What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

bank stuff (1 Viewer)

ok, let's try this:

you went into the bank to take out $106,000. they told you "no".

did they bother giving you an explanation as to why?

why does it matter? i want my money
non shtick answer: if you asked for cash, there's a very good chance the branch literally doesn't have that amount of money on hand to give to you. if you asked for a check, and they refused, then i'm guessing they offered you an explaination as to why or an alterative way to get these funds.

shtick: welp, sounds like you're boned. good luck with that lawsuit, and have a great night.

i have a stone cold exacta, its none of their business .  
i don't think they care why you want your money. matter of fact, i'm sure they don't.

literally, most banks don't have that much cash on hand to give out....even if you've been a customer for 22 years. you'd need to talk to a bank manager in advance to get that kind of money in cash so they can make arrangements to have it for you.

now, about this "stone cold exacta"......

How and in what format was the money deposited? Do you come in yesterday with a check from the National Bank or Zimbabwe for $106,000 and now are trying to withdrawal it today?

It seems unlikely there was a communication breakdown between yourself and the teller considering your detailed posts here.

so may i charge them too?
Here's how it works:

Banks (branches) receive cash about 2x per week. They try to keep an even balance in the vault (i.e. not too much, not too little) based on their projected cash-based needs. A bank will probably have more cash on hand on the 1st and 15th of the month, and around holidays or when tax refunds are issued. While the bank needs to keep enough cash on hand for upticks in expected transactions, they absolutely do not plan for six figure withdrawals on a random Thursday in July. Had you contacted the bank in advance, they would have had to order that cash from the nearest Federal Reserve Bank, and even that would have taken a day or more.  

Just FYI

Users who are viewing this thread