What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Priest Behaeded during Church attack in France (1 Viewer)

otb_lifer

Footballguy
LINK

hostage situation was in effect, both attackers reported dead 

Priest was 92 yrs. old

Update: was behaeded  Link  thanks to dfsguy

Last edited by a moderator:
Sooner or later, Le Pen is going to win office.

There comes a breaking point where even the tolerant will turn a blind eye to things. 

The article points out that the French anti-terrorism unit is handling the investigation so that answers that.

The idea of a church being attacked is harrowing, we ought to all be thankful far more people were not hurt.

Link to the priest being beheaded?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3708394/Two-men-armed-knives-people-hostage-French-church.html

Elderly priest, 86, is 'beheaded' by two ISIS knifemen shouting 'Daesh' after they took nuns and worshippers hostage at French church: Police shoot both attackers dead then search for bombs

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3708394/Two-men-armed-knives-people-hostage-French-church.html#ixzz4FW6onIfD
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Ok we have to do better - this link from Daily Mail and the other from BBC say the priest's throat was cut. Not the same thing, horrific and grisly and evil beyond words but let's be accurate here.
The clergyman, named as Jacques Hamel, is believed to have been beheaded during the attack while another hostage, believed to be a nun, is fighting for life in hospital.

The two attackers were 'neutralised' by marksmen as they emerged from the building, which is now being searched for explosives. French president Francois Hollande said France is 'at war' with ISIS while the terror group has claimed responsibility for the killing.

There were reports the attackers shouted 'Allahu Akbar' as they ran out of the church while at least one of the men was dressed in Islamic clothing

Neutralised :thumbup:

France might need to resurrect the Committee for Public Safety and see if they can send Robespierre out to round up these hooligans. 

You make it to 86 or 92 or however old this poor priest was and you think you are going to go out peacefully and your way but then you end up smashed to the ground and helpless while some maggot is pulling your head back to lop off...I'm sorry for the cruel image everyone but it upsets me that these reports are coming in at what seems a much faster pace lately in the Western Countries. 

Last night/2 nights ago there was a nightclub shooting in Ft Myers, FL but it was only 2 teenagers who ended up dead...look what I just wrote...that's where we are at now. What would have been a pretty big story a couple years ago doesn't even hardly make news or is the 5th/6th story down the page after so many heinous acts. 

-Paris attacks-hundred killed

-Nice and 84+ killed by a single runaway truck. 

-Orlando night club attack-50 dead

-Multiple cop shootings in places like Dallas and Baton Rouge

-Turkey Coup and the fallout

-Iraq has car bombs and worse almost weekly and nobody cares here but people are suffering hard over there. 

The clergyman, named as Jacques Hamel, is believed to have been beheaded during the attack while another hostage, believed to be a nun, is fighting for life in hospital.

The two attackers were 'neutralised' by marksmen as they emerged from the building, which is now being searched for explosives. French president Francois Hollande said France is 'at war' with ISIS while the terror group has claimed responsibility for the killing.

There were reports the attackers shouted 'Allahu Akbar' as they ran out of the church while at least one of the men was dressed in Islamic clothing

Neutralised :thumbup:
Yep, you're right, didn't see it on the phone, thanks.

Yeah the euphemisms. :no:

- eta - BBC makes no mention of this. Ugh.

From AFP news agency: @afp

#BREAKING Church attackers 'claimed to be from' Islamic State group: Hollande

What to make of what seems like a small attack in comparison to the large body counts in other more coordinated attacks. 

This is just my opinion but I believe it is becoming harder and harder for ISIS to not only buy and supply weapons that can do larger harm but also it seems they are having their communications disrupted a lot. 

In ways it's scarier because it seems there are random low level attacks where they take control of a church, horrible they kill anyone but it feels like the attacks are becoming more and more random. Forget Times Square, it's going to be the local church in your area that has very little if any security at all. 

What to make of what seems like a small attack in comparison to the large body counts in other more coordinated attacks. 

This is just my opinion but I believe it is becoming harder and harder for ISIS to not only buy and supply weapons that can do larger harm but also it seems they are having their communications disrupted a lot. 

In ways it's scarier because it seems there are random low level attacks where they take control of a church, horrible they kill anyone but it feels like the attacks are becoming more and more random. Forget Times Square, it's going to be the local church in your area that has very little if any security at all. 
All are scary...but these types do seem to be those that inflict a lot of fear. As in...can be hit anywhere.  AT a small town parade(not saying Nice is small) , at church, at Wal Mart of a club.

Just a terrible disgusting thing.

All are scary...but these types do seem to be those that inflict a lot of fear. As in...can be hit anywhere.  AT a small town parade(not saying Nice is small) , at church, at Wal Mart of a club.

Right, not to be suggestive but an attack in a Wal Mart which could do nothing to stop a couple of them armed with big weapons from marching in the store and taking control and doing terrible things to the customers.

