What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Minor Neighbor Issue--WWYD? (1 Viewer)

chet

Footballguy
We live in the city on a small street with lots of families and children.  A new neighbor moved in directly across from us about a year ago.  He's a nice guy--I'd met him before and we have a couple of mutual friends.  He's very social and is a good addition to the block.

He has a 4x4 with raised suspension and oversized wheels that he rarely drives.  He's gotten into the habit of parking it directly in front of our house and because he doesn't drive it regularly, it just sits there. He drove it over the weekend, and when he got back, he parked right in front of our house again.  Parking on the street is usually not a problem.  Other than it being a bit of an eyesore, this hasn't been an issue for me yet but it will when my wife gets back to town and isn't able to park in front of our house.

Would you say anything or leave it alone?  Like I said, he's a nice guy and I'd never say anything offensive.

Here's a pic of the truck taken from my front door.

Never understood the people who think they own the street in front of their house but Ive always been in the minority on that.

I wouldn't say anything because he isn't doing anything wrong that I can see.
That's probably true but I'm sure there's an ordinance about moving parked cars every so often but I am in no way thinking of going this route.

I'd want to know if my property was annoying someone on my block.

Anyway, I am heading out of town for a couple of weeks and if it's still there when I return, I will update accordingly.

If I got along with my neighbor, I'd jokingly say something like - "damn dude, move your truck would ya? with a laugh. Conveys a message but not in an aggressive manner.

any idea why he's not parking it in front of his own house?  mention that your wife typically parks in the spot he's taking.

my parents went through this with new neighbors taking the spot on the street in front of their house- but the spot my dad had used for 20 years because there was no parking on his house's side of the street (he had a 2 car garage, where my mom's car and his vintage not-for-daily-use-car lived). the neighbor acquiesced, but I always thought the whole thing was nuts.

any idea why he's not parking it in front of his own house?  mention that your wife typically parks in the spot he's taking.

my parents went through this with new neighbors taking the spot on the street in front of their house- but the spot my dad had used for 20 years because there was no parking on his house's side of the street (he had a 2 car garage, where my mom's car and his vintage not-for-daily-use-car lived). the neighbor acquiesced, but I always thought the whole thing was nuts.

Don't know other than maybe his wife asked him not to park it there.

You don't know the guy well enough that whatever you say will be taken the right way.
You could park something in front of your house- 2 pink scooters spaced far enough
apart so his truck is out of your view from inside.

Just start parking in front of his and get a set of Ferrari trailer balls that he has to look at every morning.

I would go buy three Beamers and park them in front of my house so I wouldn't have to look at a pickup truck. 

Last edited by a moderator:
You implied it. Otherwise, why would you say anything to him?
You inferred it but I didn't imply it.  I'd say something because we are neighbors and friends and I'd want to know if I were annoying him and could change it without causing myself any pain.

Common sense and courtesy says that you don't park your car in front of someone else's house.  At least in the suburbs.  And if you do, you say something first and make sure that its temporary.  

I can see a different story in a busy city.  

LOOK AT ME,  I HAVE A FRONT YARD IN A CITY!!...LOOK AT MY MANICURED BUSH AND WROUGHT ISLAND FENCE!!!! OH-LAA-LAA! KING IN THE CASTLE...KING IN THE CASTLE! GO DO THIS!.....KING IN THE CASTLE! 

is there parking allowed on both sides of the street (looks awfully narrow)? if not... of course he's going to park in front of your house.

Don't know what you were expecting or what you can tell from the pic.
I expected you living in a mansion with tons of space all around you and a three car driveway. Not in a brownstone with houses on top of each other and street parking.

I expected you living in a mansion with tons of space all around you and a three car driveway. Not in a brownstone with houses on top of each other and street parking.
clients of mine just put their brownstone on the market for 26mil. :shrug:  

It's in the middle of the city.  Even the $5mm+ houses are right beside each other.  I have a 2.5 car garage behind the house and 6000 square feet.  Plenty of space for us.

Chicago and Brooklyn, we get it, stop fighting over whose **** is bigger.

eta: or the bronx, whatever. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread