What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Get Well Soon GB Maurile Tremblay (1 Viewer)

Good luck to a real good guy. 

It's obviously not a time for me to sound selfish, but I'm looking forward to reading some of your typically honest and intelligent thoughts about the whole process you go through as you beat this.

No pressure, though!  :)

Good luck and best wishes, MT. You are a respected and kind poster. I hope karma has a way, because you deserve the best of news.  

Good luck Maurile. My prayers will be with you. 

And don't worry about missing any the during the busiest part of the FF season. I'm sure that MOP can step right in and pick up the slack.

Thanks, everyone! I'll give the story as best I can.

Fifteen days ago I had a sharp pain in my lower right abdomen along with fever, headache, and general malaise. Nine days ago I went to the ER. They did a CT scan and checked me into a hospital room.

Skipping ahead a bit, it appears that I had a perforated colon that leaked into my abdominal cavity, causing infection and abscess. They were having a lot of trouble draining the abscess, but it appears to be finally draining okay now. The more important issue was: what caused the perforation? After several more CT scans and a colonoscopy, they're pretty sure the answer is colon cancer.

So I'm having surgery Tuesday to remove part of my colon. After that, I'm probably looking at chemo and radiation, but that will be figured out after the surgery.

I will probably make some funny posts on Tuesday night when I'm on drugs.

I'm emotionally fine with it all. Thanks for all your thoughts, prayers, and good wishes.
OMG, that's not minor surgery my friend. Everyone will have their words of best wishes but I echo everyone else. I have a profound respect for your ability to help people find information. You always take the time to back up your position or view. 

I will force myself to drink today in your honor and sincerely I send you my very best. MT, how old are you? You're too young to be getting this. 

I'll try and fire up a thread to make you laugh. I'm so sorry you're going thru this, I hope you make a full recovery. We love you MT, you hang in there and we'll all kick cancer in the nuts. 

Glad to hear they got this figured out and have a plan.  I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as you undergo treatment. Please reach out if you need anything, and if you need a consult at MD Anderson, let me know. 

Best of luck MT.

Too bad they're blocking the streaming sites. Would it help if we started a thread with 1 minute clips of your favorite movie? A couple hundred clicks and you'd be able to watch the whole thing.  :D

Get well soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maurile Tremblay said:

Fifteen days ago I had a sharp pain in my lower right abdomen along with fever, headache, and general malaise. Nine days ago I went to the ER. They did a CT scan and checked me into a hospital room.

Skipping ahead a bit, it appears that I had a perforated colon that leaked into my abdominal cavity, causing infection and abscess. They were having a lot of trouble draining the abscess, but it appears to be finally draining okay now. The more important issue was: what caused the perforation? After several more CT scans and a colonoscopy, they're pretty sure the answer is colon cancer.

So I'm having surgery Tuesday to remove part of my colon. After that, I'm probably looking at chemo and radiation, but that will be figured out after the surgery.

I'm emotionally fine with it all. Thanks for all your thoughts, prayers, and good wishes.
MT - I had a part of my colon removed last year - different scenario than yours (a bad case of diverticulitis that ended up with an abscess as you describe), but I may be able to provide you some insight as to diet and other parts of surgical recovery.  Can't speak to the Colon Cancer side of the equation, but hopefully they found everything early enough and onto a quick recovery.  

ETA: Do you know if they plan to re-attach the colon during surgery, or will you need a colostomy bag? After 8 months with a bag, I was just reconnected a couple weeks back, still homebound but healing up well.  Either way, hardly the end of the world, so if you have questions on that front if needed, let me know here or in PM.

So, we've gone from all single guys in our early 20's through marriages, kid talk, divorces and now we are at middle aged medical issues.  BTW, can we finally get that BINGO forum up and running? TIA 

Last edited by a moderator:
Maurile Tremblay said:
Yes, but all streaming sites (Netflix, HBO Go, YouTube, etc.) and most social media sites (everything but Facebook, as far as I can tell) are blocked.
Jerks! :D When my wife was in the hospital (twice) they blocked streaming sites between 9am and 9pm. I used a VPN to get around it. :ph34r: Guess I'll have to do the same during my short stay. Best of luck to you and get well soon. We need you Obi Wan!

Maurile Tremblay said:

Hey MT, keep a positive attitude. You'll get through this but don't push yourself too hard.

I've been there for prostrate cancer removal, radiation, hormone therapy - it sucks to go through it, but seriously, so much of the battle is mental. Losing strength and endurance through the radiation treatments, plus bone loss and emotional swings with chemo - it is tough, but you can do it!

One thing I wish I had done sooner was to get into physical therapy to rebuild my core strength. Once you have recovered, look into that, or at least get to the gym a few times a week, or a Pilates class to strengthen your core - because you're going to get irradiated about where I did, and your core muscles are going to lose strength.

Best wishes for a good recovery!

ILUVBEER99 said:
Ugh. Without a doubt one of the GOAT's of FBG's.
Agreed, first ballot FBG HOF.

But really any guy that has figured out how to beat roulette will beat cancer. Always bet on Tremblay.

Maurile Tremblay said:

Get well soon Maurile.

Users who are viewing this thread