What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Preseason Contests (1 Viewer)

freeannyong

Footballguy
Anyone playing these slates? I'm looking at throwing some in double ups and maybe a tournament or two. Last year preseason was pretty easy money in cash if you payed attention at all. 

We are trying to find the guys that are going to get a lot of playing time either due to roster bubble or injury situations. A few that I am looking at as of now. 

QB - Jacoby Brissett, Pats. Don't see Brady playing more than one series and same with Jimmy G due to the suspension. Should lead to atleast 3 quarters from Brissett. 

RB - Donald Brown, Pats, working to make roster and injuries should help snap count. Eagles RB depth chart is pretty thin. I'm assuming Mathews, Sprouse, and Smallwood will be out. 

WR - Pats WR depth chart is full of injuries. Not sure who to pick from the list but someone is in line for big playing time. Rashad Ross, WAS, preseason all star.  Ravens have a lot of injuries at WR. 

Any other thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm looking at Derek Anderson: can't see Cam going more than a series, so with Webb as the only other option i can see DA getting 1H run with the starters (such as they are). maybe 150 and a TD?

TE - Cole Wick - Lions

The Lions are paper thin at TE with Ebron's recent injury plus Pettigrew and T Wright out with extended injuries. The 2 remaining healthy guys, Wick being one of them, are UDFA's but Wick has been very impressive in camp. The Lions will sign a free agent TE sometime soon if the Ebron injury is long term but not in time to contribute to preseason Week 1. Wick will likely get extend playing time in Week 1 given how thin the TE group is currently, he's clearly the better of the 2 remaining options and they want to see what he can do in a game. If he gets injured no big deal since a free agent experienced type TE is likely to be signed already so I wouldn't expect him to be pulled from the game early. I imagine he'd cost the min salary to add to a DFS lineup.

TE - Cole Wick - Lions

The Lions are paper thin at TE with Ebron's recent injury plus Pettigrew and T Wright out with extended injuries. The 2 remaining healthy guys, Wick being one of them, are UDFA's but Wick has been very impressive in camp. The Lions will sign a free agent TE sometime soon if the Ebron injury is long term but not in time to contribute to preseason Week 1. Wick will likely get extend playing time in Week 1 given how thin the TE group is currently, he's clearly the better of the 2 remaining options and they want to see what he can do in a game. If he gets injured no big deal since a free agent experienced type TE is likely to be signed already so I wouldn't expect him to be pulled from the game early. I imagine he'd cost the min salary to add to a DFS lineup.
isn't everyone $5500 in PreWeek 1?

Quint said:
isn't everyone $5500 in PreWeek 1?
I would assume you're correct. I only play Fanduel and they don't offer preseason DFS. I have no idea what the player costs would be. Figured an UDFA TE from a no name college would be at the bottom of the pricing list for his position assuming all players weren't the same cost.

yes everyone is 5.5k so you can roster anyone you like.  Been reading up on some of the teams have a couple to add here.

Carson Wentz - Slated to play entire second half

Paxton Lynch - Same as Wentz, slated to play entire second half

TE is a wasteland preseason will definitely take a shot on one of the Lions active TEs, and I am also looking at ASJ who may get a lot of run while trying to impress. 

The Friday-Saturday slate still isn't up, but I'll be locking in DAL RB Darius Jackson who should get 75% of the touches

Seemed a bit sharper to me than last year but who knows.   Needed Aldrick Robinson (who was super chalk) and Broncos D to cash anything good.

Funny enough I didn't see one lineup (I was only in the tournaments up to $3) with Ingram who managed 2 TDs in a quarter and was probably the high scorer of the night at RB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some players I like in tonight's games. Please add your own picks.

QB: Matt Barkley, Ryan Nassib, Landry Jones, Jake Rudock, Robert Griffin III, Joe Callahan
RB: Jay Ajayi, Stevan Ridley or Zack Zenner, Fitzgerald Toussaint
WR: Sterling Shepard, Laquon Treadwell, Tyler Boyd, Sammie Coates, Eli Rogers, Darius Heyward-Bey, Jaron Brown, Leonte Carroo
TE: Jesse James, C.J. Uzomah

Trying to narrow the list a bit for tonight, here is a first stab.  The *ed running backs will be the mega chalk, feel free to throw out some other names or cross someone off where I may have missed an injury.

QB - Prescott, Tolzien, Boykin, Cassel

RB - Ferguson*, Jackson*, Sankey*, Herron, Ware, Prosise, Oliver

WR - Andy Jones, Hankerson, Tyreek Hill, Greg Little, Chester Rogers, Tyrell Williams, Dontrelle Inman, Tajae Sharpe, DGB

TE - Henry, Higbee, Ross Travis, Swoope

Let's try this again. In roughly the order I like them ... being a bit over-inclusive.

QB: Jared Goff, Dak Prescott, Jameill Showers, Jeff Driskel, Brock Owseiler, Trevone Boykin, Cardale Jones, Scott Tolzein, Kellen Clemens, Zack Mettenberger, Nick Foles
RB: Darius Jackson, Alex Collins, Josh Ferguson, Derrick Henry, Tyler Ervin, Christine Michael, Branden Oliver, Malcom Brown, Mike Gillislee, Mike Davis, Aaron Green, James Wilder, Rod Smith, Jonathan Williams, Shaun Draughn, Charcandrick West
WR: Tyrell Williams, Greg Little, Tajae Sharpe, Tyreek Hill, Pharoh Cooper, Mike Thomas, Leonard Hankerson, Douglas McNeil, Will Fuller, Braxton Miller, Marquise Goodwin, Andy Jones, Bryce Treggs, Walter Powell, Duke Williams
TE: Tyler Higbee, Hunter Henry, Brandon Williams, Geoff Swaim

Top team for me ended with 53.82 (oddly enough my cash lineup), cashed in the GPPs but nothing big. The Sankey TD in the 4th was a huge boost.

For today I'm likely joining, but playing the game tonight very lightly or not at all.  I prefer using the Week 2 guys.

Week 2 slate starts today. Forgive the formatting as I'm on my phone but looking at the following options in no real order 

QB - Jimmy G, Daniel, Hundley

RB - both Washingtons, Zenner, Crockett, Gaffney, Wilds, Smallwood 

WR - Treadwell, Aldrick Robinson, Justin Hardy, AJ Green, Samie Coates, Dobson, Turner

TE - Hooper, Jesse James, Barnidge 

Users who are viewing this thread