, Standing On The Verge, Sticky Fingers would be my top 3.

But, really - all of these that I've heard (I don't think I've had the pleasure with the Slade & Dead Boys records) are stone classics.

Even Bad Company - who I make fun of sometimes, mainly to piss off my brother who loved the hell out of them back then - is worthy. Their music was pretty pedestrian compared to a few of the others, but they had one of rock's great singers and they did what they did really well.

Tim, did I miss your thread for 1971 songs? I know you did the album version.

My top 3 are:

Who's Next

LZ IV

Raw Power

Who's Next was the first piece of music I ever selected in an FFA draft (the original DI album draft). It has a special place in my heart.

My favorite three are Who's Next, Sticky Fingers, and Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs.

I'll have to rank them LZ IV, Who's Next, Sticky, LZ III, Highway, Boston > Field (excluding my selection of "Toys").  

I'd probably slot Toys ahead of Boston in the above.

I'll go with LZIV as my top choice. Tons of good music here, but it's just a classic album that has no less than 5 radio staples, one of which is arguably the greatest classic rock song of all time. 

Second is Who's Next. Has as many radio staples as LZIV, but it's iconic tune finishes behind Stairway.

Rust Never Sleeps rounds out my top 3. I love this album, even if it's not quite as radio friendly as some of the others on this list.

Going for a top 5, let's put Toys in the Attic at #4.... no wait, Sticky Fingers. Then Toys goes.. what about Paranoid (my pick).  Layla is in there too? 

Hardest category, by far.

Users who are viewing this thread