What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bourbon guys (2 Viewers)

Mine is correct and my mailing address has changed from the last time you sent stuff
Can send Venmo or Paypal via the addresses I posted. Include name and address and NO mention of alcohol please.  If you need to work something else just PM me . :thumbup:

@CGRdrJoe - is that your label there - are you from Novato?   Just curious as I grew up just outside of Santa Rosa
Damnit, I threw the scissors on there to provide some anonymity but prob shoulda covered last name and city too :lol:   Sorry Joe 

Got Megla's address so these are all packed up. 6 bottles (your 5 bottles + 1 mystery bottle) in bubble wrap, then into bubble mailers. Covered with BBQ Sauce & Marinade stickers to kill suspicion :)

They will go to the Post office after my 2pm call so I'm hoping everyone has them by Friday or saturday at the latest. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just dropped them all off, it was only a couple bucks more per package to send priority mail so we went with that to make sure you guys got them for the weekend.:thumbup: 

We'll call that "sponsored by the dudes who threw a few extra bucks in". Thanks guys   :D  

Just dropped them all off, it was only a couple bucks more per package to send priority mail so we went with that to make sure you guys got them for the weekend.:thumbup: 

We'll call that "sponsored by the dudes who threw a few extra bucks in". Thanks guys   :D  
Awesome - now to plan the appropriate food pairings to go with the tastings.  

Hoping to get the rest of the kits together this week. I'll keep you guys posted. I don't see any reason everyone shouldn't have their bourbon by mid next week, however. 

Curious to get feedback on the Mystery bottle... It's marked with a "?" In each pack. 

LIke last time we'll set up a survey for those taking the blind tastings to get their feedback, then we'll unveil what each bottle was, and how they ranked among our prestigious tasting panel :)  

Hoping to get the rest of the kits together this week. I'll keep you guys posted. I don't see any reason everyone shouldn't have their bourbon by mid next week, however. 

Curious to get feedback on the Mystery bottle... It's marked with a "?" In each pack. 

prestigious 
geez,  If you're gonna call us names

that's a good one

Do you by any chance have the list of the bourbons from the last time you did this - my search skill are weak, trying to see again what there was, etc.

Do you by any chance have the list of the bourbons from the last time you did this - my search skill are weak, trying to see again what there was, etc.
https://imgur.com/a/W8zPBoa

Batch one (5): 

Weller 12 / Elmer T Lee / Old Fitz / Old Weller Antique Pick / Our Private Eagle Rare Barrel Pick 

Barrel Proof (4) : 

Willett Family Estate 12yr Bourbon  (diff one) / Four Roses OESF Pick / Michters Barrel Proof Toasted Bourbon / Willett Family Estate 6yr Rye (MGP). 

It's my pleasure guys.  I sincerely love sharing this stuff, and love hearing back on how folks love stuff. 

Sorry to even be charging anything, but the GF would murder me if I was just sending out stuff from some of my hard-earned / favorite bottles for nothing :lol:    If anyone is unhappy with what they got for the money I'll gladly send cash back. I want everyone to be happy and get to experience fun new stuff :banned:  

@[icon]Apologies for the delayed response here.  Would still be happy to join and pay for any tier but doubt still desired.  Thanks for coordinating this and had a blast last time with the blind tasting.  

Update on the two remaining blind samplers

Spectrum Sampler: BLIND - $TBD

1) @Redwes25 (added via Kutta) 
2) Instinctive 
3) Nathan R Jessop
4) Freakshow
5) cincredfan

Bucket List Sampler: BLIND - $TBD

1) @Bluesbomber 
2) Man with no Name
3) Mr Roboto 
4) Brutal Penguin
5) Gamma1210 

TIMELINE GOALS:
- Whiskey Selection & Pricing finalized by TONIGHT 8/17.
- Pouring/Packing and Shipping done by Tuesday 8/25.

Payment address (Paypal/Venmo preferred) will be provided when the list and pricing is nailed down. 

I downed all the whiskeys tonight. I thought about sharing them, but, nah.

Man - good stuff @[icon] - thanks again for doing this!

@CGRdrJoe and I played FBG poker all night and drank our top shelf selections - it was a great time.

My evals might be a little sketch because, well, I've had a few whiskeys...
Well I suppose that's one way to do it :lol:  

Look forward to your guy's recollections. Wish I had known I'd have jumped in on poker and drank with ya 

Jealous of you guys doing the top shelf sampler.  There was some great stuff in there I have had, and some amazing stuff I have yet to.   Didn’t get in because I am not really drinking right now.  When this COVID thing first started and I thought I wouldnt be traveling for a month I said I wasn’t going to drink until I was traveling again....5 months later, here we are.  Ha.  Im going to crack eventually, but if I got a shipment with some of these goodies @[icon] is sending you guys, I wouldnt make it out of my mail room before giving them a try.  Looking forward to everyone’s reviews!

