What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ft Walton Beach (1 Viewer)

Low cost, probably the best area of Florida, lots of stuff to do.  Downside would be hurricanes, tourists, and panhandle people. 
Like what?  We would be there for three years. 

How much is housing?  Currently live in a 3000 sqft, 4bdr, 3.5 bath, .25 acre home built in 2003 valued at ~$325K.

Live in Oklahoma so already have tornadoes, and thanks to fracking earthquakes, so hurricanes shouldn't a show stopper.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a bigtime redneck beach town, but you're close to Destin and Pensacola. Pcola has some decent action going on downtown and at the minor league stadium.

I lived in Niceville for 3 years while my dad was stationed at Eglin. Best 3 years I had growing up and by far my favorite place we were stationed. I'm envious. 

Lots of beach and camping stuff. Fsu isn't too far if you like college athletics. It's cheap to live here. No state income tax. Schools in that area aren't bad. 

Weird... I was just looking at FWB yesterday.  What's the nicest stretch of coast east and west of there in terms of living?

If you like the beach, fishing, etc, then no brainier.  Right into Destin and tons of restaurants etc.  3 hours or so to New Orleans and Tipsys BBQ.

I would be weary of the heavily touristy areas as it will be non stop parties during the summer.

Look at Navarre also.  My dad is looking to retire down to Pensacola in the future, so that's a thought also.  My recommendation is to take a weekend and fly down and drive the coast.  You will get a real quick idea of what is the touristy areas.

Pensacola is the only normal city there...otherwise it's very small country town or heavily touristy. My cousin commutes from downtown Pcola to Eglin.

It's gorgeous there.  Just got back.  But panhandle would be hard for me to live in.  Extremely touristy.  

Users who are viewing this thread