What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Guess who bought me drinks tonight (1 Viewer)

fantasycurse42

Footballguy Jr.
meeting the wife tonight at a steakhouse. Got there at 545, pouring thunderstorms out here, pretty empty except a few peeps at the bar. Sat down next to this black dude, guy is shredded and covered in tats, but I didn't recognize him. Nice dood, started talking with him and bartender, had over an hour til the wife would be there. 

These two chicks walk in, one Indian the other Azians, both hot, soaking wet. They order the martinis right away. Black dood has this sick burger arrive and these chicks are asking how it is. I offer them a bite of his burger, we all laugh. 2 drinks later and the Indian is standing next to the black guy and the Asian is up next to me.  

Wife shows up half hour later (not the happiest of the surroundings, but she accepts and says we should sit down)... I pull out money and the black dood says I better put my money away. After some back and forth he basically demands paying for my drinks. 

About an hour later I notice they're all gone, my wife tells me the dood left with both chicks.

Guy played in NFL for 6 years, WR, from NY - who was he? Cool as ####.

"I didn't recognize him"

You didn't recognize Keith Oglesby in his street clothes?  Boy are you a loser.

At what point did you realize who it was.
When I sat down I didn't know who he was, but I figured he had to be an athlete or something. Shredded, tatted, laid back cool dood, he didn't fit the role of most guys that would be there, suit/tie banker types...

I've got a messed up finger on my hand and he asked me to put my hand flat down on the bar. He puts his down to show me he had a similar injury. He asked me if I played sports and then brings up that he broke his finger blocking someone on the Ravens. I was intrigued but I didn't want to seem over-enthused. At that point I asked him what his name was.

Last edited by a moderator:
83/1049/6 stat line, would have been good enough for WR #16 last year in PPR.

Of course, that was in 7 seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread