What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 Subscriber Contest - live scoring in first post (1 Viewer)

I just created the pricing and sent to Doug.  We will have the staff try to break it (and comment on toughness / bad pricing) through COB tomorrow.  We remain on schedule to have live on Wednesday.  

BTW, This might be the toughest pricing I have ever done.  I used my projections, PPR draftlist, staff expert rankings as rankings inputs and then tweaked prices based on bye weeks (early carries a premium / later a discount).   

Last edited by a moderator:
David Dodds said:
I just created the pricing and sent to Doug.  We will have the staff try to break it (and comment on toughness / bad pricing) through COB tomorrow.  We remain on schedule to have live on Wednesday.  

BTW, This might be the toughest pricing I have ever done.  I used my projections, PPR draftlist, staff expert rankings as rankings inputs and then tweaked prices based on bye weeks (early carries a premium / later a discount).   
Look forward to the challenge, as always!

No rules changes this year I assume?

David,

The subscriber contest is one of my favorite parts of being a member of the site. I think you and your team do an excellent job with the contest. If I had to say there was one thing that would make the content more interesting is if the contest was more inclusive with the depth/breadth of the players listed. By this I mean that it usually is the case that there are some intriguing players that don't make the list but emerge as potential point scorers at some point after August 3. Again this is a small matter and likely has unintended consequences but just wanted to give you my two cents. Thank you.  

Excellent!  Looking forward to spending a month optimizing this only to lose again in week12.  I love it.  Maybe this year is the year.

Who ended up in the money last year?

To Mr. Dodds, I didn't win last year so clearly last year was more difficult. I full expect that you will be able to correctly price everything so that I am able to steamroll the rest of these suckers and chumps.

Thank you for the effort and great work that you and the rest of the staff puts in. Also, good luck to everyone else. ***Had to hide these kind words so it didn't ruin my tough guy rep around here.*** [\spoiller]

Got knocked out by 3 pts in week 12 last season :(  

Looking forward to seeing how far I get this time around!

FUBAR said:
:yes:   lots of excitement for a few weeks of fun followed by drastic disappointment as the toys break.  But the underwear remains!
I am excited I missed making the finals by 2.9 points in week 13. 

Did everyone get paid out from last year?  Still haven't received my prize yet, do you know how to claim it?

Did everyone get paid out from last year?  Still haven't received my prize yet, do you know how to claim it?
We mailed out multiple emails notifying the winners.  Just send me a note at doods@footballguys.com.  Alert me if the email is different from what was registered at the contest.

bruin98 said:
David,

The subscriber contest is one of my favorite parts of being a member of the site. I think you and your team do an excellent job with the contest. If I had to say there was one thing that would make the content more interesting is if the contest was more inclusive with the depth/breadth of the players listed. By this I mean that it usually is the case that there are some intriguing players that don't make the list but emerge as potential point scorers at some point after August 3. Again this is a small matter and likely has unintended consequences but just wanted to give you my two cents. Thank you.  

This is a catch-22.  By including super deep rosters, a couple of really low-cost fliers then get 90+% owned.  This actually takes away from the skill component in my eyes as you don't have to sacrifice to get some top players.  Because we release the salaries this early, some of those players are going to happen anyway.  But I prefer not to go super deep with lists making more of these situations available.

David. Thank you for the reply to my note. I knew there were some unintended consequences of having a more inclusive list. Your rationale makes sense and I agree with it. 

Entry submitted.  I got $38 left, and I actually feel good about my squad.  The trick will be to not mess with it until the last days.

I've usually gone with a roster around 24-26, but I think this year I am going to settle in around 20-22.  I don't see a whole lot of values in the mid priced players so I have mostly studs and fliers.  

First Swipe:

QB - Tom Brady - NE/9 - $15
QB - Tyrod Taylor - BUF/10 - $11
RB - LeVeon Bell - PIT/8 - $27
RB - Giovani Bernard - CIN/9 - $18
RB - Matt Jones - WAS/9 - $18
RB - Ameer Abdullah - DET/10 - $13
RB - Keith Marshall - WAS/9 - $4
WR - Amari Cooper - OAK/10 - $21
WR - Donte Moncrief - IND/10 - $18
WR - DeSean Jackson - WAS/9 - $14
WR - Marvin Jones - DET/10 - $12
WR - Travis Benjamin - SD/11 - $11
WR - Michael Thomas - NO/5 - $9
TE - Rob Gronkowski - NE/9 - $30
TE - Eric Ebron - DET/10 - $10
TE - Niles Paul - WAS/9 - $2
PK - Dustin Hopkins - WAS/9 - $3
PK - Greg Zuerlein - LA/8 - $3
PK - Nick Folk - NYJ/11 - $2
TD - Houston Texans - HOU/9 - $5
TD - Tennessee Titans - TEN/13 - $2
TD - Cleveland Browns - CLE/13 - $2

