What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

keeper advice (1 Viewer)

tileman

Footballguy
16 team league mandatory 3 keepers, up to 6 keepers allowed, 3 on offense 3 on defense, idp scoring 1.5 solo .75 assist, 3 FF, 3FR, 5 points sack and 3 points bonus for every 5 tackles, offense scoring standard with a 3 point bonus for every 5 receptions, start 1qb ,1RB, 1WR, 2 RB/WR flex, 1 TE, 2 LB, 2DL, 1 DB,1defense flex, K, odell and gronk 1st 2 keepers, pick from tyler locket( return yards count) kuechly. cj mosely,z ansah,reshad jones , who would you keep ? if I keep 4 I miss 4th round in draft etc...

I like Lockett a lot, but 3rd round seems to be on the pricey side.  Kuechly is a strong keeper as well, but I cringe at keeping a LB at 4, much less 3.

The flip side is how many players you expect other owners to keep, and therefore what kind of pool is going to be available for your picks in the 3rd, 4th, etc.  Only you can really weigh that, but in a vacuum I think I'd stick with just the no-brainers of Gronk and Beckham, and see what falls.  You might end up drafting Lockett or Kuechly in which case it was much ado about nothing. 

thanks I have to keep a mandatory 3rd keeper so lockett? only other players to consider for  keepers are allen hurns or kwon alexander. Thanks  

Mandatory keepers actually should make it easier to project who might be available by round 4.  I'd keep Lockett over Kuechly.  For one thing, if he does break out even further this season, you'll be well-placed to keep him next year.  Having Kwon and Mosley going back into the draft pool for sure adds some security that you can draft a strong lb as well, making it easier to toss Kuechly.

reshad jones
Supply and demand kill his value, but his production is amazing.

What kind of statistical advantage does he give you ove the next DBs #2-#16?  Keuchly offers the same ppg as Jones, but there is better supply of guys in the scoring range, in fact Jones hits an epic level or scoring that is relatively unmatched.

Ansah has the lack-of-supply side availability really showing some positional value as a top 6 DL.

Lockett has over 1200 yards in returns. #1 in NFL. How is this scored?  His 660 receiving yards probably hits around 800 this year. And he has a future shot at being a bonafide holdover if he keeps returning kicks.

I am going to be in minority and I would keep Kuechly as your mandatory 3rd keeper.  With the bonus for tackles over 5 I think he has a tremendous floor in that scoring with the bonus.  I think Lockett will be there for you in the mid rounds if you really wanted him back.  With the few starting requirements for offense I think Lockett is expendable.  I lock up the stud LB and go from there.

Users who are viewing this thread