What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official ** KODI ** streaming thread (tips, help, add ons, etc) (1 Viewer)

Wingnut

Footballguy
The only Kodi talk Im seeing is in the Cut The Cable thread, I figured we might could use a dedicated thread for tips, tricks, add on suggestions, troubleshooting, help, etc.

Im running a pretty basic setup on a Fire Stick, Ive got Exodus, Phoenix, SportsDevil, and Pro Sport installed at the moment. Ive only recently jumped into the streaming world, and just got it a little more than a week ago, and I absolutely LOVE it. Havent had many buffering/lag issues at all, which is surprising considering what Ive read. I just signed up on Trakt so I can have a watchlist and track which shows Ive watched, etc....pretty simple and it beats looking for my shows using search.

Im wondering what the best option for watching live NFL games is gonna be this season?

Whatchya got?

Last edited by a moderator:
I installed Beast Skin on Fire TV box. I like the ways it's setup, but want to see more British shows...

What's a good add-on for that?

:thumbup: Might have to look into doing that.
You don't even have to use a computer. Plug it into your TV, and follow directions from YouTube. Took me 15 minutes.

ETA: just search "install kodi fire stick without computer" on YouTube.

I have 3 firesticks and 1 firetv.  The Fire TV runs flawlessly on my 5 ghz network with Titanium.  I can't get the firesticks to run anything consistent that is HD or higher.  Stuttering.. Freezing... no audio... Happens a lot.  

I've tried setting the buffer, etc using this link http://www.tekto-kodi.com/kodi-how-to-tutorials/kodi-advanced-settings/

I've tried this.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7352LWcckc

At this point considering the Fire TV runs great on the same exact network, same exact TV, same exact feeds tested... I really think the RAM and CPU on the firestick just isn't strong enough...   Internet speed is around 30mbs... 

I have 3 firesticks and 1 firetv.  The Fire TV runs flawlessly on my 5 ghz network with Titanium.  I can't get the firesticks to run anything consistent that is HD or higher.  Stuttering.. Freezing... no audio... Happens a lot.  

I've tried setting the buffer, etc using this link http://www.tekto-kodi.com/kodi-how-to-tutorials/kodi-advanced-settings/

I've tried this.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7352LWcckc

At this point considering the Fire TV runs great on the same exact network, same exact TV, same exact feeds tested... I really think the RAM and CPU on the firestick just isn't strong enough...   Internet speed is around 30mbs... 
I had issues at 30mbs.  Get it up to 80 and you will be fine.

Pay da man.  (Up your wifi)

I have it on my Fire stick and Fire tablet. Every now and then I search for something, find streaming sources, but they time out when I try and get it streaming. Not very often...maybe 20% of the time? Usually I can find another working one quickly.

When I set this up, I followed the instructions that basically added ALL the available video add ons to it. Is it possible that I have too many things on there, and i should streamline it a bit? I tend to use "Stream All the Sources" as my primary one. No particular reason besides that the guy who walked me through the installation on Youtube seemed to say that was the best one. But maybe that was outdated...

I have 2 fire sticks on a 30 mbs and both of them run pretty flawless without much lag or buffering. There are exceptions here and there, but that is few and far between. Exodus and Channel One are my primary streaming apps, I don't even really mess with Phoenix, MuttsNutts, or Sports Devil any even though I have them installed.  I've been hearing more and more that the Fire TV gives you the best results with the least issues, but have yet to try it out for myself. Is it just as easy to install Kodi on Fire TV as it is on a fire stick?

Only reason I haven't cut the cable yet, is for live sports. Mainly NBA and NFL. Might consider it if some decent options come up.

I put kodi on a Raspberry pi 2, then installed Titanium.  Pretty happy with the outcome.  Would like to see more and better live streaming TV options, especially HD stuff.  Will have to wait and see how good it will be at getting football games. 

I have it on my Fire stick and Fire tablet. Every now and then I search for something, find streaming sources, but they time out when I try and get it streaming. Not very often...maybe 20% of the time? Usually I can find another working one quickly.

