What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

In your peak partying days, how long were you able to go? (1 Viewer)

Gachi

Footballguy
So this past weekend me and a few friends went to New Orleans. It's a semi-annual thing (we went last year around the same time) and we're most likely gonna go next year. 

I'm the only one who isn't a fraternity brother, actually I'm only friends with one them and I now the rest by association. They're pretty cool guys, they didn't make me feel like an "outsider" or anything like that.

Anywho, Friday night we go out and get wasted. I'm not a drinker, so I over do it and take a lot of tequila shots along with some other stuff. I tap out around 1:30 in the morning while the rest are still going strong. I stumble back to my hotel room and collapse .

Saturday night is basically the same thing, but I don't drink as much. I last a little longer, 2:30 am and once again the rest are still having a blast on the dance floor. I just couldn't keep up with those guys. 

I'm not a partier, never been. In college I never really did anything. Maybe my body just isn't used to doing that kind of thing. We're all around the same age (early to mid 20s), but they made me feel like I was middle-aged. Another thing they did was drink throughout the entire night, at every bar we went to they bought beers for everyone. The second night I probably had 4-5 beers along with hard liquor. I thought the point was to get drunk before going out, not getting drunker as the night goes on. Boy was I wrong..

So my question to you guys who are more familiar with the frat boy/party lifestyle: how long did you guys typically last? 2 am? 3 am? Longer? They told me they didn't get back to their hotel room until after 5 am. I was just like  :shock: . How's that even possible?? 

Last edited by a moderator:
5 or 6 years ago I could go till sunrise in Vegas....now, I'm lucky if I make it past 1AM. Nowadays I have zero desire to shut down a bar.

I remember one time cracking open a 40 oz beer and taking three shots of whiskey after I got off of work for a week off and the next memory I have is realizing I was late for work and ####faced.

"back in the day" it wasn't uncommon to make it into the small hours on a random weeknight. Weekends were consistently 2:00 minimum on Fri/Sat nights. I can remember more than a few times cracking a beer watching the sun come up.

Now? Midnight is a rager. And happens every other month at most. #oldguy

In the old days I could go 4 days sun down to sun up. Now I can go to about 1:00am and feel fine. I CAN go to about 3:00 AM but I will puke all day and be on the couch.

My body is still aching and it's almost Wednesday.

I don't see how people can do this every weekend. My liver has never worked this hard before. 

I'd say my longest bender was probably around 6 or 7 days.  At a certain point you just can't get anymore powder into your body without shoving it up your ### or smoking foilees.   Good times.

I thought I'd be reading legendary war stories in here. Typical for me was into the morning followed by breakfast on the odd night, typically most nights 230-430. Walking out into morning light was not that unusual. Every night had a place to go. As for longest bender, typically 96 hours over Mardi Gras nearly every year, Thursday through Sunday, relax on Monday resume Fat Tuesday, get swept off the street at midnight, Ash Wednesday next day. I think I'd still do it if I could get away with it. 

we were pretty wild up in Erie, Penn. 
There was this one time, we stayed up *way* past midnight.

I have always been a night owl.  I had really bad allergies growing up (hay fever, etc.) and pretty much lived on allergy meds.  

Those little red Sudafeds I was eating like candy were the kind they quit making all together because they were making meth out of it.

So yeah, I was drinking all night just to take the "edge" off - 120lbs of trouble.  

I rarely had hangovers when I was in my 20's.

Now that I'm in my 40's anything more than 5 drinks and I feel like #### the entire following day. 

As far as time is concerned, it's all about my current sleep schedule. If I've been sleeping in until 10 am for the past week, I can easily go past closing the bars. But of course I need to pace my drinks so I don't feel like #### the next day.

I'f I've been getting up at 7 AM for the past week, I'll be lucky to make it to 1 AM.

I was at URI for seven years living mostly in a fraternity house.  During the month of September,  we would have a rush party EVERY night of the week except Thursdays.  Thursday was bar night.  

The party would typically start around 10pm, and wind down around at 2:00. Usually it was with a sorority or two, and had a theme. Some of us would keep it going until daylight.  We would go entire weekends without leaving the house and just drink, smoke, and eat brownies and play video games.  

