What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 Anarchy League 2 Thread (1 Viewer)

Anarchy99

Footballguy
Here is the League 2 website: Anarchy League 2.

Here is the randomly generated draft order:

Coordinator
Duckboy
BroncoFreak 2K3
Biabreakable
Stinkin Ref
Fiddles
nittanylion
Anarchy99
rzrback77
JeremyX13
Borden
CalBear
Just Win Baby
Sinrman
Norseman
There It Is

Interesting start guys. Just waiting for There it Is to make his picks at the turn now. I was happy to notice that many of the picks following his are already predrafted.  :thumbup:

I am a little bit surprised by the early picks at QB but it is understandable in total points format.

I have a question for Norseman in regards to the Jordy Nelson pick.

Will the Packers make the playoffs as a wild card team or do you think they will win the division?

Interesting start guys. Just waiting for There it Is to make his picks at the turn now. I was happy to notice that many of the picks following his are already predrafted.  :thumbup:

I am a little bit surprised by the early picks at QB but it is understandable in total points format.

I have a question for Norseman in regards to the Jordy Nelson pick.

Will the Packers make the playoffs as a wild card team or do you think they will win the division?
Who else is going to take that division? Lions and Bears seem unlikely. The Vikings are a maybe but Bridgewater and the passing attack needs to improve. 

Well Norseman obviously a fellow Viking fan, so picking a Packer deserves this question I think.

Drafting Jordy over Peterson makes me wonder about Norseman's faith in the Vikings a bit.

I am hoping that the Pack finish in second. It should be close, just like last year. 

A couple years ago I took Peterson in 2 of these Anarchy leagues and it killed both of those teams when he got suspended ?

That's fair.

Drafting Peterson worked out pretty well for me last season.

I have been hearing Peterson looks like he did back in 2007. He is a pretty exciting player. That said I can see Jet possibly cutting in a bit more, particularly in the passing game, maybe.

If the Vikings can improve their passing game then Peterson may get more chances at the stripe. Something I am hoping will happen this year.

Good pace so far on the draft.  Its great that we have so many return to this year after year. It is good to get together to really kick off the re-draft season.

Started out WR - WR - WR , was not the intention although over the years, I have decreased my focus on early RBs.

A.J. Green at WR5 and #9 overall - seems like he should see a large target jump with the departures of Jones and Sanu and injuries to two tight ends. Pretty solid floor.

A. Jeffery - Minor injuries again bothering him and that makes me a little anxious, but as WR11 and already has finished at WR9 and WR12 in his two injury free seasons, I'll take it. If healthy, he should threaten career high in targets.

Kelvin Benjamin at WR21 probably about right for him returning from missing all last year. The Panthers seems a very high likelihood of advancing far so getting his rookie production here (or close to it) would be great! He finished at WR16 in 2014.

Homer failure: I pre-drafted two picks before getting on a plane, should have nabbed Keenan Allen in the second round over Amari Cooper. We'll see how it works out.

I'm back home and should have plenty of time to start trash talking the rubes now.

Green: I'm on the fence about increased usage for the same reason people think his usage will go up due to all the other injuries or people moving on....because he may be "the only option", the focus will be to "take him out of the game" and kind of the "make someone else beat us" mentality....worried about the coverage he will garner and it limiting his production instead of seeing it increase....

Green's targets dipped to 8-9 the past two seasons compared to around 11 the two years before that. Who knows what to expect out of the new receiving corps. He may see more targets, but he will probably draw more coverage. So he might be less efficient this year. He's usually in the Top 10 in Anarchy scoring. He probably went a little early, but I don't think he was a terrible pick.

Not a bad pick at all just kind of thinking out loud across all leagues/formats.....he's probably next on list after big 3

Homer failure: I pre-drafted two picks before getting on a plane, should have nabbed Keenan Allen in the second round over Amari Cooper. We'll see how it works out.

I'm back home and should have plenty of time to start trash talking the rubes now.
Yes, I was very surprised when you didn't take Allen there.

I was wondering about that with perfectly fine Bear players on the board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Made up for it with a slight reach for CJ Anderson. Probably Doug Martin is the more solid pick there, but CJ may have more upside anyway.

