What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Get Well Soon GB Maurile Tremblay (2 Viewers)

Best poster on the forum. 

Not sure what the surgery is, hope it's not serious, get well soon GB. 

Oh wow--I had no idea that there was anything going on with Maurile's health.  I'll certainly pray for him and send my thoughts and prayers.  MT--I hope you get well soon  and I wish you a very speedy recovery!!

Probably the most respected poster here and for good reason. Take care GB and hope the surgery goes well and is successful. 

Thanks, everyone! I'll give the story as best I can.

Fifteen days ago I had a sharp pain in my lower right abdomen along with fever, headache, and general malaise. Nine days ago I went to the ER. They did a CT scan and checked me into a hospital room.

Skipping ahead a bit, it appears that I had a perforated colon that leaked into my abdominal cavity, causing infection and abscess. They were having a lot of trouble draining the abscess, but it appears to be finally draining okay now. The more important issue was: what caused the perforation? After several more CT scans and a colonoscopy, they're pretty sure the answer is colon cancer.

So I'm having surgery Tuesday to remove part of my colon. After that, I'm probably looking at chemo and radiation, but that will be figured out after the surgery.

I will probably make some funny posts on Tuesday night when I'm on drugs.

I'm emotionally fine with it all. Thanks for all your thoughts, prayers, and good wishes.

I'm scheduled for surgery on Tuesday to have part of my colon removed. I'm at peace with it: just between us, there are parts of my colon that I never much cared for anyway. -MT
:lol:

Sorry to hear, but hopefully it was caught early enough. 

As so many have written, you are one of the very finest people here. Best wishes for a full recovery. 

Yes, but all streaming sites (Netflix, HBO Go, YouTube, etc.) and most social media sites (everything but Facebook, as far as I can tell) are blocked.
Well wishes and good luck.

Why would hospitals block the things that patients would like to be more comfortable and take your mind away for a few minutes. I guess the idea that maybe some objectionable material might be on there but still.

Best of luck man

Whenever I tell my wife something I learned from the Internet that she doesnt believe, I usually start with "but MT said it and he is like, the smartest guy I iknow"

Users who are viewing this thread