In my last year at college I moved down the line into a neighborhood and became very familiar with the walk of shame.  The problem was that being in a neighborhood,  when you would get home after 8am like I usually did, you would run into all kinds of weird situations.  Neighbors walking dogs and watering the lawn, garbage men, and school buses and bus stops were some of the more awkward encounters I had back then.  

To answer your original question I say yes.  I once went close to four days in a row without sleeping. I blacked out drunk in public places.  I dominated and got dominated in beer pong.  We had a seven foot bong.  Yes, just yes.

I was at URI for seven years living mostly in a fraternity house.  During the month of September,  we would have a rush party EVERY night of the week except Thursdays.  Thursday was bar night.  

The party would typically start around 10pm, and wind down around at 2:00. Usually it was with a sorority or two, and had a theme. Some of us would keep it going until daylight.  We would go entire weekends without leaving the house and just drink, smoke, and eat brownies and play video games.  

In my last year at college I moved down the line into a neighborhood and became very familiar with the walk of shame.  The problem was that being in a neighborhood,  when you would get home after 8am like I usually did, you would run into all kinds of weird situations.  Neighbors walking dogs and watering the lawn, garbage men, and school buses and bus stops were some of the more awkward encounters I had back then.  

To answer your original question I say yes.  I once went close to four days in a row without sleeping. I blacked out drunk in public places.  I dominated and got dominated in beer pong.  We had a seven foot bong.  Yes, just yes.

Bluto

I thought I'd be reading legendary war stories in here. Typical for me was into the morning followed by breakfast on the odd night, typically most nights 230-430. Walking out into morning light was not that unusual. Every night had a place to go. As for longest bender, typically 96 hours over Mardi Gras nearly every year, Thursday through Sunday, relax on Monday resume Fat Tuesday, get swept off the street at midnight, Ash Wednesday next day. I think I'd still do it if I could get away with it. 
Spring break trips to Panama City, Charleston SC, and Negril, and work incentive trips to Puerto Vallarta, Cancun, and Costa Rica. All involved being drunk for 4-5 days straight along with whatever the locals had to offer. Usually started around 9 am and went until 3-4 am with a few sunrises mixed in. Age at time was 19-24.

Bachelor party in Vegas went Thursday around 5 pm until Saturday midnight (I was tapped out physically and financially) with maybe 3 hours total sleep. In between there were probably 100+ alcoholic units consumed, many trees burned, and an oz of vitamin C between 6 guys, much of which was consumed off the bodies of Las Vegas' finest. Age 23.

Favorite bender, drove 24 straight hours from campus to San Antonio for Final Four, drinking and smoking blunts the whole way (rotated drivers so a few hours of napping). Got to SA and scalped our tickets for a grand each, had steaks, beers, a few clubs on the River Walk, then pointed the car towards New Orleans. Roll into to town at sunrise, pick up bottle of Jack at the gas station and relax by the pool all morning drinking. Hit Bourbon St by lunch time and barhop until tip off. Our team loses, we all raise hell, buy several hundred dollars worth of fauxcaine from a random on the street, throw chairs, visit scrip clubs, pass out. Twelve hours back to campus on Sunday, cap off the weekend at college bar drinking LITs until passed out around closing time. Age 20.

Some great memories. Dozens of more road trips, concerts, beach trips, etc that were similar. Typically involved drinking from wake up (usually 9-10 am) until pass out (3am -sunsrise). Rinse and repeat for 2-3 days. One of my few skills in life is endurance partying.

"You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning"

/csb

back in them thar heydays ... a couple days strictly boozin'

chuck in Bolivian party favors, and it could go for at least three days at times

no 'mellow' or  'nod squad'  crap for us ... pure freakin' speed demons 

The Preakness was always a good endurance test. Start around 7-8am and go through the entire day. Make it to the bars that night and you were one of the elite. Stay until last call and you were a monster. 

Days on end. No cool stories. Best I ever lit up was a Thursday-Sunday bender, all on my own, in an unsafe place, in an unsafe land. 

Had many better mini-nights along the way. No Vegas, No B'More, no capital cities nor Mardi Gras, just off and down the dirt beaten path.

