What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best episode of a tv show (1 Viewer)

bostonfred

Footballguy
Breaking bad ozymandias gets the love but i say the one with the broken plate.  

Game of thrones i like ned's head over red wedding, hardhome and b of the bs

Mash colonel blake goes home

Seinfeld master of my domain over delores et al

How i met your mother slapsgiving over dopplegangers

Doctor who blink

The A Team where they got BA to fly.

The episode of Gilligan's Island where they almost got off the Island.

Saved by the Bell:  "I'm so excited!!"

Best of Both Worlds Part 1 - Star Trek TNG

Hush - Buffy

Pine Barrens - Sopranos

Post Partum - The Shield

War With Out End Parts 1 and 2 - Babylon 5

33 - Battlestar Galactica

The City on the Edge of Forever - Star Trek

I know I'm in an extreme minority but my favorite BB episode was "Full Measure" and I'd take that over Ozymandias by a lot.

GoT I liked Red Wedding, BotB, and Winds of Winter all more than Ned's.

What happened in full measure?
Season 3 finale where...

They are going to kill Walt and he offers to turn-in Jesse, but then Walt uses the phone call to quickly tell Jesse he will have to kill Gale to save him.  "It's going to have to be you".  Fade out on Jesse's shaking trigger pull.

Season 3 finale where...

They are going to kill Walt and he offers to turn-in Jesse, but then Walt uses the phone call to quickly tell Jesse he will have to kill Gale to save him.  "It's going to have to be you".  Fade out on Jesse's shaking trigger pull.
Ok, that was a great episode 

Boy Meets World - skiing episode

Fresh Prince - basketball episode

Fresh Prince - billiards episode

Step by Step - billiards episode

Ending of the Bob Newhart Show.
The final episode of the 80s "Newhart" was spectacular.

I'll put in a vote for "The Deception Verification" for Big Bang Theory. One of the themes is that Howard injests a large amount of estrogen via something related to his mother and begins to act more feminine. The best scene in the episode is where Howard has Raj over to ask some female related assistance. (https://youtu.be/ybBTPvghbTA) Speechless Bernadette is great. It was the first episode my mother had ever seen, and it nearly brought her to tears. 

Ozymandius

in the shadow of two gunmen pt 1 

sit down, have a seat

full measure

in the shadow of two gunmen pt 2

two cathedrals 

Cheers: "The Proposal", Season 5 opener where Sam proposes to Diane

Parks And Recreation: "Flu Season", early Season 3, flu outbreak in Pawnee doesn't stop Leslie from getting corporate support for the Harvest Festival

Family Ties: "A, My Name Is Alex", Alex struggles with the death of Greg

Veronica Mars: "A Trip To The Dentist", episode right before Season 1 finale that ties together several characters and storylines, sets up finale

Friday Night Lights: "Thanksgiving", Season 4 finale were East Dillon finally gets to play the Panthers, Thanksgiving dinner at the Taylor house

Homicide: Life On The Street: "A Doll's Eyes", Season 4 episode where a mall shooting leaves a kid brain-dead, Pembleton and Bayliss track down shooter... seems routine, but IMO the episode handled the struggle of the kid's parents really well, and showed how the job affects Frank and Tim

Most point to Ecotone or Everybody's Waiting for best Six Feet Under episodes. Being a rebel, I would probably lean I'm Sorry, I'm Lost or Falling Into Place. Those two in sequence being as heavy as anything I've seen.

Agree about Two Cathedrals as best West Wing. That's probably close to unanimous.

I always liked:

Good Times - "damn, Damn, DAMNNN!!!!!"  very well done and sad.

What's Happening -  "NO ROGER, NO RERUN, NO RENT" was gripping and topical.

Happy Days - The Christmas one where Fonzie keeps telling the Cunninghams that he's going to visit relatives when in reality he has noone and is content to just sit in the garage and eat a can of beans heated over a hotplate. 

That Frasier episode where Niles kept passing out from seeing blood while trying to get ready for a date...that was pretty funny

Seinfeld: The Jimmy tied with The Marine Biologist

Big Bang Theory: Can't remember the episode names but it's another tie for me, between the Physics Bowl and when Penny plays Halo--"Look Sheldon, it's raining you!"

Friends: The one where they're all getting dressed up to somewhere and Ross stresses out about it to the point he almost has to drink the fat.

"Reality" TV show-wise, the double-episode of Fast 'n Loud when they build the 77 Trans Am from Smokey and the Bandit.

Users who are viewing this thread