What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best of: Movie candy in a box...Drugstore box o'sugar (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
So you have you're normal candy in wrappers at the grocery store and most convenience stores. You know exactly what you are getting and how much of it. 

Then you have your box candy or movie theater candy which can be anything from M&Ms to say oh I dunno...Swedish Fish. When you enter Walgreens, these boxes of candy will typically be 3/$3 unless I'm sick and the display area is mismarked and I have to march back to the spot with the GM to honor the price...but hey I'm not one to hold a grudge. 

They like to put about 3 oz of candy in an 8 oz box, it's marketing like a bag of potato chips with a lot of empty air inside. 

Some entries in this section might include Mike and Ike, JuJuFruits, Whoppers, Snow Caps, basically most candy you don't see at the grocery store check out and let me give a clear warning...the typical candy like M&Ms tastes different in these boxes. I think mostly because it sits longer on the shelf for some reason, so if you vote for something that route be prepared to be labeled Schlitz Gay. 

Gobstoppers!!! 

Do you not see the weight of the contents labeled on the box? Did you not feel how light the box is when you picked it up?

Maybe a little look in the mirror is in order here.

I love Swedish fish , the knockoffs just aren't the same. If I'm putting crap in my mouth want quality

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure WTF we are doing in here or if this is supposed to be poll, but I usually grab Bottle Caps or Gobstoppers.  More bang for your $1. 

I love Swedish fish , the knockoffs just aren't the same. If I'm putting crap in mecI want quality
LOVE Swedish Fish, but hate it if they are hard.  I gotta have them in a bag so I can feel them up before I buy them so I know their soft.  Same goes for Red Vines. 

LOVE Swedish Fish, but hate it if they are hard.  I gotta have them in a bag so I can feel them up before I buy them so I know their soft.  Same goes for Red Vines. 
Hate Red vines if they are hard but love when Swedish fish gets a harder outer with soft inside

Same size box with less in it
Funny thing is that MOP is basically right when he says that the boxes of candy are half filled and a ploy at best.  The Swedish Fish bag is small, the Peanut M&Ms box just has a bag of M&Ms in it, but you have to know what you are buying and take a little personal responsibility rather than just throw blame every direction.

Peanut eminems
No good in those charity school like boxes. They either have to be in a king size bag or one of those 1 lb bags. The boxes for whatever reason do not taste the same, even the bag that they come in which you open and then pour into the box seems generic. 

I'm not knocking the choice , everybody is different but by the choice I'll guess you are 24-32?
I love some sour patch kids, and am 46. If I didn't have kids, I'd never eat them. But if they're in the house, I will destroy them. That sour citric acid powder is like crack.

I love some sour patch kids, and am 46. If I didn't have kids, I'd never eat them. But if they're in the house, I will destroy them. That sour citric acid powder is like crack.
Didn't think that the kids were the Trojan horse with sour patch kids . Very good point .

Really surprised at the sour patch love.  My kids love them, but I'm a more old fashioned swedish fish, goobers, raisinets, or dots man myself.

Users who are viewing this thread