What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bourbon guys (2 Viewers)

Hey Guys.

Going here soon https://www.carsonsfoodanddrink.com/our-menu/beverage-menu/ .  Anything I should try for a novice? A flight? 
I'd probably go the Old Forester Bourbon Flight. Can't go wrong with the Woodford one either.

Then I'd go one of the Bourbon based cocktails if the place seems like they know what they are doing. If you aren't feeling those, pretty much every bourbon and rye listed on their menu is going to be legit.

I'd probably go the Old Forester Bourbon Flight. Can't go wrong with the Woodford one either.

Then I'd go one of the Bourbon based cocktails if the place seems like they know what they are doing. If you aren't feeling those, pretty much every bourbon and rye listed on their menu is going to be legit.
I'd also go Old Forester over Woodford.  I'm drinking the 1920 right now.  One of my favorites  :thumbup:

Bunch of stuff in their selection I haven't tried.  Kid in a candy store.

I'd also go Old Forester over Woodford.  I'm drinking the 1920 right now.  One of my favorites  :thumbup:

Bunch of stuff in their selection I haven't tried.  Kid in a candy store.
So the place looks legit? 

I've never been. My Aunt suggested we go there. She's cool so it wouldn't surprise me if it's good. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Got an email from the PA Liquor Store this am:

Congratulations, your lottery entry for the Parker's Heritage Collection Bourbon Finished in Orange Curaçao Barrels 12th Edition was selected as a winner!
Can't ever win the damn Pappy lottery, but I will take it for $89

Road trip a couple weeks ago. Tried Four Roses Small Batch and it might be my new favorite sipping bourbon. So smooth and perfect taste. I also tried E.H. Taylor and it was really good, but 4 Roses was the clear winner. I also had a bourbon-barrel aged ale (can't recall the name) between those 2 drinks which was very tasty. If I had anything else after those, I can't remember, but those 3 were good.  :lol:  

Also I bought some J.R. Ewing the other day, at the time I didn’t realize it was named for the Dallas character...it’s pretty bad, will end up using in cocktails exclusively going forward 

Road trip a couple weeks ago. Tried Four Roses Small Batch and it might be my new favorite sipping bourbon. So smooth and perfect taste. I also tried E.H. Taylor and it was really good, but 4 Roses was the clear winner. I also had a bourbon-barrel aged ale (can't recall the name) between those 2 drinks which was very tasty. If I had anything else after those, I can't remember, but those 3 were good.  :lol:  
Drinking 4 Roses right now at the JW Marriott in Phoenix. Damn good stuff. 🥃

Drinking 4 Roses right now at the JW Marriott in Phoenix. Damn good stuff. 🥃
Next time I’m at the liquor store I’m going to be looking for 4 Roses single barrel and High West American Prairie. Read an article last week that mentioned them along with the Makers 46 that I’ve kept stocked lately. Looks like they’re under $40 also. 

Big fan of Four Roses Single Barrel. I’ll need to pick up small batch next time. I thought there was a separate thread but I couldn’t find it so I’ll ask here. I’m going to Louisville for a bachelor party in July and we want to do at least a distillery or two. What does everyone recommend for a group of about 10 of mostly novice to intermediate bourbon drinkers? 

Big fan of Four Roses Single Barrel. I’ll need to pick up small batch next time. I thought there was a separate thread but I couldn’t find it so I’ll ask here. I’m going to Louisville for a bachelor party in July and we want to do at least a distillery or two. What does everyone recommend for a group of about 10 of mostly novice to intermediate bourbon drinkers? 
1) [icon] turned us on to this one and it is awesome - The Buffalo Trace Hardhat tour.  It's a little more in depth and you will need to sign up in advance but it is free.  As far as I know only the Sazerac owned distilleries still do free torus.  So also Barton which is more of an industrial distillery but still cool. Buffalo Trace also has beautiful grounds.

2) Makers Mark - By far the most beautiful grounds and the most progressive aging programs. 

3) Woodford Reserve is gorgeous.  Nothing super special about their tour except they still do have some barrels that use a barrel race to get to the rickhouse.

4) Wild Turkey is interesting just because you have a good chance of meeting and getting to chat with legendary master distiller Jimmy Russell. He hangs out and holds court in the lobby of the visitors center pretty often.

5) Heaven Hill was interesting but not visually appealing.  They do some good in-depth tastings (including a 25 year bourbon) and have a very complete museum/timeline display plus some interesting bottles in their gift shop.

6) We missed Willett while we were there because we didn't book in advance but I have heard good things.

7) Unless you are a fan of the Jim Beam brands I was pretty underwhelmed by their tour.  Much more homogenized.

Been too busy to update lately... 

Did our annual Eagle Rare barrel pick a few weeks back 

Scored a 500ml tax stamped 1980 Old Taylor from National Distillers (Castle Distillery). Pretty damn excited to open that bad boy and taste it.

