What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RIP former Cardinals', VIkings' HC Denny Green (1 Viewer)

Shocking news.  Living in Western, WI I heard him a lot when he was coaching the Vikings and I always felt he was a pretty darn good coach.  RIP Denny Green.

They were who we thought they were.

I am not a huge fan of minority hiring rules, but he was obviously ready to be a HC well before he was given an opportunity. Those Viking teams he brought back to relevancy certainly were fun to watch. The loss of that 15-1 team in OT was one of the bigger shocks I can remember and it's a shame he never quite made it to the big game but what a ride he gave them. You see so many re-tread coaches in the NFL and it's a shame he wasn't given more chances based on his career success.

A new sheriff just left town, and the town isn't any better without him to be sure. Crown him.

I remember the game Moss is talking about fondly.

Green Bays draft in 1999

1    25    Antuan Edwards        DB    
3    87    Mike McKenzie        DB                                                
3    94    Cletidus Hunt        DT                                                                    
4    133    Josh Bidwell        P        
4    131    Aaron Brooks        QB    
5    163    Craig Heimburger    G                                                    
5    159    De'Mond Parker        RB    
6    203    Scott Curry        T                                                            
6    196    Dee Miller        WR                                                                                    
7    213    Donald Driver        WR                        .    
7    212    Chris Akins        DB

Last edited by a moderator:
I always liked Denny.  He is defined by that one outburst but he put a lot of good teams on the field.  
What's funny is I don't think anybody looks down on Denny for that outburst. He was simply showing his passion and wasn't really lashing out in an angry tirade. He was just pissed they lost the game.

Users who are viewing this thread