What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Looking to move from TMobile to Sprint, Verizon, or ATT.... (1 Viewer)

godgers12

Footballguy
Have been looking around for last couple days and ATT looks like the worst option (I am a directv customer not sure what that would get me) Sprint has buy one get one free on a new phone, and verizon has the trade in credits (which kind of suck but its something).

I will have 4 lines and need 3 new phones. anyone gone through this recently and can give some advice? 

I am fairly confident Verizon has the best service and coverage but hear Sprint would be just fine. Any help appreciated, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have tried to switch from T Mobile for the last decade, been with them over 15 years overall. Every time I end up staying. I get everything unlimited for $50 a month and the coverage is good in my area it seems. If I need a new phone they add about 20-25 a month to the bill if I don't buy it outright. No contract, it's tough to find the upside of the other main 3 competitors but...I'll be reading along. 

Big factor is where do you live? You near a major Metro or out in the boonies? Edit, okay I see you're near houston. If you're looking to save some money, you'll be fine with att or sprint really. If you travel much and money isn't a major factor, Verizon is definitely worth it.

have a love/hate relationship w/Sprint ...

currently  :wub:  

the service is top-notch, never had a problem with it, would rate solid A

tied myself into a reasonable enough plan for the gf and me ... unlimited everything for 53 bucks per  :shrug:

the hate aspect comes into play when we need new phones - used to be a significant discount w/renewal of 2 year plan, now it's full price, and done via installments - so that roughly 120 per month for service/tax/etc ( both lines combined) jumps up too much.

thankfully, we both own our phones now ... but we need upgrades, so it's a real ####### catch-22

have a love/hate relationship w/Sprint ...

currently  :wub:  

the service is top-notch, never had a problem with it, would rate solid A

tied myself into a reasonable enough plan for the gf and me ... unlimited everything for 53 bucks per  :shrug:

the hate aspect comes into play when we need new phones - used to be a significant discount w/renewal of 2 year plan, now it's full price, and done via installments - so that roughly 120 per month for service/tax/etc ( both lines combined) jumps up too much.

thankfully, we both own our phones now ... but we need upgrades, so it's a real ####### catch-22
Don't get the new hotness. Don't be a sucker.  

There is no catch-22.  

Get last year's model from Amazon for $250.  Getting the new phone Rent-A-Center style is some crap I cannot believe people fall for.  

Don't get the new hotness. Don't be a sucker.  

There is no catch-22.  

Get last year's model from Amazon for $250.  Getting the new phone Rent-A-Center style is some crap I cannot believe people fall for.  
oh, i hear ya on this  :thumbup:

gf's phone is 4 yrs old, and we got it on the old plan (cost roughly $100 w/renewal)

i, unfortunately, lost my iPhone during a drunken afternoon at the track, and had to replace asap ... ergo, i got sucked into that installment gig.

never again, and though we both need upgrades, we're holding off for now. 

certainly will not be going RAC this go 'round.

Some of this depends on the service in your area. I switched from Vz to T-mobile a couple years ago, and almost immediately switched to AT&T because of poor reception w/T-Mobile.

Been very happy with AT&T.

Check (Hulk)'s thread on mobile issues. He (and Others) will respond with advice.

Users who are viewing this thread