Aww man, you snaked Marvin Jones just to annoy me, didn't you.
I saw that you had a predraft, then didn't after my pick, so I figured he was your guy. But I didn't know he played at Cal until afterwards when I Googled it.

ETA: I'll trade you Jones for Cooper. :)

I saw that you had a predraft, then didn't after my pick, so I figured he was your guy. But I didn't know he played at Cal until afterwards when I Googled it.

ETA: I'll trade you Jones for Cooper. :)
I had queued up Jones and Hurns, two of the three picks before my choice. A little unusual in the sixth round.

One good thing about this draft: it's made it abundantly clear that I can't use the new Draft Dominator for any leagues I actually care about. I might have to finally get around to building something to my own specs.

I told you not to worry. I'd or I mean my son would draft for you. Who is that CalBear kicker. You know Kickers are underrated.

I told you not to worry. I'd or I mean my son would draft for you. Who is that CalBear kicker. You know Kickers are underrated.
Doug Brien and Ryan Longwell were both Bears, but I don't think there's a Cal placekicker currently in the league. Georgio Tavecchio is in camp with the Raiders but he's not going to displace Seabass. Bryan Anger is punting for the Bucs. 

For a while there Cal was probably the top university for putting together an NFL fantasy team, but we've got hole at RB with Marshawn retiring. Still, A.Rodgers, C.J. Anderson/J.Forsett, K.Allen/D.Jackson/M.Jones, R.Rodgers is probably still top 3.

Doug Brien and Ryan Longwell were both Bears, but I don't think there's a Cal placekicker currently in the league. Georgio Tavecchio is in camp with the Raiders but he's not going to displace Seabass. Bryan Anger is punting for the Bucs. 

For a while there Cal was probably the top university for putting together an NFL fantasy team, but we've got hole at RB with Marshawn retiring. Still, A.Rodgers, C.J. Anderson/J.Forsett, K.Allen/D.Jackson/M.Jones, R.Rodgers is probably still top 3.
Yeah it is an interesting layer or game within a the game you can play. A lot of the time you may be looking at a few players in a similar tier of value and taking Cal player just as good as the other guys in that tier.

Most college teams would not be viable for this however.

@Biabreakable, curious if Gordon's performance yesterday influenced your pick. I flip flopped between him and Foster with my last pick, but thought it was more likely Gordon would make it back to me.

Hey JWB,

No it wasn't just what Gordon did recently. I watched some of Gordon a month or so back, I mentioned this briefly in the Gordon thread. I was actually watching CJ Anderson, but Gordon looked so good against Denver, that I ended up watching more of Gordon. I liked what I saw and I have been expecting him to be a good player in the NFL all the way back to comparing Gordon against Ball and White with Wisconsin.

I have a couple main concerns which are Gordon's health and that Wiz messes up RB with his RBBC cute stuff.

His recent performance helps allay some of the injury concern, although that is still there.

Yes,but he is the most unlucky guy at draft slots this year

Last pick again in to nights FFPC draft. Maybe it's paybacks for picking me last picks in Anarchy 2 and ABL.

All wrapped up for me. My defences are predrafted. Tried a different approach for this league. Team looks like garbage. Good luck to everyone else this year.

So I am either going to end up with the Eagles team QB or the Forty Niners team QB as my last pick. I was targeting Teddy but Norseman beat me to that punch as I dallied too long about it.

I had high draft position this time around picking from the four spot of the draft. I always prefer to draft as high as possible so I can get ahead of what everyone else is doing, I like to be at the start of runs rather than to be chasing them.

There has been a sea change in the fantasy community that finally woke up and realized that hey, NFL teams are passing a lot and WR are worth more than RB now days, even in scoring systems that are more balanced than this one. Some folks call this zero RB strategy, others have called it upside down drafting and there have been other cute labels for it over the years. However what it really is, is right side up drafting. The contrarian in me always is tempted to go against the grain and do the unconventional. I have even been successful doing that, however due to picking fourth overall I am driving, so no attempts at being different just for the sake of it occurred during this draft from my perspective.