Oh, and I think you already know, but the pricing he is giving you guys is crazy good.  To replicate what he is sending the top shelf guys on the secondary market would cost you guys multiples of what you are paying.   
Definitely blessed - and honestly it is why I am really thinking of holding off just a little while to try so that I can arrange a time when I can enjoy them with a friend of mine who I know would likely do the same for me were our positions reversed and he received some good stuff to try, as neither of us could really afford to try these at true secondary prices.

Update on the two remaining blind samplers

Bucket List Sampler: BLIND - $TBD

1) @Bluesbomber 
2) Man with no Name
3) Mr Roboto 
4) Brutal Penguin
5) Gamma1210 

TIMELINE GOALS:
- Whiskey Selection & Pricing finalized by TONIGHT 8/17.
- Pouring/Packing and Shipping done by Tuesday 8/25.

Payment address (Paypal/Venmo preferred) will be provided when the list and pricing is nailed down. 
??? Price???

Going out of state next Monday. Gonna get it by Saturday???

I got my set on Friday, but not sure I will be able to taste them all until this weekend. Want to be able to give it the time/attention it deserves.

I can do that with the Spectrum. Already expanded Top Shelf to 6 entries to squeeze ya in. That's already about 1/3 of a bottle of a lot of good stuff. :)
Next round of this should be allocated enough spots to do a full bottle of each.  I'm sure you'd get enough interest and plenty would go 2-3 portions for F&F if you end up with trouble filling it and that way your personal stash is unmolested.  Hell I'm not even a bourbon drinker but would get in on this for a couple-three to share with buddies who are.

edit: not meaning to sound ungrateful, I realize it's a ton of effort and @[icon] is doing God's work here.

Did anyone end up bailing on paying?  I'd be happy to pick up someone's slack in any category if so.

Next round of this should be allocated enough spots to do a full bottle of each.  I'm sure you'd get enough interest and plenty would go 2-3 portions for F&F if you end up with trouble filling it and that way your personal stash is unmolested.  Hell I'm not even a bourbon drinker but would get in on this for a couple-three to share with buddies who are.

edit: not meaning to sound ungrateful, I realize it's a ton of effort and @[icon] is doing God's work here.

Did anyone end up bailing on paying?  I'd be happy to pick up someone's slack in any category if so.
I have gotten no messages from @[icon] about price to pay, shipping date, etc.

icon has mentioned he is crazy busy at work...put together top shelf so has a good idea the time sink...involved...guessing pricing shipping will be soonish...speculating if work crazy on a M-F gig...Monday, nutso bonkers...Tuesday...dang some #### went right but...what didn't hella nuts...so by Wed...bourbon time regardless...lol...one of the good things about working in a warehouse 75% of the time it suxor...but ya know it, expect it...do it...hit the clock...fageddabout it...haha off 4 days...what warehouse?   

Sorry guys been slammed!

Spectrum Sampler: BLIND - $45

1) @Redwes25
2) @Instinctive
3) @Nathan R. Jessep
4) @Freak Show
5) @cincredfan

Bucket List Sampler: BLIND - $60

1) @Bluesbomber 
2) @The Man With No Name
3) @mr roboto
4) @BrutalPenguin
5) @Gamma1210

Each group will get 5 bottles plus a mystery sampler (same among all 3 groups). Both include at least one "Treat" bottle that goes for several hundred / is near impossible to find. 

Please send Venmo (@savard) or Paypal (matt_savard@yahoo.com) for the amount above.
FYI: It costs me about $13 per kit for packaging, bottles, and postage, btw. Sorry, I was hoping these would have been cheaper.

DO include your forum name, real name and address with payment.
DO NOT Mention alcohol at ALL in comments.

Anyone violating the last will be cancelled and barred from future tastings.

Thanks for your patience, guys! 

Dudes, got my first "vault opening" selection at ABC, chose Old Forester Birthday Bourbon, $140ish.  

It's delicious.  Didn't scroll through the past pages, any of you ladies and gents try it?  Is it worth going back years and picking up a bottle on secondary?  I bought 2 bottles above MSRP, a George Stagg 2018 for $350 (I know, ugh) and Blantons for $100.  Swore I wouldn't do it again but sipping on the Birthday bourbon has my second guessing my resolve.  

Dudes, got my first "vault opening" selection at ABC, chose Old Forester Birthday Bourbon, $140ish.  

It's delicious.  Didn't scroll through the past pages, any of you ladies and gents try it?  Is it worth going back years and picking up a bottle on secondary?  I bought 2 bottles above MSRP, a George Stagg 2018 for $350 (I know, ugh) and Blantons for $100.  Swore I wouldn't do it again but sipping on the Birthday bourbon has my second guessing my resolve.  
When did you get the vault invite on the OFBB?

Stagg at $350 isn't too bad...I think list is $179 and secondary is normally $500-$800 ish? I've paid $100 for some Blanton's variants (Gold, Straight from the Cask) and they are worth every penny but regular Blanton's is $60 bottle but a tough find right now.