When I set this up, I followed the instructions that basically added ALL the available video add ons to it. Is it possible that I have too many things on there, and i should streamline it a bit? I tend to use "Stream All the Sources" as my primary one. No particular reason besides that the guy who walked me through the installation on Youtube seemed to say that was the best one. But maybe that was outdated...
I have Titanium installed on all my devices now which pretty much adds everything.  I planned on removing kodi on one and reinstal Kodi with JUST Exodus to see if I get the same issues trying to stream HD content.  

For anyone considering the options, the FIre TV really is a much better option.  Yes, it is more expensive, but you are getting 2x the memory, a better processor and better GPU.  Also gives you the ability to hardwire the device if you need as it has a network port.  

Im probably gonna get a box next month and use the Stick for when Im out of town for work. The first few days having the stick, I had buffering issues pretty much anytime I watched something on Kodi. I did the buffer adjustment thingy, and since I really havent seen any buffering unless I try to fast forward, like through a series opening sequence...so now I just let em play and no issues. Its strange though, watching anything on Amazon with the Stick (not in Kodi), I havent had a single freeze or buffer.

Rewatched the entire Eastbound and Down series this past week. GB Kenny Powers :lmao:

Oh, you mean like my Amazon Prime membership and $150/month Direct bill. Yeah.
I was joking.

FireTV>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Stick, clear cache and purge packages often.

Recommend the Titanium build.

Recommend Exodus best for TV shows and Movies

For live sports (NFL) your mileage may vary, the top 5 live sports channels according to Husham a month ago were:

SportsDevil, ZemTV, Pheonix/Cosmix, Castaway, VTSE

If you aren't using a build that automatically updates SportsDevil for you, you will have to do it manually as it doesn't update automatically.

RUSF18 said:
When I set this up, I followed the instructions that basically added ALL the available video add ons to it. Is it possible that I have too many things on there, and i should streamline it a bit?
I installed Titanium and I feel it's way too much.  I'm only using three or four programs/apps, I'd guess.

Also, I like looking at the "recent episodes" on Exodus, but WAAAY too often there's no links that work for the show.  I understand if it's an old show, but it's supposed to be brand new. Annoying.

I installed Titanium and I feel it's way too much.  I'm only using three or four programs/apps, I'd guess.

Also, I like looking at the "recent episodes" on Exodus, but WAAAY too often there's no links that work for the show.  I understand if it's an old show, but it's supposed to be brand new. Annoying.
In Recent Episodes the episode list is generated before it even airs some times.  Make sure the episode has actually aired, give it +1 day and if it's not there post the episode you looking at and I'll see if I am getting it.  There hasn't been anything I've ever looked for that wasn't there next day.

ETA:  I think I may have read your post wrong.  You are getting links and they aren't working?  Clear cache, purge packages, make sure your have hard drive space and adequate internet speed.  Make sure you have the most current version of Exodus.  Sometimes really popular shows are saturated with users the first day after it airs, but, after that I haven't had any problems.  

In Recent Episodes the episode list is generated before it even airs some times.  Make sure the episode has actually aired, give it +1 day and if it's not there post the episode you looking at and I'll see if I am getting it.  There hasn't been anything I've ever looked for that wasn't there next day.

ETA:  I think I may have read your post wrong.  You are getting links and they aren't working?  Clear cache, purge packages, make sure your have hard drive space and adequate internet speed.  Make sure you have the most current version of Exodus.  Sometimes really popular shows are saturated with users the first day after it airs, but, after that I haven't had any problems.  

Thing is, I'm not even looking to watch what is there, I am just browsing and something will catch my eye.  So it's not like I'm really going to search for it if they don't have it right there.

BTW, this is under "TV Shows" and then "Latest Episodes"... which seems like it's the most recent stuff uploaded to Exodus.  It doesn't refresh very often so I assume when it does, the stuff is there.   It isn't an issue with bandwidth or memory space.

See if it works for you, the last show I tried to watch was "Cyberwar- 1x04, Hacked By China"... it's like on the 4th row down on that page.  It says "No Streams Available" when I click it.  Same with the "Black Market 1x04, The Lean Scene", which is on the next line down.  