I'm a bad mutha...   

Now a days I get drunk probably 8-10 times a year. Back in the day, I used to be able to accomplish this in a week. 

Used to play softball/drink 4 nights a week, no problems getting up for work and drank heavy all weekend   

Now a good Friday night and I'm done until Tuesday.  

You didn't build yourself up in college...not being a partier, as you said...in order to last long enough. I mean, while reading your post I expected you to say you were early to mid 30s, not early to mid 20s. 

And yeah, the point was to get drunk before you went out back when you were in college and broke. Older and with a little money in your pocket there's no sense in pounding drinks before you even go out. Of course you won't be able to hang long with that approach. 

You didn't build yourself up in college...not being a partier, as you said...in order to last long enough. I mean, while reading your post I expected you to say you were early to mid 30s, not early to mid 20s. 

And yeah, the point was to get drunk before you went out back when you were in college and broke. Older and with a little money in your pocket there's no sense in pounding drinks before you even go out. Of course you won't be able to hang long with that approach. 
Yeah, that part confused me.

Getting drunk before you go out should have been retired the same time you stopped carrying your keys on a shoelace around your neck. 

Getting drunk before you go out should have been retired the same time you stopped carrying your keys on a shoelace around your neck. 
meh .. up here i can get whacked anywhere from $8-$15 for a friggin' beer, shots and booze/cocktails in the higher bracket

depends which joints i hit, of course ... but dumping major coin to get a buzz ON is for suckers - has nothing to do with affordability, and everything to do with value 

:banned:

My body is still aching and it's almost Wednesday.

I don't see how people can do this every weekend. My liver has never worked this hard before. 
Drinking is no different than training for a sport, you have to be conditioned to last longer. You didn't put in the time during college like your friends did so you have a very limited base to build on. You're a lightweight, embrace being the DD.

meh .. up here i can get whacked anywhere from $8-$15 for a friggin' beer, shots and booze/cocktails in the higher bracket

depends which joints i hit, of course ... but dumping major coin to get a buzz ON is for suckers - has nothing to do with affordability, and everything to do with value 

Never gotten laid drinking at home before going out.  Next time it happens, I'll change my opinion.  

But to our OP here, the "value" is in actually being at the bar, and staying at the bar. So drinking beforehand is dumb for him.

Never gotten laid drinking at home before going out.  Next time it happens, I'll change my opinion.  
yeah, not saying i get totally ####faced at home, stumbling out the door and tripping over freakin' sidewalk cracks ... but enough of a damn good buzz that by the time i hit the club/joint/dive, etc my imbibing is maintenance, not HELL YEAH LET'S DO SHOTS!11!1 mode (which i think is more unbecoming to a more 'mature' gent)

Without sleep? Have done two nights a number of times with hard drugs and before that acid.

With a little sleep? Everyday for weeks at a stretch in my 20s and 30s.

Love the story of Keith Richards going nine days and nights. Six and seven nights multiple times. Im pretty sure I would die.

Boys golf trip every year, we make it to 3:00-4:00 am every night for 3 nights.  then its up at 7:00 am for 36 holes each day.  Spend all day drinking/smoking/golfing and then back to the cabin for BBQ and euchre until 3-4 am again.  We come back on Sunday and I could probably sleep until Tuesday.  wont touch a golf club or alcohol for a week minimum after that.  its rough but we tough it out.  time flies when you're having fun.  we're all in the 45-49 age range.

got to admit I don't like like hanging in bars until close, but I can go a long time drinking/smoking/whatever else while playing cards with long time friends.

I usually got pretty tired around 1...  I certainly made it longer than that but only if I was very moderately drinking...  alcohol really made me tired...  I was the person who would blackout and fall asleep in someone's car.

I'm blackout free for over 2 years now and intend to keep it that way.....  except I have my league's 20th year of running anniversary in Vegas this September... and that might be an occasion to go for it.

