What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why do I have to "Manage" everywhere I go? (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
Manage

/'manij/ verb

1. To be in charge of(company, establishment or undertaking); administer; run

2. Succeed in attaining one's aim, especially against heavy odds...

I think the definitions are very fitting.

I have been a big fan of Tommy Bahama for many years and some of you may remember the horrific fire of '06 when my wife in an attempt to save 50 cents per shirt decided to drop my Tommy Bahama collection at a cross town rival cleaner in Santa Monica, CA on the back of a Val-Pak coupon and the cleaners burned to the ground that night, all my Tommys went up in smoke, many were soon to be vintage classics. I have suffered from PTSD or Post Traumatic Shirt Disorder ever since. 

I established a relationship with a cleaner in my new town. One of those spots where you can press and get a shirt or an entire run of shirts back same day if you ask nice. They take special care with your clothes, they come back about perfect and you pay for it. My wife in celebration of her 10 year jihad anniversary against my Tommys found one with a mild stain I was waiting to take to my cleaners and she decided to put it in with her slop and drop it off at her cleaners where not only does she have a coupon but they take other people's coupons...that right there should be a red flag. 

Wife acts like she is doing me a favor and answers in the JLaw/American Hustle voice "You're Welcome" as she hands me the slip and says she had them remove the stain from my Tommy Bahama. I knew it was going to be bad but I get the clothes home and I take the plastic off and look right there...spot looks like it wasn't even touched. So now I have to go back there and educate these idiots on how to clean a shirt that was pointed out as having a spot when dropped off, they didn't put a piece of tape on it or nothing to alert the person later on there was a spot/stain. Then I won't be letting these idiots touch it again, I just want my money back, then take it to my place where they do a professional job. 

I love being married.

"Serenity Now" 

spot looks like it wasn't even touched
The idea of customer service does seem to have taken a dive. Stuff is made to break and they're really not helping you out. So you get your drink and your popcorn buttered yourself at the movies now. They put you in a line to get food and you have to pay a fee to get right to the counter.

What are you out?  A buck-fifty?  Two bucks?
Except it's silk so it's like double. It's not the  :moneybag:  you see? It's just that they charge  :moneybag:  for a service they don't actually provide, that's the part of the agreement I have a tough time with. Anyone can just take an order for service, it's actually fulfilling the order and what was paid for that seems to be an issue but something you however seem all to eager to let go or forgive. They prey upon folks like you in the community, it's actually built in to their bottom line projections under miscellaneous gifts. 

You're right and I'm not that mad, this was more of a walk down memory lane. 

Ok one more. My wife went and bought me a nice razor. Yeah I know whatever, I'm in a professional existence, life is stressful, she just wanted me to have a good shave. Ok, so it takes me a while to use it instead of my usual plastic razor. Finally after a month I pull it out, put it in the shower. I might have used it once (yeah it was a great shave, admittedly) but during the next couple days my wife is in the shower and she knocks the razor off the ledge (which is about shoulder high). It breaks at the handle. I hadn't realized what had happened, and for a while I just shaved with this nub. But after a while it starts to aggravate me. I bring it to this fancy store, I ask about getting a refund or a credit. The guy has to call the area manager and tells me to come back. I come back. He tells me that 'hey these kinds of razors are prone to breaking when dropped.' I'm like,  :o , what? Why would you sell something that you know is prone to breaking? The guy says hey ok but he has some good news for me, he can offer me a new razor. Not a refund? Not a credit? Just another razor prone to breaking? Yeah. So I take the razor, I'm like let's get out of here and I will just make sure the razor does not break. Guess what, very next week it naturally drops from my soapy hand and it - what else - breaks. I went on to write the company a letter, finally got a credit, etc., but it still pisses me off and cracks me up a the same time that here is this company selling a razor which they know will break. Ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok one more. My wife went and bought me a nice razor. Yeah I know whatever, I'm in a professional existence, life is stressful, she just wanted me to have a good shave. Ok, so it takes me a while to use it instead of my usual plastic razor. Finally after a month I pull it out, put it in the shower. I might have used it once (yeah it was a great shave, admittedly) but during the next couple days my wife is in the shower and she knocks the razor off the ledge (which is about shoulder high). It breaks at the handle. I hadn't realized what had happened, and for a while I just shaved with this nub. But after a while it starts to aggravate me. I bring it to this fancy store, I ask about getting a refund or a credit. The guy has to call the area manager and tells me to come back. I come back. He tells me that 'hey these kinds of razors are prone to breaking when dropped.' I'm like,  :o , what? Why would you sell something that you know is prone to breaking? The guy says hey ok but he has some good news for me, he can offer me a new razor. Not a refund? Not a credit? Just another razor prone to breaking? Yeah. So I take the razor, I'm like let's get out of here and I will just make sure the razor does not break. Guess what, very next week it naturally drops from my soapy hand and it - what else - breaks. I went on to write the company a letter, finally got a credit, etc., but it still pisses me off and cracks me up a the same time that here is this company selling a razor which they know will break. Ridiculous.
 Why in the heck would you buy a razor that you know will break if dropped, put it in a place that it is prone to drop from, then expect a different outcome than last time?  First one in them for selling a chitty product.  Second one is on you for being an idiot.  