Stagg at $350 isn't too bad...I think list is $179 and secondary is normally $500-$800 ish? I've paid $100 for some Blanton's variants (Gold, Straight from the Cask) and they are worth every penny but regular Blanton's is $60 bottle but a tough find right now.
10/11 days ago?  Allowed me to purchase 1 bottle.  All the ORVW and BTAC stuff was unavailable, i'm assuming due to the time of year it is.  They had Blantons for $60 but i've seen overpriced Blantons if I wanted to get I could...but i've never seen the Birthday Bourbon here in SWFL, although i'm somewhat new to the addiction  hobby of collecting Bourbons so it was a pretty easy choice to go with the Old Forester.

They invited me to shop the vault again this last Friday but for wine only.  Mostly Cabs, no Bordeaux that I saw, some looked pretty rare but I didn't know what I was looking at enough to back that assertion.  Up to $700/bottle from what I recall.

George T Stagg's (retail ~$89-99) pricing has "Benefitted" by large volume releases the last few years. GTS now runs 300-400 on secondary, so that's on par. 

Blantons for $100 is pretty on-value as well... like Ron said, tough to find! 

OFBB used to be $70-80 retail and $150-175 secondary but secondary has spiked for many releases upwards of $300-350 from what I recall. For me, OFBB is solid 12yr old Old Forrester distillate. It's not really extra aged, or barrel proof or anything other particularly distinguishing features, but it's very tasty.

For me, personally, at the ~$300 secondary range I'm taking GTS (135 proof / 17 years) over OFBB, (100 proof / 12 years).  

George T Stagg's (retail ~$89-99) pricing has "Benefitted" by large volume releases the last few years. GTS now runs 300-400 on secondary, so that's on par. 

Blantons for $100 is pretty on-value as well... like Ron said, tough to find! 

OFBB used to be $70-80 retail and $150-175 secondary but secondary has spiked for many releases upwards of $300-350 from what I recall. For me, OFBB is solid 12yr old Old Forrester distillate. It's not really extra aged, or barrel proof or anything other particularly distinguishing features, but it's very tasty.

For me, personally, at the ~$300 secondary range I'm taking GTS (135 proof / 17 years) over OFBB, (100 proof / 12 years).  

Since it seems like you like the high test stuff, what's your opinion on what Barrell Bourbon is doing?  I've had batch 23, the infinite barrell, Rye #2 and dovetail, all I really liked.  Found bottle #9999 of batch 21 that i'm saving for my friend, the fella that got me in to bourbons.  I'm sure you've covered this in the 34 pages of the thread, I suppose I could grab a glass and start reading at some point.  

Sorry guys been slammed!

Spectrum Sampler: BLIND - $45

1) @Redwes25
2) @Instinctive
3) @Nathan R. Jessep
4) @Freak Show
5) @cincredfan

Bucket List Sampler: BLIND - $60

1) @Bluesbomber 
2) @The Man With No Name
3) @mr roboto
4) @BrutalPenguin
5) @Gamma1210

Each group will get 5 bottles plus a mystery sampler (same among all 3 groups). Both include at least one "Treat" bottle that goes for several hundred / is near impossible to find. 

Please send Venmo (@savard) or Paypal (matt_savard@yahoo.com) for the amount above.
FYI: It costs me about $13 per kit for packaging, bottles, and postage, btw. Sorry, I was hoping these would have been cheaper.

DO include your name and address with payment.
DO NOT Mention alcohol at ALL in comments.

Anyone violating the last will be cancelled and barred from future tastings.

Thanks for your patience, guys! 
Sent mine by paypal. Thanks [icon]

this is an image the current tentative list:

From Left to Right:
1) 1992 ceramic decanter Old Commonwealth from JP Van Winkle Distillery (link to image since it's decanted)
2) 12yr Van Winkle Lot B - 2017 Release
3) EH Taylor Special Release "Four Grain"  2018 Release
4) Willett Family Estate 11yr #438
5) Willett Family Estate 12yr  #3656
6) BTAC George T Stagg - 2019 Release (124.9pf) 
7) BTAC William Larue Weller - 2018 Release (125.7pf)
8 )BTAC Thomas H Handy Rye - 2017 Release (127.2pf)
9) Very Special Old Fitzgerald 12yr Squat - 2014 Release
10) Old Forrester Birthday Bourbon - 2016 Release

:eek: :wub:

Since it seems like you like the high test stuff, what's your opinion on what Barrell Bourbon is doing?  I've had batch 23, the infinite barrell, Rye #2 and dovetail, all I really liked.  Found bottle #9999 of batch 21 that i'm saving for my friend, the fella that got me in to bourbons.  I'm sure you've covered this in the 34 pages of the thread, I suppose I could grab a glass and start reading at some point.  
I've honestly not tried much of the Barrel stuff. I know a couple folks who got really into it. All of their bourbon (from what I understand) is sourced so it varied pretty greatly in flavor/quality. I've heard some batches can be damn good, I just can't speak to them, sorry! :)

Users who are viewing this thread