My all bust team for 2016

WR

1.04    4.    Beckham, Odell NYG WR    

2.13    29.    Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR    

3.04    36.    Watkins, Sammy BUF WR    

7.04    100.    White, Kevin CHI WR    

16.13    253.    Johnson, Charles MIN WR    

17.04    260.    Mitchell, Malcolm NEP WR

I began with OBJ and felt fortunate that he was still available at pick four because if I didn't draft him first overall I certainly would have taken him 2nd overall. From this point there was a long wait, but Thomas was still available in round two and I do expect at least one additional game from playoffs if not more. Sammy Watkins when healthy was on a tear at the end of last season. If healthy I think Watkins is one of the best WR in the game and has a good chance to finish in the top 12 of WR. There is even an outside chance that the Bills make the playoffs this season if the Patriots should slip, although I like the Jets chances of winning the division slightly more than the Bills.

Having secured 3 WR who all have top 12 potential I looked at other positions for awhile before I ended up with Kevin White of the Bears at pick 100. This is the first time I have selected White who almost always is gone before I would consider drafting him. I certainly have some doubts about him and I recognize he has a lot to learn about being a pro, but I see the Bears passing the ball more this season as I expect they will often find themselves in chase mode. Jeffrey seems to be always fighting injuries and White may find himself getting 8-10 targets per game by default. I also like that the NFC North is playing against the NFC East and the AFC South who collectively have some of the worst defenses in the NFL right now. I prioritized NFC North players in part because of this.

I cannot explain to you why Charles Johnson who is the starting X WR for the Vikings lasted this long in the draft. But I was happy to add him as my WR 5. Malcolm Mitchell is mostly a dart throw, he did some good things before his elbow was injured. Not sure where he fits in with the Patriots WR group this year, anything over 60 points will work for this pick. If I hadn't autodrafted, maybe I could have found someone better? It would have been pretty hard to do. I was actually hoping Jacob Tamme would be the player filling my flex spot, but he was drafted ahead of my pick in round 16.

TE

4.13    61.    Witten, Jason DAL TE    

5.04    68.    Gates, Antonio SDC TE    

Oldies but goodies here. Just hoping these guys play up to the same level they have throughout their careers. I would have liked to get Jordan Reed again but I was not selecting him over Beckham. So I had to make due. Eric Ebron is a player I was targeting before being scared off by his injury. 

RB

6.13    93.    Ajayi, Jay MIA RB    

9.04    132.    Gordon, Melvin SDC RB    

10.13    157.    Booker, Devontae DEN RB    

11.04    164.    Michael, Christine SEA RB    

Although most of these players have strong competition from other RB on their teams, I like the talent of these players and I think they could all surprise this season. I thought I was done with Michael, but I still see him playing well. It is the off the field stuff that concerns me. From what I have read CM may have grown up now though, the talent is still there. I felt lucky to get Gordon where I did, I think he usually should be drafted higher than this, even in this format.

QB

8.13    125.    Lions, Detroit DET TMQB    

18.13 285      Eagles or 49ers QB

Not much to say here aside from me picking the Lions QB as I see them throwing the ball as much as ever, I also like the NFC Norths schedule this year as some weak defenses for the Lions this year.

K

12.13    189.    McManus, Brandon DEN PK    

13.04    196.    Gould, Robbie CHI PK    

I just didn't want to be stuck with kickers who might lose their jobs. Playoffs for Denver is a potential bonus.

DEF

14.13    221.    Rams, Los Angeles RAM Def    

15.04    228.    Raiders, Oakland OAK Def    

I would have liked to do better than this for team defenses, however the Rams have some nasty pass rush as do the Raiders. Just hoping these teams secondaries can take advantage of it. I think the Raiders have a better chance of making the playoffs than the Rams do.

Overall I like this team and think I have a shot at the most total points with some luck from this group of players. Some regrets are not drafting more WR in the mid rounds, I am not sure if Dorsett for example wont have a better season than Kevin White, he is a player I would have liked to get. I also maybe should have tried to make sure I got Teddy by taking him a bit higher. I do think there is playoff bonuses for Vikings players this season. For the most part I am pretty happy with this team. It is a bit better than I expected to be able to assemble against this group of drafters.

Good luck to everyone!

Good wr group as expected.

your RB is decent with your strategy. Really depends on ajayi and foster. 

