What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Unlimited likes have runied community reputation (1 Viewer)

St. Louis Bob

Footballguy
Our board's ombudsman, Mr. Pickles, has 1890 likes while a nobody like Frostillicus has 5223.  It wasn't always this way.  I think the only logical and equitable thing to do is a complete reset and limit likes to three a day. 

I'd like to suggest a weighted like system, as well. Let's say we take your idea of 3 likes a day, and make one of those likes worth 3 likes, another worth 2, and another worth 1. I'd also like the ability to change these like weights at the end of the day, if needed, in case I ascribe a 3 to someone at lunch, but then a superior post appears later in the evening.

This doesn't even begin to address the issue of the circular likes in the home improvement and bitcoin threads.

While we're at all of this, can we get the heart icon off of the like button?  I mean, I like you guys, but not that much.

I will give 10 likes to each member that clicks the ban button on StL Bob.

I'll show you for trying to get rid of our unlimited likes.

Our board's ombudsman, Mr. Pickles, has 1890 likes while a nobody like Frostillicus has 5223.  It wasn't always this way.  I think the only logical and equitable thing to do is a complete reset and limit likes to three a day. 
I think someone is being a baby because their likes to posts ratio is a measly 9.5%.  On RottenTomatoes.com, you would be considered ROTTEN! ;)

If you were rockin' at 11.8% then I might be able to take you seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes and reply notifications suck.  

It used to be that if you made an awesome post in a thread you'd go back to see if anyone replied, and keep the awesome thread going.  Now if you dont see a like or reply notification you know tim ruined the thread and everyone is talking about some inane #### that nobody really cares about.

It used to be that internet arguments could die.  But now you get a reply notification the moment someone quotes you, which just amps up the bickering.  Oh my ####### ####, donkeydong94192 quoted me? What did he say?  WHAT DID HE SAY?  Wait, are you even kidding me right now?  I wrote like twelve sentences of pure gold and he just said rolleyes?  #### that guy. I'm going to rip him to internet pieces. I can't leave that rolleyes out there.  Everyone must see that I won this argument.  

It was a good idea, it didnt work. End the experiment.  

It used to be that if you made an awesome post in a thread you'd go back to see if anyone replied, and keep the awesome thread going.  Now if you dont see a like or reply notification you know tim ruined the thread and everyone is talking about some inane #### that nobody really cares about.

It used to be that internet arguments could die.  But now you get a reply notification the moment someone quotes you, which just amps up the bickering.  Oh my ####### ####, donkeydong94192 quoted me? What did he say?  WHAT DID HE SAY?  Wait, are you even kidding me right now?  I wrote like twelve sentences of pure gold and he just said rolleyes?  #### that guy. I'm going to rip him to internet pieces. I can't leave that rolleyes out there.  Everyone must see that I won this argument.  

:rolleyes:

It's not like people weren't constantly going back to their awesome 12 sentence post to see how many people quoted it with a :goodposting:  already before.

I'd give you a like for this, but I don't want SLBob to have a coronary. :)

It's simple people.  Allow likes and dislikes.  When a post has +5 on the like/dislike scale, highlight it in a different color so it stands out.  When it has -5 on the like/dislike scale, hide it and require people to click a link to view it like when someone you have on ignore makes a post.

Bingo bango Bagel just solved all your problems.

I think someone is being a baby because their likes to posts ratio is a measly 9.5%.  On RottenTomatoes.com, you would be considered ROTTEN! ;)

If you were rockin' at 11.8% then I might be able to take you seriously.
SLB >>>>>>>>>> Max

There should be a ban button too. 30 members click on the ban button, have a nice season.
i had an idea like this for driving cars.  :drive:

everyone gets two paintballs per day, if someone does something idiotic, you shoot their car. :whistle:

then, when a cop sees a car with a bunch of big colored splats, they pull them over and yank their license.  :toilet:

think of the satisfaction of not only getting to blast some dummie, but they get in more trouble down the road. :grad:

It's not like people weren't constantly going back to their awesome 12 sentence post to see how many people quoted it with a :goodposting:  already before.
Right but they went back.  And stayed part of the discussion.

And when someone clicks like, the thread doesn't get bumped.  Which means great posts and threads fall off the first page for umpteen political threads and omg i watched a tv show threads.  And once you see that happen a few times there's no sense in really posting good stuff anymore because it's just going to fall off the first page.  That's how the community dies.  A bunch of clique threads are still alive, but they all know they need new blood because nobody is wading into a 3000 page thread about i ran outside today.  A potentially good new thread like this will be gone tomorrow.  If this post is at the bottom of page one nobody will read it because going back a page on your phone is like faxing a phone book to your answering machine.  In fact theres no point even fini

You can't pronounce dawn or don correctly but spot on.

Right but they went back.  And stayed part of the discussion.

And when someone clicks like, the thread doesn't get bumped.  Which means great posts and threads fall off the first page for umpteen political threads and omg i watched a tv show threads.  And once you see that happen a few times there's no sense in really posting good stuff anymore because it's just going to fall off the first page.  That's how the community dies.  A bunch of clique threads are still alive, but they all know they need new blood because nobody is wading into a 3000 page thread about i ran outside today.  A potentially good new thread like this will be gone tomorrow.  If this post is at the bottom of page one nobody will read it because going back a page on your phone is like faxing a phone book to your answering machine.  In fact theres no point even fini
It sounds like you're not making good enough posts.

Look at the +1412 talking to me about likes.  
Look at the 7%er trying to lecture the 10.5%er on likes.

You the kind of guy that thinks Matt Stafford is better than Russell Wilson because he threw for more yards?  Some of us are quality people, not quantity people.

Look at the 7%er trying to lecture the 10.5%er on likes.

You the kind of guy that thinks Matt Stafford is better than Russell Wilson because he threw for more yards?  Some of us are quality people, not quantity people.
Way to dork up a perfectly good internet argument about nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread