What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How do I hide this DirectTV Dish? (1 Viewer)

Nugget

Footballguy
NEW DIRECTTV DISH

So they installed DirectTV today.  Due to line of sight concerns, the put it in the middle of the wall on the south side of my house.  It looks really bad.  I need to hide it.  Ideas?

they have gotten lazy and away from installs.  bring a ladder and get on the roof.  no way they drill into my siding, i'd take a pole in The Ground instead.

The installer didn't discuss the preferred mounting location prior to doing this? 

I was at work.
Then...

I would contact DirecTV and show them that picture. That's absurd.
... this.

DirecTV used to have insanely good customer service, especially when it comes to installs, but with a) them being bought out by AT&T and b) the fact they often use third-party installers, you may have to shuck and jive your way into them coming out to fix it.... but maybe not.  Could be a fairly simple fix. 

Don't tell me that cable is running through your basement window?

ETA: never-mind I zoomed in and see it wraps around your house, as it just lays on the ground there.   :lmao:   At least he left his drill for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Roof looks low enough they could have done it there.  If it had to be on the siding, why didn't they do it at the corner?

Is that the final installation with the cord laying on top of the mulch?  Horrible.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Man they just put the cable on the ground.   I guess the installer didn't have a ladder?   WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     That looks like a 7 year old kid installed your directv.  

Again,  WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Guaranteed that was an independent contractor doing the install who gets paid by the job, so whatever rush job he can do is better for him.  I would absolutely lose my mind on everyone I could find over this.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Man they just put the cable on the ground.   I guess the installer didn't have a ladder?   WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     That looks like a 7 year old kid installed your directv.  

Again,  WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Better yet just copy and paste a picture of this on the Directv Facebook page. :lol:     

WTF!!!!!!!!

Free Professional installation :lmao:

Just wait for your phone call from them "Sir, did you enjoy your free professional installation?"

Yep, ditch DTV/cable. Put up an antenna (you might even be able to get away with an indoor). Get the streaming service of your choice (like Vue or Sling) for $25-30/mo, and it'll almost certainly have all the channels you watch now (add HBO for $15/mo). No contracts, mystery fees, no receiver fees, no "broadcast TV" fees. Switch to a different service in less than 5 minutes if you find a better one (there's a few now with more on the way). 

NEW DIRECTTV DISH

So they installed DirectTV today.  Due to line of sight concerns, the put it in the middle of the wall on the south side of my house.  It looks really bad.  I need to hide it.  Ideas?
Mine is mounted on the side right next to my internet dish, but frankly, something needs to be done about that cable.

You see you got the power to turn back time,

The install he missed, let's go back and find.

The best place to put that dish on your house,

While at it you can choose that better spouse.

See, that's the power to turn back time......

I get the feeling that if he installed it like that, he probably didn't do a good job lining the dish up correctly either. I had a similar, but not nearly as bad, situation with a lazy installer when I first got DTV many years ago. I ended up waiting a few months and ended up having to pay to get them back out, move it up on the corner of my house, and line it up correctly. My signal would go out at the slightest hint of bad weather. I'd call and try to get that resolved immediately.

Sorry, I would throw a #### fit.  Demand them out there at my earliest convenience while making sure they

1)  fixed it to my satisfaction and paid for the fix 

2)  compensated me to my satisfaction

3)  got the local install manager out there to kiss my ### to my satisfaction or its going up the chain with prejudice.

On second thought, maybe the OP started a new job as a DirecTV installer and wanted our opinion on how he did. It would explain the drill still being there and the cable not being buried.  Also explains why he was "at work" during the install. 

Customer wasn't happy with your install location?

On second thought, maybe the OP started a new job as a DirecTV installer and wanted our opinion on how he did. It would explain the drill still being there and the cable not being buried.  Also explains why he was "at work" during the install. 

Customer wasn't happy with your install location?

Worst case is that the dish goes on a pole in the mulch and the wire goes underneath the siding.  Not good but better than that by 1000%.  

Get in that ### Larry.  

Users who are viewing this thread