Te age is huge concern right now. They get hurt especially Gates with Hunter there and it could really hurt with scoring

QB is a concern and it will be interesting to see if this hurts

2 starting Pk is smart as there are guys who will get zero from the start. Not sure Broncos make playoffs as tough division with Oak and KC. Why I like raiders d pick and Rams will work also. Like core

The Raiders upgraded their secondary quite a bit this offseason, I think their defense will be improved. 

I don't know how bad my 2nd QB will be yet. That could be pretty bad. I maybe should have tried to get Teddy earlier. 

I am undecided about picking Jay Ajayi over some of the WR still available there such as Dorsett, Benjamin and Diggs. I went with Jay as I have him projected for 230 rushing attempts and 20 receptions, I could see Jay having more than that however, depending on how much Foster plays. I think the 3 above WR may have 70 or more receptions. I just didn't want to fill my 5 WR spots this early in the draft, so I compromised, but drafting the WR may still have been better. I would not have gotten Jay if I had drafted a WR there.

In league 6 Gordon was selected at pick 104 so I did not get him, but I did get Jay, Booker and Michael.

Interesting to see you maybe used same approach in each league. I tried different in all 3. But also ended up with same players multiple times. 

One constant is 3 te and Zach  Ertz in 2 of 3. 

One thing I noticed about you was slot of pre drafting. Well do e

I was drafting from the 10 spot in league six so that draft ended up differently, but yes I am drafting off essentially the same rankings/projections.

In league six I decided to take Stefon Diggs over Kevin White for example, even though I drafted White ahead of Diggs here in league 2. Still not sure what is the right choice between these two for 2016.

The main difference was drafting from the 10 spot puts me more in the middle of the pack, so I was able to cut in and get some guys like Jordan Reed and Drew Brees but I wasn't able to tier jump because my picks were too far apart for that. Instead of 3 WR then 2 TE I got Reed in round one then two WR Brees, Witten then Diggs because I had 2 TE by this point. That was part of my decision to go with Diggs as my WR 3 as I wanted a more proven player for that slot, then I still swung for the fences with White after Diggs. I already had 3 WR then I may have opted for White over Diggs for the upside instead. 

Last year I drafted two very different teams and both were successful. This year both teams have many of the same players.

1.13 - Travis Kelce, TE, KC - #4 TE drafted. Finished as TE #6 last season. Entering third year, expect continued improvement. Playoff points are likely.

2.4 - Coby Fleener, TE, NO - #5 TE drafted. 34 year old journeyman Watson finished as TE #7 in this offense last year, and Graham finished in the top 3 TEs in each of the previous 4 seasons in this offense. Fleener isn't Graham, but he is quite a bit better than Watson. In retrospect, TEs didn't go off the board as fast as I expected, so I might have been better off going with 1 TE and 1 WR in the first 2 rounds.

3.13 - Jeremy Maclin, WR, KC - #23 WR drafted. Finished as WR #14 last season despite missing one game. Also was a bit better in the second half of the season than the first, perhaps a sign of improved chemistry with Smith, since it was his first season in KC. Playoff points are likely.

4.4 - Julian Edelman, WR, NE - #27 WR drafted. Finished as WR #29 last season despite missing 7 games; finished #8 in ppg. In 2014, he finished as WR #10 despite missing 2 games. Very high playoff point potential. Great value here, albeit with some injury risk.

5.13 - Dwayne Allen, TE, IND - #16 TE drafted. The last season Luck was healthy, 2014, Allen finished as TE #19... while teammate Fleener finished as TE #7... their combined total points were higher than Gronk's. I'm not expecting that out of Allen, but he should easily outperform this draft position if he and Luck stay healthy. Playoff points are likely.

6.4 - Marvin Jones, WR, DET - #40 WR drafted. Going to a new team, his past performance isn't terribly relevant, but finished as WR #39 last season, despite playing with Green and Eifert in an offense that was #26 in passing attempts. Now he goes to a team that was #4 in passing attempts, and he is rumored to be replacing Calvin as Detroit's #1 WR. Jones had 103 targets last season; he will probably see 130+ targets this season if he stays healthy, and should easily outperform his draft position.

7.13 - Bengals, TMQB, CIN - #15 TMQB drafted. Finished as TMQB #9 last season, and was TMQB #5 through 12 games, before Dalton got hurt. Dalton was having his best season before he got hurt. Hue Jackson has been replaced by Zampese as OC, which could mean more emphasis on passing. Playoff points are likely. Great value here.