Ive had OL Grand Dad and Bourbon DeLuxe and ND whiskey is phenomenal.... total caramel bomb. 

Been too busy to update lately... 

Did our annual Eagle Rare barrel pick a few weeks back 

Scored a 500ml tax stamped 1980 Old Taylor from National Distillers (Castle Distillery). Pretty damn excited to open that bad boy and taste it.

Ive had OL Grand Dad and Bourbon DeLuxe and ND whiskey is phenomenal.... total caramel bomb. 
When out with the intention of picking up the Eagle Rare for the first time...  Liquor store had a sale on "Old Forester Single Barrel" for $19.99 and I couldn't pass up the apparent bargain.

Maybe I got a great deal... maybe you get what you pay for....   Figure that I can always use it in Irish Coffees if it doesn't suit my tastes.

Bobcat10 said:
Next time I’m at the liquor store I’m going to be looking for 4 Roses single barrel and High West American Prairie. Read an article last week that mentioned them along with the Makers 46 that I’ve kept stocked lately. Looks like they’re under $40 also. 
I like basically everything High West does. It isn't bourbon, but if you like a lot of complex flavors and some smoke, the Campfire they make is really interesting too.

1) [icon] turned us on to this one and it is awesome - The Buffalo Trace Hardhat tour.  It's a little more in depth and you will need to sign up in advance but it is free.  As far as I know only the Sazerac owned distilleries still do free torus.  So also Barton which is more of an industrial distillery but still cool. Buffalo Trace also has beautiful grounds.

2) Makers Mark - By far the most beautiful grounds and the most progressive aging programs. 

3) Woodford Reserve is gorgeous.  Nothing super special about their tour except they still do have some barrels that use a barrel race to get to the rickhouse.

4) Wild Turkey is interesting just because you have a good chance of meeting and getting to chat with legendary master distiller Jimmy Russell. He hangs out and holds court in the lobby of the visitors center pretty often.

5) Heaven Hill was interesting but not visually appealing.  They do some good in-depth tastings (including a 25 year bourbon) and have a very complete museum/timeline display plus some interesting bottles in their gift shop.

6) We missed Willett while we were there because we didn't book in advance but I have heard good things.

7) Unless you are a fan of the Jim Beam brands I was pretty underwhelmed by their tour.  Much more homogenized.
Thanks! Going to start researching but the hard hat tour sounds awesome. 

Just putting together a work trip that happens to pass through KY in June, so me & my buddy are going to make time to visit Buffalo Trace one day.  I'm gonna make a reservation for that Hardhat tour, thanks fellas!

Just putting together a work trip that happens to pass through KY in June, so me & my buddy are going to make time to visit Buffalo Trace one day.  I'm gonna make a reservation for that Hardhat tour, thanks fellas!
OK, so flight times actually won't allow us to make it in time for the BT Hardhat tour.  Sad banana.  Looks like we could adjust and hit up the Willett Distillery for an afternoon tour.  Has anyone visited Willett and tried this Distillery & Production Tour w/Tasting?

Willett Tours

When out with the intention of picking up the Eagle Rare for the first time...  Liquor store had a sale on "Old Forester Single Barrel" for $19.99 and I couldn't pass up the apparent bargain.

Maybe I got a great deal... maybe you get what you pay for....   Figure that I can always use it in Irish Coffees if it doesn't suit my tastes.
Really enjoy the Single Barrel Forester... for $20 this was a deal!

Boulder Toads said:
OK, so flight times actually won't allow us to make it in time for the BT Hardhat tour.  Sad banana.  Looks like we could adjust and hit up the Willett Distillery for an afternoon tour.  Has anyone visited Willett and tried this Distillery & Production Tour w/Tasting?

Willett Tours
It was on our list but we didn't pre-book and they were full when we got there.  It looked cool and they do have some bottles in the gift shop that you probably can't get in TX.  If memory serves it is right next to Heaven Hill if you want to do both.

Had a random dinner out in Lancaster, Pa this weekend with some friends. We went early to have a couple of cocktails before our reservation. Ordered a Last Word after not seeing anything exciting on the top shelf. As I was about to finish it I see the one of the bartenders move a bottle and like a beacon of light shining down from the heavens sat a bottle of Pappy 23. Twenty minutes later I finished possibly my first and last ounce of the finest bourbon I will ever have. 

Had a random dinner out in Lancaster, Pa this weekend with some friends. We went early to have a couple of cocktails before our reservation. Ordered a Last Word after not seeing anything exciting on the top shelf. As I was about to finish it I see the one of the bartenders move a bottle and like a beacon of light shining down from the heavens sat a bottle of Pappy 23. Twenty minutes later I finished possibly my first and last ounce of the finest bourbon I will ever have. 
Hunger-N-Thirst?

How much?

Users who are viewing this thread