I'm at the Cantina having a drink and I only order one, $4. I go to pay and the ditz comes and takes my $10 and brings me back $2 change...I say aren't the drinks $4 during happy hour and I get the oops ditz reply like she forgot...why is she allowed to charge different prices from what the establishment has on their menus in the first place?

I ask about it and it takes almost 5-10 minutes to get me the right change back...I got up and started for the door and the manager actually ran after me and begged me to take his card for a freebie but I said that's OK and left, likely won't be back. 

I'm at the Cantina having a drink and I only order one, $4. I go to pay and the ditz comes and takes my $10 and brings me back $2 change...I say aren't the drinks $4 during happy hour and I get the oops ditz reply like she forgot...why is she allowed to charge different prices from what the establishment has on their menus in the first place?

I ask about it and it takes almost 5-10 minutes to get me the right change back...I got up and started for the door and the manager actually ran after me and begged me to take his card for a freebie but I said that's OK and left, likely won't be back. 
Why didn't you take the freebie? If this really happened, you should have taken the manager's offer in good faith; it seems he was attempting to make right on a error one of his employees made.

If this manager truly exists, he's probably posting on MiamiResturantManagerGuys.com right now about the rude-### customer in the Affliction tee, with the straight billed, sideways oriented Heat ball cap and below-the-knee jorts, who refused to take his gracious offer of a free adult beverage after one of his servers made a small, but honest billing mistake.

Why in the heck would you buy a razor that you know will break if dropped, put it in a place that it is prone to drop from, then expect a different outcome than last time?  First one in them for selling a chitty product.  Second one is on you for being an idiot.  
My wife wasn't told it would break before she bought it. We were only told that when we brought it back.

The second time, where would you propose I shave? Options are: 1. sink (could drop on the floor), 2. shower (same), 3. tub (don't do bubble baths, thank you).  Am I supposed to go find a nice shag carpet to shave over perhaps?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why didn't you take the freebie? If this really happened, you should have taken the manager's offer in good faith; it seems he was attempting to make right on a error one of his employees made.

If this manager truly exists, he's probably posting on MiamiResturantManagerGuys.com right now about the rude-### customer in the Affliction tee, with the straight billed, sideways oriented Heat ball cap and below-the-knee jorts, who refused to take his gracious offer of a free adult beverage after one of his servers made a small, but honest billing mistake.
:lmao:

Seriously? I waited way too long, just open the register and give me my change. She had to call the manager over and after a while I started to feel like I had done something wrong, almost like I was stealing like a criminal so I just got up and left. The minute I did that suddenly like a car dealership they are running after to me to the parking lot...and the reason why is right now it's off season and every place in my area needs just about all the customers they can get to stay afloat until season starts in the winter. 

I thought I did the right thing turning him down, it wasn't like I wanted free, I simply wanted to pay what was on the advertised happy hour price for drinks. 

"If you run into an ####### in the morning, you ran into an #######. If you run into #######s all day, you're the #######." - Raylan Givens, Justified

My wife wasn't told it would break before she bought it. We were only told that when we brought it back.

The second time, where would you propose I shave? Options are: 1. sink (could drop on the floor), 2. shower (same), 3. tub (don't do bubble baths, thank you).  Am I supposed to go find a nice shag carpet to shave over perhaps?
Sounds like a bad razor, but I would think the sink is safe. I've shaved for a long time and I can honestly say that I've never dropped a razor on the floor. Maybe in the sink, but I usually don't drop it ever. In the shower I can see dropping it, although you may be a bit more clutzy that average thus the multiple drops.

I can't tell you the last time I dropped my razor?  Maybe bring it into the shower with you?  Do you have a history of dropping things?  Parkinson's?  

The new normal is you are paying these people because they are entitled to a job.  They don't do anything they just want to be paid. They aren't there to do anything for you except take your money.  Leave them alone.

Phil Elliott said:
The new normal is you are paying these people because they are entitled to a job.  They don't do anything they just want to be paid. They aren't there to do anything for you except take your money.  Leave them alone.
That's a horrible world you live in.

Husbands and wives having different laundromats? I didn't know this was a thing. 

Hell, my wife is my laundromat.

I feel sorry for your wife.
Why? She's actually pretty smart...

-She has me handling most of the laundry out of fear of her ruining my stuff.  

-She burns most food she tries to cook so I handle most of that as well. 

-I vacuum, I run most errands so she doesn't have to deal with the idiots, she's got me trained pretty good.   

-I vacuum, I run most errands so she doesn't have to deal with the idiots, she's got me trained pretty good.   
Everything in your life is a crisis, huh? 

SaintsInDome2006 said:
I started using a fancy razor because the plastic ones won't cut my wiry silver whiskers. I bought one that doesn't break though.

What's her secret? It better not be just sex, because none of us are having sex with you!

So her IQ is at least 148?

Users who are viewing this thread