8.4 - Arian Foster, RB, MIA - #30 RB drafted. Has been a top 5 RB since 2010 when healthy, but obviously is a high injury risk, having missed 23 games over the past 3 seasons. Indications are that Miami prefers a primary RB over RBBC, and Foster is that guy, as long as he stays healthy. My picks so far in the draft were generally safe picks... the upside was worth the risk here. Last team to draft a RB, which was my plan entering the draft.

9.13 - Deangelo Williams, RB, PIT - #37 RB drafted. Finished as RB #5 last season, showing he has high upside potential. With Bell expected to miss 3 games due to suspension plus the potential for playoff points, he should finish in the top 30 RBs and outperform this draft position. And if Bell misses more time for whatever reason, he could be the SOD.

10.4 - Isaiah Crowell, RB, CLE - #40 RB drafted. Finished as RB #30 last season, and now gets Hue Jackson, who is known to be good for RBs.

11.13 - Chris Boswell, PK, PIT - #3 PK drafted. Finished as the #7 PK last season, but Scobee was the PIT PK for the first 4 games. Combining their points, the Steelers PK was the #3 PK last season. The PIT offense should be prolific, and playoff points are likely. Also sensed a PK run coming and wanted to get my first PK drafted to avoid getting stuck with a PK camp battle and risk of a zero at the position. A run did indeed happen, as 18 of the next 36 picks were PKs.

12.4 - Tyler Boyd, WR, CIN - #64 WR drafted. Last season, Marvin Jones finished as the #39 WR last season and Sanu finished as the #77 WR, despite the fact that CIN finished #26 in pass attempts and Dalton was only healthy for 12 of 17 games. This year, there is reason to believe pass attempts will increase (Zampese), and Jones and Sanu have been replaced by LaFell and Boyd. Boyd is dominating training camp, and he could easily surpass LaFell in the passing game this year and outperform this draft pick.

13.13 - Mike Nugent, PK, CIN - #18 PK drafted. Finished as the #13 PK last season. More importantly, his job is safe, he plays on a team with a strong offense, and playoff points are likely.

14.4 - Texans, TMQB, HOU - #25 TMQB drafted. Finished as TMQB #18, despite the fact that their opening day starter was bad enough they released him in midseason and the team started 4 different unimpressive QBs. Now they have a theoretical upgrade in Osweiler, and they have improved their targets in the passing game. Playoff points are possible, though Luck being (presumably) healthy this year probably makes it a long shot.

15.13 - Redskins, DEF, WAS - #17 DEF drafted. Finished as the #14 DEF last season. They were better in the second half last season, and have added an elite CB in Norman. Should be at least a slight value here. The Skins made the playoffs last season, so playoff points are possible.

16..4 - Jermaine Kearse, WR, SEA - #75 WR drafted. Finished as the #36 WR last season, and he was re-signed to a 3 year contract in the offseason. His role will be reduced, with Lockett set to move into the starting lineup and Paul Richardson potentially healthy this season for the first time. But there is a big range between #36 and #75, so it seems likely he will be good value here. Multiple playoff games are likely, which helps.

17.13 - Chargers, DEF, SD - #27 DEF drafted. Finished as the #30 DEF last season, but finished as #21 in 2014. Assuming Bosa signs, the talent and depth should be improved. Not much to lose at this point in the draft, so went with a :homer: pick.

18.4 - Mike Tolbert, RB, CAR - #65 RB drafted. Finished as the #56 RB last season, so there is some potential for good value here. Of course, the Panthers making the Super Bowl helped there. Playoff points are likely again, though perhaps not as many extra games. Hoping for 70 points here.

Summary:

TMQB - Bengals, Texans
RB - Foster, Deangelo, Crowell, Tolbert
WR - Maclin, Edelman, Marvin Jones, Boyd, Kearse
TE - Kelce, Fleener, Allen
PK - Boswell, Nugent
DEF - Redskins, Chargers

I'm pretty happy with this team. As usual, injuries (to these players and other players) will dictate a lot.

:football:  

First finding: The new DD is terrible. Thank you for giving me a chance to try it out before I made the mistake of trying to do a real draft with it.