Most of you know by now that the Bataclan in Paris incident, much was suppressed to the media and public but they mutilated a lot of the people they killed until they were finally taken out. I'm not going to print it but you can find it around the internet.  

this, and MoPs spin - spot on

Ministry of Pain said:
Most of you know by now that the Bataclan in Paris incident, much was suppressed to the media and public but they mutilated a lot of the people they killed until they were finally taken out. I'm not going to print it but you can find it around the internet.  
found it

thought I knew the whole story, but, hell no - ####### barbaric.

have an ex who is now teaching near Provence, and even she never let on about that (mutilation) aspect - though she has a colleague whose daughter was one of the massacred that night. 

sonofa#####

This all happened in the last 12 days in Europe:
14th July] - Tunisian Muslim massacres 84 (including ten children) by driving truck into Bastille Day crowds.
[16th July] - Moroccan Muslim stabs French mother and 3 daughters for wearing "shorts and t-shirts" at Alps resort. (8yr old daughter still on life-support with punctured-lung.)
[18th July] - Afghan Muslim launches axe and knife attack on train passengers in Wuerzburg.
[22nd July] - Iranian national shoots 10 dead in Munich.
[24th July, Afternoon] - Syrian Muslim hacks pregnant woman to death in Reutlingen.
[24th July, Evening] - Another Syrian Muslim migrant detonates suicide bomb in Ansbach.
[26th July] - Two Muslims butcher defenseless 92yr old French Priest in Normandy.

14th July] - Tunisian Muslim massacres 84 (including ten children) by driving truck into Bastille Day crowds.
[16th July] - Moroccan Muslim stabs French mother and 3 daughters for wearing "shorts and t-shirts" at Alps resort. (8yr old daughter still on life-support with punctured-lung.)
[18th July] - Afghan Muslim launches axe and knife attack on train passengers in Wuerzburg.
[24th July, Afternoon] - Syrian Muslim hacks pregnant woman to death in Reutlingen.
[24th July, Evening] - Another Syrian Muslim migrant detonates suicide bomb in Ansbach.
[26th July] - Two Muslims butcher defenseless 92yr old French Priest in Normandy.
Churches, public transportation, celebration events where crowds are spread and law enforcement thus is thin, pregnant woman, women and children...I don't know how you can stop this. Eventually the unthinkable but people won't leave their house and that impacts the economy.

Churches, public transportation, celebration events where crowds are spread and law enforcement thus is thin, pregnant woman, women and children...I don't know how you can stop this. Eventually the unthinkable but people won't leave their house and that impacts the economy.
Bomb all of Europe. 

Here's the problem:  being jailed for twice attempting to join ISIS in Syria. One time. That's it. Do it once and die. When are countries, including the US going to grow some balls and exterminate these savages. Jail? #### no, you die mother ####er.

Here's the problem:  being jailed for twice attempting to join ISIS in Syria. One time. That's it. Do it once and die. When are countries, including the US going to grow some balls and exterminate these savages. Jail? #### no, you die mother ####er.

So, we should institute the death penalty overseas now and run it for these other countries?

My heart aches for our European friends and their incompetent leadership. More Muslims flooding in as we speak.

They need to get tough and get tough FAST!

How do we win this kind of war? And don't tell me we win it by improving people's lives.

Ministry of Pain said:
France might need to resurrect the Committee for Public Safety and see if they can send Robespierre out to round up these hooligans. 
You know what happened to Robespierre, right?

So, we should institute the death penalty overseas now and run it for these other countries?
Ya got a problem with exterminating these cockroaches? If they had done what I just said, the priest would be alive and the cockroach would have never even been missed. 

What do you think the US has been doing for 15 years?

Maybe a different approach is appropriate. (I know this doesn't go with your schtick)

How a Danish Town Helped Young Muslims Turn Away from ISIS

Link and Aarslev are crime prevention officers. They usually deal with locals who are drawn to right-wing extremism, or gangs. The landscape of global terrorism was completely new to them. But they decided to take it on. And once they did, they wound up creating an unusual — and unusually successful — approach to combating radicalization. 

But the Danish police officers took a different approach: They made it clear to citizens of Denmark who had traveled to Syria that they were welcome to come home, and that when they did, they would receive help with going back to school, finding an apartment, meeting with a psychiatrist or a mentor, or whatever they needed to fully integrate back into society.

As they see it, coming down hard on young, radicalized Muslims will only make them angrier and more of a danger to society. Helping them is the only chance to keep an eye on them and also to keep the peace in their town.

Starting in 2012, 34 people went from Aarhus to Syria. As far as the police know, six were killed and 10 are still over there. Of the 18 who came back home, all showed up in Aarslev and Link's office, as did hundreds of other potential radicals in Aarhus — about 330 in total.

But the program is admired for another accomplishment: Since the initial exodus of young people, very few have left from Aarhus for Syria, even when traffic from the rest of Europe was spiking. Last year, in 2015, it was just one person.

Ya got a problem with exterminating these cockroaches? If they had done what I just said, the priest would be alive and the cockroach would have never even been missed. 
I have a problem with us using or forcing others to use capital punishment especially with little or no due process.

The problem is that Islam is an anarchist religion in that it doesn't have a hierarchy. Anyone can be an Imam (any man at least) and issue proclamations that the faithful are supposed to follow.

So maybe we start by assassinating the radical priests of Islam. Nobody seems to like my idea of stealing their meteorite until they promise to behave and turning the Middle East into the Plains of Armageddon is more of a reality than many of us want to admit.

Great idea!   All Muslims? Just the ones in France?  Women? Kids?  
So that is how you guys read 'exterminate them' (radicals who want to kill us). Ok. Did you even read what happened? The guy tried to join ISIS and instead of exterminating him, they let him execute a priest. 

I have a problem with us using or forcing others to use capital punishment especially with little or no due process.
But you will stand by and do zippo when one of them does the same to a priest. You have no answers. You are a HUGE part of the problem. If you were in charge, this would ever get better. You'd be too busy saying we need to educate these neanderthals and teach kindness as they cut your head off.

Users who are viewing this thread