What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***PGA Championship Thread*** DJ keeping weekend free with Walker atop leaderboard (1 Viewer)

Peyton Marino

Footballguy
a reverse of the current leaderboard would probably make as much sense as it does in current form.  hopefully some of the big dogs come through today to make it to the weekend.

Great start for Phil today on 1  - OB to the left and then hits the creek on the right.

ETA - missed the creek but in a mess

Last edited by a moderator:
I give Rory credit for purposely missing the cut by bogeying 18, the easiest hole on the course. I know he wants to see some Irish guy fight in NYC tonight so no sense staying around for the weekend with no hope of winning.

He really needs a putting coach in the worst way. He really only needs to be an average putter but right now he is one of worst on tour.

McDowell went off on a baba booey derp. Finally. Would have been better if he had wrapped his driver around the guy's neck.

McDowell went off on a baba booey derp. Finally. Would have been better if he had wrapped his driver around the guy's neck.
Pretty bummed about the escalating rowdy "bro" attitude with golf crowds.  

Too bad these guys would get so sued it will prevent them from punching these ### holes.  

I don't understand why golf is not on TV this morning.  I figured for sure CBS sports network would have coverage but they are showing their rain delayed coverage from yesterday.  The PGA app is pretty good but I'd rather see complete coverage than just featured groups.  Check that, just heard TNT will have coverage at 9am.

The PGA really ####ed this tournament up by not sending out the players early yesterday so they could get the round in before the forecasted rain.  There is rain in forecast for today and tomorrow, who knows when this thing will end.

I don't understand why golf is not on TV this morning.  I figured for sure CBS sports network would have coverage but they are showing their rain delayed coverage from yesterday.  The PGA app is pretty good but I'd rather see complete coverage than just featured groups.  Check that, just heard TNT will have coverage at 9am.

The PGA really ####ed this tournament up by not sending out the players early yesterday so they could get the round in before the forecasted rain.  There is rain in forecast for today and tomorrow, who knows when this thing will end.
Thought I heard the golf channel would have the 8am hour until 9. Wasn't awake to catch it, but that's what they said yesterday.

Thought I heard the golf channel would have the 8am hour until 9. Wasn't awake to catch it, but that's what they said yesterday.
I flipped through TNT, CBS, CBSSN and the Golf Channel when I first woke up and nothing.  I can't complain about coverage coming on at 9am though.

Spieth with a nice shank on the Par 3

Baloney Sandwich said:
I saw an interview on CBS Sports channel with the head of the PGA and they asked him questions like that. His response was the forecast for Friday and Saturday were about the same, and Friday turned out great in the afternoon. They asked him about threes or maybe Fronts and Backs to speed things up, and his response was basically they could finish today if they get good weather (not expected) and they would have f'd up if they finished yesterday at 3 in nice Friday-like weather.

He also said they are ok with going into Monday, it's a major and it will have four rounds.

Baloney Sandwich said:
I flipped through TNT, CBS, CBSSN and the Golf Channel when I first woke up and nothing.  I can't complain about coverage coming on at 9am though.

Spieth with a nice shank on the Par 3
Yea you're right, it was featured group coverage online for the 8a hour.

TNT coverage is nice 

This is shaped up to be a great afternoon.  Two guys on the verge, the hottest player on the planet, and the best player ( and putter).

Going to be weird not having the leaders tee off together in the final pairing.  There isn't a huge time difference, you would think at least for the final few pairings they would have adjusted from the morning pairings.

Players allowed to play "preferred lies" (winter rules) due to the wet conditions today. Basically they can mark the ball, clean it and place it down within one club length of the mark.  Doesn't apply in  the rough. I think this is the first time they have allowed this in a major. Should be some crazy scores today. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to also know why there are brown spots on them. 
Most likely a combination of scalping and fungus kicking in. The root base at Baltusrol has been thin leading up to the tournament and consequently the bent/poa annua greens become "puffy." Double mowing and rolling wet grass places a great deal of stress, that coupled with the moisture is a perfect breeding ground for fungus to grow. :nerd:  

A lot of unexciting golf, but everyone is having trouble with the wet conditions and green speed.

Until Walker takes charge from the sand.

Players allowed to play "preferred lies" (winter rules) due to the wet conditions today. Basically they can mark the ball, clean it and place it down within one club length of the mark.  Doesn't apply in  the rough. I think this is the first time they have allowed this in a major. Should be some crazy scores today. 
I saw a ball in the fairway caked in mud.  I think it was the right decision.

Users who are viewing this thread