What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Get Well Soon GB Maurile Tremblay (1 Viewer)

Wish I had something original to say. Just glad to hear things are going in a good direction and best wishes for what comes next.

Just wanted to say continued thoughts and best wishes to you.  Hopefully things continue to go in the right direction now that you are back home.  

I had my first chemotherapy treatment today, during which I wrote this:

I'm not saying that free Wi-Fi in the chemo room is the MOST important consideration when choosing an oncologist, but it's up there. Anyway, while I sit here receiving my first chemotherapy treatment, I begin to wonder what the big deal is. It really doesn't seem so bad. As the drugs enter me through a catheter placed into a port in my chest, I'm mostly just kicking back and surfing the Internet on my iPad. Now that I've been "doing chemo" for the better part of 45 minutes, I feel like I can speak with some authority when I tell you that the worst part of the entire process is probably the pop-up ads.

One question that this experience has caused me to contemplate, though, is: HAVE DOCTORS EVEN READ THE INTERNET?? A simple Google search reveals an abundance of cancer cures, many consisting of inexpensive herbal supplements, so why are my doctors unnecessarily pumping toxic (and likely carcinogenic!) chemotherapy drugs into my bloodstream? Because they have been brainwashed by pharmaceutical companies who hold lucrative patents on chemotherapy drugs, that's why! Blocked from publication in medical journals, information about successful cancer cures has been suppressed and effectively buried, available only to those with access to the first few pages of Google search results. This includes patients given free Wi-Fi, but not, apparently, the oncologists themselves.

I'm not saying that free Wi-Fi in the chemo room is the MOST important consideration when choosing an oncologist, but it's up there. Anyway, while I sit here receiving my first chemotherapy treatment, I begin to wonder what the big deal is. It really doesn't seem so bad. As the drugs enter me through a catheter placed into a port in my chest, I'm mostly just kicking back and surfing the Internet on my iPad. Now that I've been "doing chemo" for the better part of 45 minutes, I feel like I can speak with some authority when I tell you that the worst part of the entire process is probably the pop-up ads.

One question that this experience has caused me to contemplate, though, is: HAVE DOCTORS EVEN READ THE INTERNET?? A simple Google search reveals an abundance of cancer cures, many consisting of inexpensive herbal supplements, so why are my doctors unnecessarily pumping toxic (and likely carcinogenic!) chemotherapy drugs into my bloodstream? Because they have been brainwashed by pharmaceutical companies who hold lucrative patents on chemotherapy drugs, that's why! Blocked from publication in medical journals, information about successful cancer cures has been suppressed and effectively buried, available only to those with access to the first few pages of Google search results. This includes patients given free Wi-Fi, but not, apparently, the oncologists themselves.
My neighbor is an anti-vaxxer and thinks that cancer has been cured several times.  He thinks that big pharma is colluding with all of the oncologists.  It's infuriating.

That's the crap shoot with chemo. I'm glad I had no choice based on my stage and #s but there are many stage I folks who have to make the decision to do it or not. That's the only good thing about being a more advanced stage for me is I didn't have to decide, decision was clear. Not to say chemo worked and cancer won't come back, if it ever left, but like I said, it's a crap shoot. All you can do is hope it worked and any side effects are minimal and go away. I'm still waiting on that.

Best wishes to you MT. Hope the chemo side effects will be minimal for you. xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh, you're getting the fancy smancy new chemo they give nowadays.  If you had gotten chemo in the early 90's, you'd be sick as a mother####er and not able to post about it because, 1 you're sick as #### and 2, the internet was in its infancy so there would be no place to post.

Good luck MT!

Eh, you're getting the fancy smancy new chemo they give nowadays.  If you had gotten chemo in the early 90's, you'd be sick as a mother####er and not able to post about it because, 1 you're sick as #### and 2, the internet was in its infancy so there would be no place to post.

Good luck MT!
The advancement really is in the meds they have nowadays to combat chemo SE's like nausea/vomitting. I went through 3 before I found the one, and the one that worked well wasn't an rx- it was Zantac. Everyone's body reacts differently, but a healthy heaping of humour and great attitude is 1/2 the battle no matter what- which MT obviously has. :)

The advancement really is in the meds they have nowadays to combat chemo SE's like nausea/vomitting. I went through 3 before I found the one, and the one that worked well wasn't an rx- it was Zantac. Everyone's body reacts differently, but a healthy heaping of humour and great attitude is 1/2 the battle no matter what- which MT obviously has. :)
Marinol!

chet said:
My neighbor is an anti-vaxxer and thinks that cancer has been cured several times.  He thinks that big pharma is colluding with all of the oncologists.  It's infuriating.
A number of my Facebook friends apparently think the same thing and interpreted my post as agreeing with them. They're all wonderful people. Without making them feel like their views were the butt of my joke, I don't know how to point out that I was in fact eliminating the entire roulette wheel.

Maurile Tremblay said:

I would do everything possible to kill the cancer. Take the herbal supplement too. I did.

A number of my Facebook friends apparently think the same thing and interpreted my post as agreeing with them. They're all wonderful people. Without making them feel like their views were the butt of my joke, I don't know how to point out that I was in fact eliminating the entire roulette wheel.
Blame it on temporary psychosis from the evil chemo drugs.

So, moral of the story is #### cancer, hoorah WiFi?

Hard to imagine how we got along without you MT. 

Oh, wait, we haven't. So let's not be selfish here. You have minions awaiting your healthy return GB so get on with the heal heal and kick cancer in the nuts (just avoid ball cancer - we see what that did to Marshall Faulk's career)

So let's get to the important stuff: are your rankings in the Draft Dominator being kept up to date? Because I'm not sure how much weight to give your rankings before I do my next draft. Also, are you experiencing any "chemo fog"? Because that could affect how much I trust your rankings as well.

TIA

The last projections (and rankings) I submitted were on Sunday. I didn't do an update Monday. I will do an extensive one today. No chemo fog yet that I can discern (though maybe the chemo fog is rendering me unable to accurately observe effects such as chemo fog).

Get well, MT.  Always enjoy your insight in any topic.  You're an intelligent, classy guy and we need to keep you around a bit longer.

I'm generally feeling okay. Tired all the time. Occasionally somewhat nauseous. Really not so different from how a person feels after finishing a whole pepperoni pizza from Domino's and then needing to take a nap ... so actually kind of decadent in a way.

completely missed this- so sorry to hear, MT- but happy to see you're facing it with bravery and humor. I'll continue to wish you the best as you go through this.

but getting back to the chemo fog rankings...

I'm done with chemo, which is a tremendous relief. I won't know whether the cancer has been eradicated until I get some kind of imaging scan. I'm at an increased risk of recurrence for the next few years. Some of the chemo side effects are still with me, and may never go away. I'll just try to get used to them. Nothing too horrible -- as an example, I have constant tingling (and a bit of numbness) in my fingers and toes, making it harder than normal to type or to open jars or twist-off bottle caps. But those complaints are incredibly minor in the grand scheme of things. On the whole, I'm feeling very lucky and good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm done with chemo, which is a tremendous relief. I won't know whether the cancer has been eradicated until I get some kind of imaging scan. I'm at an increased risk of recurrence for the next few years. Some of the chemo side effects are still with me, and may never go away. I'll just try to get used to them. Nothing too horrible -- as an example, I have constant tingling (and a bit of numbness) in my fingers and toes, making it harder than normal to type or to open jars or twist-off bottle caps. But those complaints are incredibly minor in the grand scheme of things. On the whole, I'm feeling very lucky and good.
Good to hear. 

Hang in there

Users who are viewing this thread