I've been going almost 30 years.  I just take longer and more frequent rest breaks these days.
This...  Last call in Memphis is 3am and it's not a problem at all, but at 40 next week, I'm starting to have to occasionally pay for it for a day sometimes.  Last business trip to Dallas a month ago, I closed down 4 restaurants/bars in one night (started at 4pm until city-wide last call at 2am)... and that was flying solo on a work trip. My first trip to vegas over a decade ago I was there 3 days 2 nights and I never went to bed... just ground 1/2NL during the very late/early hours, then showered and went back out to the strip for lunch/drinks. 

Memphis in May / BBQfest is a gauntlet these days... going hard noon till midnight for 3.5 days straight. This year we had IV's brought in for the last morning and it was a nice luxury/reboot.

Slowing down the frequency much moreso than the intensity these days. 

I went 24 hours once.  It was rough.  X and blow, but by hour 20 or so, the drugs don't help.  

Normally, I was done by 6 a.m.   Once the sun comes up, there wasn't much fun going on (this assumes just partying in your regular life, and not in Vegas).  

That was all drugs, tho.  People that can drink (only) for long stretches amaze me.  

In my 20's I did a whole weekend from Friday night to Sunday night/Monday morning and slept for 2 hours before I had to get up on Monday.  In my 30's I could do one full night but be dead tired the next day and not be able to be productive with anything.  Now in my 40's If I don't get to bed by about 4 I am useless for at least a full day if not two.

Bartending my way through college, plus being in a fraternity, meant up til past 3am every night, with classes the next morning.  Even if I wasn't working that night, I'd go hang out at the bar.  Being in the restaurant business, it's pretty standard that you're all going out after your shift.  You get a group of 6-10 all leaving work at 1-2am and heading to another bar with pockets full of cash, and you end up watching the sun come up many nights.  Did this from 18 - 25 pretty much and now I have a hard time falling asleep before 1am even without drinking.  I usually only get 3-5 hours of sleep a night as is.  

We had our Dynasty rookie draft on Saturday so after work I grabbed a case of beer and my dad came over with his own case of beer.  We started drinking and smoking bbq for the draft (20lbs of pork and 8lbs of briskett) at 5pm after work Friday, and we pulled the meat out at 4am.  We ended up staying up drinking til 8am when I had to wake my wife/kids up for my 4 year old's staking lessons.  We dropped our kids off with our inlaws and were down to 4 beers from Friday so we grabbed another case and two growlers for the draft.  Went to the pool after the draft and hung out there for awhile, then went back and played cards til about 2-3am when people started to fade.  I was still the last person awake, even without sleeping the night before.  That's the most I've drank in quite a while, as usually I like to keep it between 2 - 6 beers at night.  

But I can generally drink as much beer as I'd like without getting completely smashed.  Liquor is another story, as I tend to drink too fast and liquor sneaks up on me.  With beer I can easily control how far gone I get, or keep the buzz at the perfect level for as long as I'd like.  Too many times in college I was the designated driver, mainly cause I was never sleepy leaving the bars and never appeared drunk. 

I can dial it up for any night, and still go all night in my 30s, all the way til dawn.  But the recovery just isn't there. 

Two nights is basically max. By night three im hurting but can rally.   I used to go at it pretty good Thursday-Sunday in my 20s and college and monday-wed were lively. 

The only time I get really tested now is when you go away for a bachelor party for more than 2 days. 

But in my youth, would do week long stretches in Vegas, bedtime was usually between 10-1pm

Gachi said:
So my question to you guys who are more familiar with the frat boy/party lifestyle: how long did you guys typically last? 2 am? 3 am? Longer? They told me they didn't get back to their hotel room until after 5 am. I was just like  :shock: . How's that even possible?? 
Depended on the "party" I was at when I was younger.

There were quite a few Parties where I don't recall anything other then looking around and saying "Well, it must be later then we thought as the sun is coming up!!" :lol:

But there were also many other parties where I don't recall anything that happened after Midnight and waking up at home, in the back seat of a friends car or someones house.

And then there were a couple of times I woke up next to some girl who I had no idea of her name or what happened..   :oldunsure:  

And then there were a couple of times I woke up next to some girl who I had no idea of her name or what happened..   :oldunsure:  
Only had that happen once.  I remember having to sneak around the house looking for mail, to figure out where I was.  

I'm sure we used protection, and I'm sure I was a magnificent lover.  

Users who are viewing this thread