What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Get Well Soon GB Maurile Tremblay (1 Viewer)

Great news...stay positive and best of health to you. This is a better place with you here...

Last edited by a moderator:
A quick health update (cross-posted to Facebook):

It was close to a year ago that a cancerous tumor broke through my colon wall, partially invaded my abdominal cavity, and infected my blood stream. My wonderful surgeon cut the tumor out of me, taking a bit of my large intestine with it for good measure. This saved my life, but must have been a ghastly hardship for my surgeon and the other healthcare workers who were so mercilessly exposed to my colon. As punishment for putting them through the ordeal, I was sentenced to six months of chemotherapy. I served the full term and figure that the medical community and I are now basically even.

Fast-forward to the present. I had a PET scan a couple weeks ago and got the results last week: I'm cancer-free. It's the result I was expecting, but my oncologist seemed a lot more relieved than I thought he should be. Apparently, based on my tumor's disposition when I was first diagnosed, my risk for recurrence within the first year was much greater than I'd realized. I'm still at an increased risk for the next few years, but I'm feeling lucky. Lucky to be alive, lucky for my recent clean imaging scan, and lucky to have such supportive family and friends.

I hope you're all having a terrific summer!

It was close to a year ago that a cancerous tumor broke through my colon wall, partially invaded my abdominal cavity, and infected my blood stream. My wonderful surgeon cut the tumor out of me, taking a bit of my large intestine with it for good measure. This saved my life, but must have been a ghastly hardship for my surgeon and the other healthcare workers who were so mercilessly exposed to my colon. As punishment for putting them through the ordeal, I was sentenced to six months of chemotherapy. I served the full term and figure that the medical community and I are now basically even.

Fast-forward to the present. I had a PET scan a couple weeks ago and got the results last week: I'm cancer-free. It's the result I was expecting, but my oncologist seemed a lot more relieved than I thought he should be. Apparently, based on my tumor's disposition when I was first diagnosed, my risk for recurrence within the first year was much greater than I'd realized. I'm still at an increased risk for the next few years, but I'm feeling lucky. Lucky to be alive, lucky for my recent clean imaging scan, and lucky to have such supportive family and friends.

Awesome!! Glad you throat punched cancer MT! :thumbup:

#### Yeah!!

I know we don't agree on much a lot of times, but I'm so glad that you're cancer free.  Congratulations on the great result and you and your family have a great summer too!

How do you feel?

I'm always terrified when threads like this get bumped.  Glad everything is working out great for you.

Awesome update, but I never doubted you, MT. If anyone has the right mindset to successfully battle the C, it's you.  Congrats though, you a tough mofo. 

How do you feel?
I feel very good. In about the second month of chemo, a lot of my vitals and other measurements kind of went nuts: blood sugar up near 400, blood pressure around 170/110, very high cholesterol (especially LDL), extremely elevated liver enzymes ... it was pretty crazy. I was prescribed a bunch of medications that I didn't want to take (and generally didn't except for metformin).

All that stuff is returning to normal now -- finally. I'm back to fasting blood sugar in the mid 80s, blood pressure around 115/75, liver enzymes much improved as of a couple months ago but not quite back to normal. (I suspect they're normal now, but I don't have the latest results yet. Cholesterol won't be tested again until September.)

Subjectively, I feel like my overall health is better than it's been in a long time. My endurance (judging by bike rides) is better now than it was just before my diagnosis. My strength is still way down, but I'm improving fairly quickly. (After finishing chemo, I could do almost two full push-ups without resting. Now a few months later, I can do 20. Not breaking any world records, but going in the right direction.) My feet are still a bit numb and tingly (but improving) while my hands are about 98% back to normal. I don't really have much to complain about in terms of how I feel.

I've been extremely active the last couple months -- running, walking, biking, swimming, hiking, doing calisthenics ... generally moving around for a few hours a day, pretty much every day. And I've been eating very clean. It feels like it's paying off.

I don't want to get into the details--but for me--today has been one of those crazy, toxic, stressful days where nothing went my way.  When I saw your thread bumped initially--I have to be honest--I was fearing the worst based on how the rest of my day was going.  When I read this--all of the toxicity and negativity of my day immediately disappeared and was replaced with gratefulness and joy. Thank you for that--and thank you for making this place the great place that it is with your hard work and presence. Congrats on the fantastic news--and congrats on your new disciplined and healthy lifestyle!!  

Good for you, MT.  Happy to hear things have gone well for you.

God bless.

I'm always terrified when threads like this get bumped.  Glad everything is working out great for you.
So very much this... 

Man....  I'm REALLY glad you're well, MT. This forum (and this world) is a much much MUCH better place with you in it. Glad you're gonna stick around for a bit longer. 

Cheers, buddy 

Such awesome news GB. Congrats a million times over. 

As our diet guru, what do you mean by clean eating?  What approach are you taking these days?

And out of curiosity, do you believe your previous diet had anything to do with the cancer developing in the first place?  Always wonder about this...

Such awesome news GB. Congrats a million times over. 

As our diet guru, what do you mean by clean eating?  What approach are you taking these days?

And out of curiosity, do you believe your previous diet had anything to do with the cancer developing in the first place?  Always wonder about this...
Pretty much the opposite of what you consume gb.

Such fantastic news Maurile!  I am so, so happy for you. From all indications, you have faced this ordeal with such outstanding courage and good humor. So impressive. Best of luck to you as you continue to recover from your treatments and I hope life brings you much joy in the many years to come. 

Users who are viewing this thread