What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Black Sabbath concert- worth it? (1 Viewer)

dutch

Footballguy
I may be in line to go to see Sabbath in August.  I've never been to one their shows and I'm looking at it as a chance to see a classic artist before they're gone.  Anyone seen them recently and if so how do they sound?  Just want to know that my trip to and from the venue(90 mins. each way) is worth to cost.

I saw them in Kansas City a few months ago and came away very impressed. Geezer and Tommy still have strong game. Ozzy hit the lyrics pretty well and only mildly looked like a zombie from the walking dead.  

I saw them in Kansas City a few months ago and came away very impressed. Geezer and Tommy still have strong game. Ozzy hit the lyrics pretty well and only mildly looked like a zombie from the walking dead.  
:lmao: I'd be disappointed if he didn't.  As long as he is wearing a shirt and not trotting arond in spandex, ala BLizzard of Oz era.

Going to see them August 17th at Jones Beach.

Want to see Ozzie one last time before he checks out - can't have too much time left.

Tom Servo said:
Go for it; you'll regret it if you don't.
Agreed.  The set-up is my SIL won a pair of tickets and my brother does not want to go so she opened up an invite on facebook.  I am on the list for now but she hasn't made her choice yet.  I'll pepper her with sweet talk in the coming days to try and boost my chances.

Going to see them August 17th at Jones Beach.

Want to see Ozzie one last time before he checks out - can't have too much time left.
You picked the best place to see them.  I love Jones Beach.  Great acoustics and great setting overall.

Wait a minute - it's only a 90 minute drive and you're worried about the cost? What do you drive? A dump truck?

Go to the show, throw up the horns, drink a few beers.  At the very least you'll have a good topic the next time you have to make small talk.

Does Dio tour with those guys?

Yes! I got both tickets.  Think I'm gonna bring my 14 year old son to his first concert.  Really looking forward to being there with him as the first chords of Iron Man begin to rumble.  I'm geeked!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting excited as is my son.  This isn't really his kind of music, you know, all olden timey and stuff, but he knows the legend of Ozzy and Sabbath and he thinks it's awesome(his word) that he's going to his first real concert with me.  That makes the trip worth it before we even leave.

Nice to see the reports of Ozzy's demise are premature.  Thanks for the feed back folks!

This Sunday, 7:00, Jiffy Lube Live for those that were wondering.

Great show!  If you're thinking of seeing Sabbath before they are gone, don't hesitate just do it.  The boys really brought it last night.  Iommi and Butler were pitch perfect and the drummer, Tommy Clufetos, killed it.  His solo set the place on fire.  O-Z-Z-Y has lost little something off his fastball but he can still hang.  His vocals are fine but his energy seems a tad low.  And while he's never been a light on his feet boogie machine he's doing the old man shuffle even more pronounced now.  Looks like my grandpa walking across the street.

The place was rocking all night with folks on their feet for the whole show.  And my son had a blast.  Got his first concert tee which he said he's not going to take off.  He commented that he loved seeing me smile so much.  I didn't realize he was watching me but with him there it made tonight that much more special.  He also learned something tonight as well:

Son: Dad, I think someone is smoking pot, I can smell it in the air

Me: You don''t say?  I think you're on to something. :D

Going to this show Tuesday in Holmdel.  Anyone have set times for this one?  Curious when Sabbath goes on.  Rival Sons worth seeing?

dal_boys_phan said:
Going to this show Tuesday in Holmdel.  Anyone have set times for this one?  Curious when Sabbath goes on.  Rival Sons worth seeing?
For Jiffy Lube, Rival SOns went from 7:30-8:20 or so.  Rival Sons was okay but nothing I need to dig into further.  Sabbath started on time around 8:40.  Their set was 90 minutes.  

1. Intro

2. Black Sabbath
    Fairies Wear Boots
  3. After Forever
  4. Into the Void
  5. Snowblind
  6. War Pigs
  7. Behind the Wall of Sleep
  8. (with 'Wasp' intro)
    N.I.B.
  9. (with 'Bassically' intro)
    Hand of Doom
  10. Rat Salad
  11. (with drum solo)
    Iron Man
  12. Dirty Women
  13. Children of the Grave
  14. Encore:
  15. Paranoid

Solid show.  Iommi was great on guitar (made sure to grab a seat on his side) and Ozzy wasn't as bad as I was expecting.  But $150 for 14 songs is a little rough - glad my lawn seat + upgrade less voucher got me there for $15.

Place was PACKED - not sure where they would have put another person (although they could have used my seat next to the offensive lineman sized young lady in Section 304 as I gave up quite early on that spot).

Thanks again for the timing info - made it to my seat just before Sabbath came on.

Users who are viewing this thread