I'd say 30-40% of the shows I try on that page are like that.  Which sucks because a lot of the time I don't know what I want to watch and that is a good page for random ideas. 

I can't repeat this enough.  You need to get yourself a real debrid account.   It costs about 4 bucks a month.  There might be a trial membership.   Once you're signed up, see tip #2 to associate your account with exodus.  They'll now be multiple real debrid sources under each show which point to their servers.   Haven't found a show that hasn't worked and I watch a lot of shows.  Once you have exodus and real debrid you'll never need netflix or amazon prime or torrents again.

Thing is, I'm not even looking to watch what is there, I am just browsing and something will catch my eye.  So it's not like I'm really going to search for it if they don't have it right there.

BTW, this is under "TV Shows" and then "Latest Episodes"... which seems like it's the most recent stuff uploaded to Exodus.  It doesn't refresh very often so I assume when it does, the stuff is there.   It isn't an issue with bandwidth or memory space.

See if it works for you, the last show I tried to watch was "Cyberwar- 1x04, Hacked By China"... it's like on the 4th row down on that page.  It says "No Streams Available" when I click it.  Same with the "Black Market 1x04, The Lean Scene", which is on the next line down.  

I'd say 30-40% of the shows I try on that page are like that.  Which sucks because a lot of the time I don't know what I want to watch and that is a good page for random ideas. 
Nothing is uploaded to Exodus.  It scrapes the streaming sites for content.  The streaming sites often post information about shows ahead of time, and incorrect information like HD resolution, to attract traffic.  Nothing really that Exodus can do about that.

Black Market, for example, premiered on cable tv's Viceland on July 5th.  That would put episode 1x04 airing last night.  I suspect, and will try when I get home today, that it would be available today.  

I agree you aren't going to have a very good experience browsing like that  if you're expecting everything shown to be available.  It will be even worse with movies because a lot of the sites put in placeholders for movies new out in theaters even though there isn't any version on the street yet.  Unlike tv shows you don't know if it's going to be days or weeks until a brand new movie in theaters hits the street, and more often than not it's the cam version that shows up first, which I refuse to watch.

For TV shows I just use notepad on my phone to write down what shows I'm interested in along with their premier dates.  That way it's really easy to know for sure what dates to expect which episodes.  Then time shift yourself a few days and you'll be much happier.  

I can't repeat this enough.  You need to get yourself a real debrid account.   It costs about 4 bucks a month.  There might be a trial membership.   Once you're signed up, see tip #2 to associate your account with exodus.  They'll now be multiple real debrid sources under each show which point to their servers.   Haven't found a show that hasn't worked and I watch a lot of shows.  Once you have exodus and real debrid you'll never need netflix or amazon prime or torrents again.
Tip: tip #2 has a typo. Heres what it says:

Sync Real-Debrid to Exodus

• Hover over Exodus in your video add-ons > press menu > add-on settings > Accounts
  • Under the Trakt heading, click authorization
  • You will be prompted to go to the Real-Debrid website listed. Once there, you will sign in with your account and validate the Kodi Exodus add-on and in return, it will give you a code.
  • Return to Kodi and enter in the code you received!
for step 2, (bolded above), you need to scroll down and click authorization in the Real Debrid heading, not the trakt heading.

Wingnut said:
When I try to do this (copied form tip #2 above)

Sync Real-Debrid to Exodus

• Hover over Exodus in your video add-ons > press menu > add-on settings > Accounts
  • Under the Trakt heading, click authorization
  • You will be prompted to go to the Real-Debrid website listed. Once there, you will sign in with your account and validate the Kodi Exodus add-on and in return, it will give you a code.
  • Return to Kodi and enter in the code you received!
when I click the trakt  authorization box (bolded above), there is no prompt too go to the RD website. It tells me an account already exists (because I have a synced trakt account), and it asks if I wlant to reset.
I imagine it should read, "Under the Real Debrid heading". Its been a few months since I set it up.  I probably ran into the same issue when I was following this.

Yup, figured it out and edited my post already. I didnt buy a premium subscription yet, but theres a ton of RD links for movies and shows in my Exodus now.

