What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Active Shooter in Munich (1 Viewer)

Swing 51

Footballguy
10 shot at [SIZE=11pt]Olympia-Einkaufzentrum[/SIZE] in area of[SIZE=11pt] Hanauer Str and Pelkovenstr.  Police are on the scene.[/SIZE]

I was just thinking yesterday that we were due for another shooting or mass attack. It had been a few days since the last one.

Obama about to address the Nation and once again call on the do nothing  congress to do something and ban assault weapons. 

But this can't happen in Germany. "The German system of gun control is among the most stringent in Europe.... In recent years, German gun-control law underwent several reforms that made it even more stringent."

https://www.loc.gov/law/help/firearms-control/germany.php

It's almost as if nut jobs aren't paying attention to gun laws no matter how stringent they are. I guess the only solution is to turn up the stringent.

But this can't happen in Germany. "The German system of gun control is among the most stringent in Europe.... In recent years, German gun-control law underwent several reforms that made it even more stringent."

https://www.loc.gov/law/help/firearms-control/germany.php

It's almost as if nut jobs aren't paying attention to gun laws no matter how stringent they are. I guess the only solution is to turn up the stringent.
Shhhhhhhhh.  You're ruining the rhetoric that gun control will actually leave any sort of lasting impression on the current state of our world.  

Weird.  Neighbor told us about it earlier so I checked on the local English speaking forum and nothing.  Should always check here first.

why was the person filming that particular corner?... had the guy already opened fire previously?
It was filmed by a german girl, being interviewed on local german radio right now. Just [un]lucky timing.

Updated: The gist of her interview about the video from another forum.

"It seems the girl went to a supermarket in the mall and heard shots from outside the mall. She went out made the video you saw of the shooter and saw dead people lying in front of the mall. Then she heard shots after that from the inside of the mall which seems to confirm that there are multiple attackers."

Last edited by a moderator:
BBC says multiple attacks with more than one shooter.
still early, so this isn't interended as a criticism, but online at BBC and it doesn't mention multiple shooters. Are you watching televised BBC?

At least one person has been killed - unconfirmed reports say the toll may be higher
Several people have been shot dead in a shooting at a shopping centre in the German city of Munich, police say.

A big operation is under way. Police are telling people to stay at home and avoid the streets.

Several people have also been injured at the shopping centre in the north-western Moosach district.

Reports speak of one attacker. Some shopworkers are reportedly unable to leave the building.

There is no information about a possible motive for the attack.

I'm sure it's not going through your mind when someone is shooting at you, but the last thing you want to do is pull a Rickon Stark & run straight.  Gotta zig zag, especially with something as inaccurate as a pistol.

If it's ISIS then McDonalds may have been a deliberate target- meaning this is an attack on us, the United States. 

While the reports of 2 or more shooters could be true in this instance, it seems like nearly every attack starts out with those reports, and then it turns out to be one guy. 

While the reports of 2 or more shooters could be true in this instance, it seems like nearly every attack starts out with those reports, and then it turns out to be one guy. 
The second shooter I am hearing of is in a different location.  Near the Stachus hotel,closer to the city center.

How have our world leaders not gotten together and devised a strategy to combat this?  No country is safe.  Our intelligence agencies must know where the terrorists are located and what the impact of sending troops in would mean.  I mean, there's got to be something that can be done.  Can't we support their countrymen who oppose them to rise up?  Are we really that powerless?  It sure feels that way.

From Washington Post twitter:

An employee inside the Munich mall said she saw a gunman open fire with what appeared to be an assault-style rifle

If it's ISIS then McDonalds may have been a deliberate target- meaning this is an attack on us, the United States. 
Quite the conclusion to jump to. Link? Joe says we need proof after the Baton Rouge thread. Let's see it.

The guy on the open deck is the shooter ?- they didn't just blast him as he walked in the open?
they = who? 

as far as I can tell from the video, there's nobody else in sight- the filmer is yelling at guy pacing by himself on the parking deck/roof.

Users who are viewing this thread