Probably has bye week issues looking at it

First Swipe:

QB - Tom Brady - NE/9 - $15
QB - Tyrod Taylor - BUF/10 - $11
RB - LeVeon Bell - PIT/8 - $27
RB - Giovani Bernard - CIN/9 - $18
RB - Matt Jones - WAS/9 - $18
RB - Ameer Abdullah - DET/10 - $13
RB - Keith Marshall - WAS/9 - $4
WR - Amari Cooper - OAK/10 - $21
WR - Donte Moncrief - IND/10 - $18
WR - DeSean Jackson - WAS/9 - $14
WR - Marvin Jones - DET/10 - $12
WR - Travis Benjamin - SD/11 - $11
TE - Rob Gronkowski - NE/9 - $30
TE - Eric Ebron - DET/10 - $10
TE - Niles Paul - WAS/9 - $2
PK - Greg Zuerlein - LA/8 - $3
PK - Nick Folk - NYJ/11 - $2
TD - Houston Texans - HOU/9 - $5
TD - Tennessee Titans - TEN/13 - $2
TD - Cleveland Browns - CLE/13 - $2

Probably has bye week issues looking at it
Weeks 9 and 10 you're running pretty tight to the minimums. 

I can definitely tell the bye weeks made a big difference on pricing.  First thing I did was go through and just pick everyone who jumped out as a huge value to me and it turned out basically half my team had a week 11 bye.  

Prior to the injuries piling up, I've got 2 each at RB/WR/TE that are the greatest values that will be on every iteration of my lineup if I didn't lock in the winner already.

Some of the pricing on the guys with late buys is really good.  Too good to pass up.

Only saw two guys on the entire board where I thought they were way too low  (huge values).  In other words, the pricing is really really tough.

Here's my first pass:

QB - Eli Manning - NYG/8 - $16
QB - Jameis Winston - TB/6 - $14
RB - David Johnson - ARI/9 - $30
RB - Duke Johnson - CLE/13 - $18
RB - Arian Foster - MIA/8 - $12
RB - Isaiah Crowell - CLE/13 - $10
RB - Chris Thompson - WAS/9 - $7
RB - Chris Johnson - ARI/9 - $4
WR - A.J. Green - CIN/9 - $30
WR - Demaryius Thomas - DEN/11 - $21
WR - Larry Fitzgerald - ARI/9 - $18
WR - Sterling Shepard - NYG/8 - $11
WR - Devin Funchess - CAR/7 - $6
TE - Gary Barnidge - CLE/13 - $12
TE - Ladarius Green - PIT/8 - $12
TE - Clive Walford - OAK/10 - $6
PK - Connor Barth - NO/5 - $3
TD - Washington Redskins - WAS/9 - $4
TD - Tampa Bay Buccaneers - TB/6 - $4

Week 9 looks like it could kill me, will probably be back at the drawing board multiple times

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my first pass:

QB - Eli Manning - NYG/8 - $16
QB - Jameis Winston - TB/6 - $14
RB - David Johnson - ARI/9 - $30
RB - Duke Johnson - CLE/13 - $18
RB - Arian Foster - MIA/8 - $12
RB - Isaiah Crowell - CLE/13 - $10
RB - Chris Thompson - WAS/9 - $7
RB - Chris Johnson - ARI/9 - $4
WR - A.J. Green - CIN/9 - $30
WR - Demaryius Thomas - DEN/11 - $21
WR - Larry Fitzgerald - ARI/9 - $18
WR - Sterling Shepard - NYG/8 - $11
WR - Devin Funchess - CAR/7 - $6
TE - Gary Barnidge - CLE/13 - $12
TE - Ladarius Green - PIT/8 - $12
TE - Clive Walford - OAK/10 - $6
PK - Connor Barth - NO/5 - $3
TD - Washington Redskins - WAS/9 - $4
TD - Tampa Bay Buccaneers - TB/6 - $4

Week 9 looks like it could kill me, will probably be back at the drawing board multiple times
Bit of a cheap skate with those K and D. 

Users who are viewing this thread