What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Its over, Donald Trump just gave the speech of his life (1 Viewer)

Garry Kasparov @Kasparov63
It’s Demagoguery 101: When you don’t have actual answers, exaggerate the problems with fear & hatred in order to blind people with emotion.

I'm not a Trump supporter, but this whole citing authority to prove the fact asserted on twitter is getting unreadable and is the mark of the completely devoid of original thought.  It should end.  

Thanks. 

Brian Williams: "The speech was delivered at a modified yell and slower than normal pace."  If Trump wins its because of Hillary, name recognition, and his family. Not today's speech.

Brian Williams: "The speech was delivered at a modified yell and slower than normal pace."  If Trump wins its because of Hillary, name recognition, and his family. Not today's speech.
THE BRIAN WILLIAMS???!!!!  HOLY COW HOW DO I FIX MYSELF NOW?   

Wait, he's fathered children with three different women?  Man, this guy is VIRILE!  He's the Travis Henry of presidential candidates!

Of course next week...

“When the people find that they can vote themselves money,
that will herald the end of the republic.” 

- Benjamin Franklin

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy.

• The earliest known attribution of this quote was December 9, 1951, in what appears to be an op-ed piece in The Daily Oklahoman under the byline Elmer T. Peterson, Elmer T. Peterson (9 December 1951). "This is the Hard Core of Freedom". Daily Oklahoman: p. 12A.. The quote has not been found in Tytler's work. It has also been attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville.

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy.

• The earliest known attribution of this quote was December 9, 1951, in what appears to be an op-ed piece in The Daily Oklahoman under the byline Elmer T. Peterson, Elmer T. Peterson (9 December 1951). "This is the Hard Core of Freedom". Daily Oklahoman: p. 12A.. The quote has not been found in Tytler's work. It has also been attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville.
Am I understanding this right?

Sounds like Vin Scully when he said you tell everyone there is free stuff and suddenly you don't have enough food. I'm paraphrasing a bit.  

I'm not a Trump supporter, but this whole citing authority to prove the fact asserted on twitter is getting unreadable and is the mark of the completely devoid of original thought.  It should end.  

Thanks. 
The King's Indian Defense is dead.  We get it.

His timing could have been better. 12:30 ET ending? His base of 65+ white people is fast asleep in the rocking chairs by then.

To be honest, the speech of his life is a pretty low bar to reach.
I've seen much better from him on the campaign trail like in Michigan at Ford Field(?)...his best speeches are going to come in the next couple months when he can get in front of 20,000 blood thirsty mob types and start flinging his electric poo in every direction. 

That's the Donald Trump we have grown to love. 

Fact is he produced record number of voters for the GOP, you cannot discount and just overlook that 1 stat, it's eye popping IMO. Very telling of what is happening away from where the cameras are rolling IMHO. 

Does this mean Tim isn't a Hillary supporter? 
Yes, and if you hum a few bars for him, he can fake it, too. 

Dear God, I rarely even wander into the Trump threads. Johnson all the way for me, since Paul dropped out of the primaries. It was Paul, Johnson, Rubio, Kasich, in likely that order.  I've hated this election cycle. Bringing out the worst in everybody, including the candidates themselves. 

Am I understanding this right?

Sounds like Vin Scully when he said you tell everyone there is free stuff and suddenly you don't have enough food. I'm paraphrasing a bit.  
That's the gist of it, but I was mainly refuting the misappropriation of the quote to Ben Franklin.  I don't know of a historical example of the quote being true.

If anyone missed it, the Trump speech had a little of this in it...

Listen to the way he talks himself up, then he starts rattling off cities just like Trump did tonight repeatedly in that speech. He talks up his money and material items, Trump did that tonight in a long video prior to Ivanka, total infomercial. 

Thanks. 
Now granted, I don't think that political discourse should be conducted in 140 characters or less, but this tweet could have come from Kim Kardashian or my neighbors parakeet and it still would have been true.

34223  12

2290 111

45555.         50009

808    1  1

33333333333333333333333 078793939371567474

.                2

7 2 3  3 9

88 2 113 9
:lmao:

You obviously learned nothing from the 2011 'Slaught-off in Wilkes Barre, PA. That was when HeavyMatt brought out the Blanchard Brigade ##### Slap(tm) on HawaiiianSlopes, who tried your lame ### attempt at a Dallas-To-Boise-By-Bus-For-Fun maneuvor that got creamed back in aught 7 at the worlds.

:lmao:

You obviously learned nothing from the 2011 'Slaught-off in Wilkes Barre, PA. That was when HeavyMatt brought out the Blanchard Brigade ##### Slap(tm) on HawaiiianSlopes, who tried your lame ### attempt at a Dallas-To-Boise-By-Bus-For-Fun maneuvor that got creamed back in aught 7 at the worlds.
This has Dingo Sheedy's fingerprints all over it.  Look, I respect Nicita's book as much as the next guy but we all know it is full of unfounded conclusions and speculation. 

What I posted was proven in the 2011 Euro Fest AND last year's vlog from Slappa1988 (backed up by Skinnytie¥€ YouTube channel).

just look

7790   7 000 1

690   0000000000000 01

23   23

0     3     56   71

That time he fired Busey AND Meatloaf in the same week even thought the rules said he only had to fire one was pretty damn good too.

Users who are viewing this thread