The draft itself:

1.12 Deandre Hokpins (HOU WR)

Had him last year, was massively worth it. The value this year isn't as amazing, but he's a solid pick. Other possibilities were Jordy Nelson and Dez Bryant. Nelson might have been the most-likely-to-result-in-winning-Anarchy pick. I don't like any of the TEs on the board and the RBs of course have little value here.

2.05 Amari Cooker (OAK WR)

As I mentioned, I was traveling, so missed the homer opportunity to get Keenan Allen, who would have been a totally reasonable choice here. (He went at 2.10, after Alshon Jeffrey). I like Cooper a lot, though, and I like the Oakland offense. 

3.12 Gary Barnridge (CLE TE)

TE value has come back around, with none taken since Delanie Walker at 3.03. I'm not a big Barnridge cheerleader but this is a guy who had 79 receptions last year and finished as the #5 TE in this format (and #1 undrafted player). Here he's being taken as the #8 TE which is probably reasonable value. He's not super-likely to get 79 receptions again but TEs score a ton of points in Anarchy. The WR cupboard has been stripped bare, and I think I can get my RB at my next pick.

4.05 CJ Anderson (DEN RB) (Go Bears!)

I was right; no RBs were chosen between 3.12 and 4.05. Anderson's the last guy who could plausibly be a top-3 RB this year. There's some risk with his health and with changes in DEN, but as the #9 RB off the board he's good value. I didn't seriously consider anyone else but Doug Martin was a possibility. 

5.12 Will Tye (NYG TE)

In the last six weeks of his rookie season, Will Tye was the #6 TE in this format. He's got more potential than Larry Donnell and should be the Giants' #1 TE this year. Even scoring zero points in the first four weeks he finished as TE23 last year. Taken here as TE15 he should be a solid pick with a lot of upside. My other potential choice was Michael Crabtree but I don't want to double up on OAK WRs. (And I could have taken Desean Jackson but I'm really not feeling it for him this season).

6.05 Laquon Treadwell (MIN WR)

D.Jackson is gone, so I don't have to debate about whether I want him or not. Treadwell is an upside pick; he'd just had a good debut in his preseason game, and he's a talented rookie. You need to hit on a couple of these to win Anarchy. Another possibility was Marvin Jones but I'm hoping to get him next round. 

7.12 Ryan Mathews (PHI RB)

Just Win Baby snagged M.Jones just before my pick. He was the end of a WR tier for me, so it's time to look at other positions. My secret plan for TE I can probably get in the next round, so I went with one of the last true RB starters. He's RB28 off the board, and has potential for a top-15 finish. Probably not big upside here but they say we have to have four RBs.

8.05 Richard Rodgers (GB TE) (Go Bears!)

Rodgers is not a game-changer, but he's the lead TE in a passing offense and he finished as TE11 in Anarchy last year. No idea why he's coming off as TE23. He had more receptions and more TDs in 2015 than Jared Cook has ever had in his career. Serious upside potential here filling my flex slot.

9.12 Ameer Abdullah (DET RB)

I had Abdullah last year, too. He was mediocre (RB41). I'm not expecting him to be much more than mediocre this year, but Dodds has him projected as RB24 in Anarchy scoring, and he's coming off here as RB35. I'd be happy with a finish in the 20s. I have one more RB to nab; hoping for a little Cal action with Forsett or Vereen.

10.05 Kenny Britt (LA WR)

Forsett got nabbed at the turn, and Vereen will be on the board for a while longer, so I went for my fourth WR. Britt has flashed potential in between bouts of injury and disappearance. He finished as WR57 in this format last year and he's coming off as WR59. But his situations has changed for the better, and I'm planning to pair him up with my secret plan at TMQB. (QB/WR hookups are a positive in Anarchy). At this point in the draft upside is more important than moderate production.

11.12 Shane Vereen (NYG RB) (Go Bears!)

Upside here is probably limited, but down in RB40+ land there's not much available. His pass-catching doesn't help him in this format, except to the extent that it has him on the field for more snaps. This fills up my RB stable, and TE and flex are already done. So I have one more WR, the QBs, PKs, and TDs to go.