Another thing to keep in mind, when I tried the free account, it worked great for watching The Hateful Eight with the free account.  Then the next day, I tried to watch Game of Thrones and it didn't work.  Turns out I had to start paying and then everything has worked great ever since.   So I have no idea when the free account doesn't work, but if you're using the free account and you run into issues with the real debrid sources not working, that's probably the problem.  Another thing, for some shows, it you click on one real debrid source, it will go through a few automatically before finding one that works.   I've never had an instance where it didn't find an HD link that works.

Another thing to keep in mind, when I tried the free account, it worked great for watching The Hateful Eight with the free account.  Then the next day, I tried to watch Game of Thrones and it didn't work.  Turns out I had to start paying and then everything has worked great ever since.   So I have no idea when the free account doesn't work, but if you're using the free account and you run into issues with the real debrid sources not working, that's probably the problem.  Another thing, for some shows, it you click on one real debrid source, it will go through a few automatically before finding one that works.   I've never had an instance where it didn't find an HD link that works.
:thumbup: Thanks man!

Saw something on the site that said free from 6am to 12am.   Based on a lot of the comments I read on one of the sites you linked, I'll probably pass on a subscription. 

Nothing is uploaded to Exodus.  It scrapes the streaming sites for content.  The streaming sites often post information about shows ahead of time, and incorrect information like HD resolution, to attract traffic.  Nothing really that Exodus can do about that.

Black Market, for example, premiered on cable tv's Viceland on July 5th.  That would put episode 1x04 airing last night.  I suspect, and will try when I get home today, that it would be available today.  

I agree you aren't going to have a very good experience browsing like that  if you're expecting everything shown to be available.  It will be even worse with movies because a lot of the sites put in placeholders for movies new out in theaters even though there isn't any version on the street yet.  Unlike tv shows you don't know if it's going to be days or weeks until a brand new movie in theaters hits the street, and more often than not it's the cam version that shows up first, which I refuse to watch.

For TV shows I just use notepad on my phone to write down what shows I'm interested in along with their premier dates.  That way it's really easy to know for sure what dates to expect which episodes.  Then time shift yourself a few days and you'll be much happier.  

I'm a long time torrent user and have no trouble finding and watching what I want to see.  When I don't know what I want to see, I like to look at recently uploaded stuff and try random things that sound good... or maybe catch up on something that I forgot about.  I guess I'll stick to trackers for that because Kodi isn't consistent enough.

Funny thing though.  My Kodi went to sleep on that "recent eps" page, and when it woke up, I thought I accidentally clicked on something trying to wake it up.  Then a 2 minute PREVIEW for that Lean/Syzurp episode of BlackMarket came on.  I checked the info on the ep (which still wouldn't play for me when I clicked it) and it showed it as 25 min... pretty wacky stuff. 

I'm a long time torrent user and have no trouble finding and watching what I want to see.  When I don't know what I want to see, I like to look at recently uploaded stuff and try random things that sound good... or maybe catch up on something that I forgot about.  I guess I'll stick to trackers for that because Kodi isn't consistent enough.

Funny thing though.  My Kodi went to sleep on that "recent eps" page, and when it woke up, I thought I accidentally clicked on something trying to wake it up.  Then a 2 minute PREVIEW for that Lean/Syzurp episode of BlackMarket came on.  I checked the info on the ep (which still wouldn't play for me when I clicked it) and it showed it as 25 min... pretty wacky stuff. 
You wont find much in torrents that isn't on Kodi, but hey it's ok to be stuck in the 00s, just protect yourself.

That wacky stuff was completely explained in my previous post.

Dumb question about Trakt:  To track shows you're currently watching and want the new shows to show up on your calendar do I add to watch-list or collection?

Dumb question about Trakt:  To track shows you're currently watching and want the new shows to show up on your calendar do I add to watch-list or collection?
I really have no idea what Trakt adds to exodus.  I never dug into it very much.  I add shows to the collection manager (I guess this trakt) but just as a shortcut instead of having to find the show again.  A watch list like feature would be nice.  I always liked that using sickbeard with newsgroup.  I'd be at my work computer and I'd get a notification in chrome that a new episode from show I didn't even realize had started again was downloaded. 

Users who are viewing this thread