What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 Democratic National Convention thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

timschochet

Footballguy
Let's build bridges, not walls! 

Monday- Bernie, Michelle, Elizabeth

Tuesday- Joe, Bill

Wednesday- Barack, Tim

Thursday- Chelsea, Hillary

99% of those watching don't care, have no idea who she even is. 
They do now Tim. Don't try to downplay the emails that just leaked. It's a huge story, and everyone knows who she is now. You're delusional if you don't think that. The chair of these parties always speak at these things. It's an eyesore that she won't be there.

Tim, how do you feel about Michael Browns mom being given a speaking slot at this circus? 
I don't know because Ice never heard her speak. I've noticed that conservatives seem to want to harp on this. 

Wildbill, I don't want to make this issue a focal point of this thread because it's been discussed at length in other threads, but it is my firm conviction that Michael Brown was wrongfully killed by a police officer. 

Last edited by a moderator:
They do now Tim. Don't try to downplay the emails that just leaked. It's a huge story, and everyone knows who she is now. You're delusional if you don't think that. The chair of these parties always speak at these things. It's an eyesore that she won't be there.
Sorry it's a process story. The public won't give a flying ####. 

So mad that business takes me out of philly all week but for tomorrow. Curious what the protests outside of my office will look like. 

:"A Jew, an atheist and Debbie Wasserman Schultz walk into a bar in Philadelphia..."

- Erin O'Connor

Tuesday- Joe, Bill

Wednesday- Barack, Tim

:thumbup: All these Hillary posts finally paid off for you....good on you!  (No Ishida Bookstore plugging, please)

I don't know because Ice never heard her speak. I've noticed that conservatives seem to want to harp on this. 

Wildbill, I don't want to make this issue a focal point of this thread because it's been discussed at length in other threads, but it is my firm conviction that Michael Brown was wrongfully killed by a police officer. 
Your conviction and the facts don't align, once again. 

Tuesday- Joe, Bill

Wednesday- Barack, Tim

Those speakers are fine...the others...(Michael Browns mom and several of the movement. ..just a dumb idea)

Good lord Tim really?  :lmao:  The DOJ investigated it for a year and found it was justified.  

Snoop Dogg is going to be there along with Lady Gaga, DJ Jazzy Jeff, Katy Perry, Eva Longoria, Demi Lovato, Elizabeth Banks...those people can't hold a candle to Scott Baio.  Do celebrities actually help?  Who has ever thought if Lady Gaga is voting for Hillary Clinton by GOD am I voting for Hillary Clinton as well, because Lady Gaga knows what is right for this country?  

Now Scott Baio on the other hand has his #### together.  What about Ralph Mouth? 

This is all true except the last sentence, or at least in terms of it being significant. The Republicans just had a convention filled with absences whose significance goes way beyond DWS in terms of being eyesores and Trump still appears to be getting the standard 5-6 point bounce in the polls today.  If they put on a good show nobody is going to care about DWS in a week.

This is all true except the last sentence, or at least in terms of it being significant. The Republicans just had a convention filled with absences whose significance goes way beyond DWS in terms of being eyesores and Trump still appears to be getting the standard 5-6 point bounce in the polls today.  If they put on a good show nobody is going to care about DWS in a week.
I don't think they even have to put on a good show.  Dems won't care about this out of necessity...performance is the least of their concerns.  If anything, I am sure there will be more :deadhorse:  in the "Finally, I've been saying she needs to be gone for a long time" meme running through the party trying to distance her actions from Hillary and company.  She'll be thrown under the bus and run over many times in the next couple weeks until the news cycle shifts to something/someone else.

I hope people post about the Democratic Convention in this thread rather than one started by a Hillary hater that may have negative stuff in the updated thread title.

Snoop Dogg is going to be there along with Lady Gaga, DJ Jazzy Jeff, Katy Perry, Eva Longoria, Demi Lovato, Elizabeth Banks...those people can't hold a candle to Scott Baio.  Do celebrities actually help?  Who has ever thought if Lady Gaga is voting for Hillary Clinton by GOD am I voting for Hillary Clinton as well, because Lady Gaga knows what is right for this country?  

Now Scott Baio on the other hand has his #### together.  What about Ralph Mouth? 
:shrug:  We have a reality TV show star as a presidential candidate for one of our main political parties. 

sho nuff said:
You mean the one they dont handle, the secret service does...and did for the GOP convention too?
Oh, I know that the security walls are standard protocol for major events.  Philly had them up for the Pope's visit as well.  I just enjoy the humor of Sessions and nearly all the commenters (on a fairly non-partisan political site) tweaking people who are opposed to security walls but yet benefit from them.

Although, one commenter does raise a fair point:  "Conversely, even though they say guns don't kill, the GOPee is not allowing guns to attend their convention!"

Here's another recent classic example of wall tweaking:   Paul Nehlen at Paul Ryan’s Mansion: ‘Tear Down Your Wall’ If You Won’t Build One for the Country   :lmao:

So this kid is worried about her illegal parents being deported. Yea and? Am I supposed to feel sorry for her while they get free #### off the taxes I pay while they don't pay taxes? Cry me a ####### river. Become a citizen and you won't have to worry about it. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread