What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Great Things Can Happen If A Hotel Screws Up (1 Viewer)

chet

Footballguy
Today, for the second time in my life, I arrived at a hotel to find that a "delegation" had over stayed and the hotel didn't have a room for me even though I had a reservation. I walked into the Four Seasons in Geneva about two hours ago and found the guest services director and the director of rooms exceptionally apologetic and basically wanting to do anything in their power for me. 

Basically, they put me up at their cost at a Ritz Carleton next door.  Free dinner and drinks at their michelin star Italian restaurant tonight. Free night tomorrow.  They asked what else they could do and I told them I am returning in 10 days with my family.  Boom--they will take care of it and make it a memorable stay for us. Suite or adjoining rooms. 

Any FBGs in Geneva?

Today, for the second time in my life, I arrived at a hotel to find that a "delegation" had over stayed and the hotel didn't have a room for me even though I had a reservation. I walked into the Four Seasons in Geneva about two hours ago and found the guest services director and the director of rooms exceptionally apologetic and basically wanting to do anything in their power for me. 

Basically, they put me up at their cost at a Ritz Carleton next door.  Free dinner and drinks at their michelin star Italian restaurant tonight. Free night tomorrow.  They asked what else they could do and I told them I am returning in 10 days with my family.  Boom--they will take care of it and make it a memorable stay for us. Suite or adjoining rooms. 

Any FBGs in Geneva?
Crazy, this happened to me the last time I was in Geneva.  I just slept in my jet though.

I should say that the hotel didn't screw up--they can't control the actions of other guests. 

Last time I stayed at a Ritz Carlton some jerk parked his truck right outside my room and the hotel did nothing.  Will not be staying there again.

I had this same thing happen at a Motel 6 once. All I got was a prepackaged cookie and a slap on the ###.

Last edited by a moderator:

Any FBGs in Geneva?

only one michelin star? might as well be eating at Chilis...

Last edited by a moderator:

Any FBGs in Geneva?
:lmao:   never gets old!

Any FBGs in Geneva?

Just a jaunt away vacationing here at the in-laws in Akron, Ohio.  

Maybe we'll see you guys at the county fair!

I'm sure they were buying your future business. Now whenever you have a choice between a Four Seasons and a Ritz, you are more likely to go Four Seasons because of the great CS. You travel a ton (and I'm sure they saw this), so they are willing to spend a little to get a little more.

I'm sure they were buying your future business. Now whenever you have a choice between a Four Seasons and a Ritz, you are more likely to go Four Seasons because of the great CS. You travel a ton (and I'm sure they saw this), so they are willing to spend a little to get a little more.
Great post and bang on.  The Four Seasons is a great brand and I've can't think of a bad experience ever.

Great post and bang on.  The Four Seasons is a great brand and I've can't think of a bad experience ever.
Not to mention they were buying your advertising. You will be telling that story whenever the Four Seasons or Geneva comes up. Not a bad bit of PR.

Reminds me of a time about 10 years ago when I was staying at the Four Seasons in Toronto. I was playing online poker late night and was leaning back in one of their chairs with my left leg wrapped around the leg--I had been out for dinner and drinks with clients so I was "happy".  Of course, the chair broke and I twisted my knee. The concierge saw me limping through the lobby the next morning and asked what happened. I explained and he said he'd take care of it. I had no idea what he meant--I thought I'd have to cover the chair. -Next thing I know, I have three nights comped in one of their hitter suites over Xmas with my family. 

Great company. 

When I checked into the Plaza in Vegas in January, they didn't have any king bed rooms ready, so they put me in a Junior Suite, with a view of the top half of the Stratosphere if I  looked south. And of the Greyhound terminal if I looked down. 

:baller:

Lol...I was staying at the W New York.  My overnight guest took the do not disturb placard off the door when she left.  House keeping walked in and I was butt naked spread out on the bed...BAM free weekend, couldn't believe it.

Lol...I was staying at the W New York.  My overnight guest took the do not disturb placard off the door when she left.  House keeping walked in and I was butt naked spread out on the bed...BAM free weekend, couldn't believe it.
Wonder what the housekeepers got for the trauma! ;)

I passed through Geneva on my way to the Bilderburg conference in Sank Moritz in 2011. I actually stopped off at the Mallet House and Museum international de la Réforme to take a dump, and ended upgetting a corn dog. It was good.

see if they can make that guy parking a domestic truck in your nieghborhood disaappear bromigo take that to the there goes the neighborhood bank 

God, I hope this happens to us next week in London. Please please please...
Depends on where you're staying--it is the Arab summer and there are a ton of Arabs temporarily in London.  If they're supposed to leave and change their mind ...

Users who are viewing this thread