12.05 Miami Dolphins TMQB (Tannehill) (MIA TMQB)

Tannehill and co. finished #21 last year, solidly in the middle of the pack. Here he's QB23 off the board. Every year in the league Tannehill has improved his yardage and YPA. There's not much downside here and if things go right he could sneak into the top 15.

13.12 Matt Bryant (ATL PK)

Gotta get two kickers not at risk of their jobs. This one kicks indoors.

14.05 Dan Carpenter (BUF PK)

See 13.12, except he kicks in Buffalo.

15.12 LA Rams TMQB (Keenum/Goff) (LA TMQB) (Go Bears!)

Goff may or may not be the starter week 1, but long term he has to represent an upgrade for the Rams. They finished #32 last year in QB scoring, over 40 points behind #31. Getting back to mediocre would be a solid win here, and could mean not only points in this slot but also for Britt.

16.05 Victor Cruz (NYG WR)

Taking a flyer on my last positional pick. I was also looking at Leonte Carroo (MIA) and Seth Roberts (OAK) but I just didn't see the upside potential with either of those guys. Cruz could wind up being a zero. He hasn't played since 2014. But he's returned to practice and could be on the field week 1. His situation isn't the same as it was back in 2014 (that OBJ guy will take some targets) but if he's in and healthy, he could easily finish in the top 20 WRs. The Giants are basically a 2-WR team, and with Rueben Randle gone and no other top-level competition, Cruz could get 100+ targets.

17.12 Detroit Lions D (DET TD)

They're a defense.  

18.05 New Orleans D (NO TD)

See 17.12. A "Go Bears!" for Cameron Jordan.

Overall:

Well, if I weren't using the crappy new DD I'd have a lot better sense of how my team relates to others. But I'm reasonably pleased with how it went. I'll need a couple of Treadwell/Britt/Cruz to work out, and decent production out of Mathews/Abdullah would be a good bonus. My biggest upside is probably at TE; three TEs is pretty strong in this format.

Thanks again, Anarchy, and good luck to all.

This league more than others makes you stop and analyze situations on teams. Carl's TEs are the perfect example. 

IMO, Barnidge benefitted last year from poor WR options but this year will have to compete with Coleman, Gordon, and Pryor for targets. 

Rodgers greatly benefitted from the void that Nelson left behind and now has Cook to split what should be a smaller piece of the pie. 

Tye, who ended the season well, will still split targets with Donnell but now has Shepard who could be a legit #2 to OBJ. 

Overall, all of those situations could end up worse than last year. The problem is, we just don't know how those situations will play out. 

So the TEs his year have more options up top but more question marks in the mid and lower tiers. 

9.12 Ameer Abdullah (DET RB)

I had Abdullah last year, too. He was mediocre (RB41). I'm not expecting him to be much more than mediocre this year, but Dodds has him projected as RB24 in Anarchy scoring, and he's coming off here as RB35. I'd be happy with a finish in the 20s. I have one more RB to nab; hoping for a little Cal action with Forsett or Vereen.
You sniped me here to get me back for Marvin Jones.

Team rzrback77 - I have always struggled in this format and this effort is not much better, if any.

1.9 - A. J. Green WR5 - Loved getting Green who I believe in as a go-to wide receiver. He will get more targets this year and I believe he will produce similarly to his past production on a per target basis. He will likely see more coverage, but the extra opportunities will overcome the increased coverage. Chance at playoffs.

2.8 - Alshon Jeffery WR11 - I suspect that the Bears will throw more than a year ago and like Jeffery's chances IF he can get and stay healthy. I caught myself reaching a little in the early rounds getting the guys that I liked more, rather than studying comparison to ADP. You must be the top of the top projector to benefit using the best method against an army of excellent drafters and hope to be competitive in a 16-teamer.Do not expect playoffs.

3.9 - Kelvin Benjamin WR21 - Another slight reach, but I like Benjamin quite a bit and he gets the extra bounce from hopefully being on a play-off team.

4.8 - Doug Martin RB10 - My expectations for him are an outlier as I expect him to be top five. He can catch well and although I am not a fan of Winston, hopefully he can improve some in year two and allows his weapons more opportunities in goal to go situations. Not much playoff chance.

5.9 - John Brown WR35- Actually my third favorite Arizona wide receiver, but he is really good. Hope he can shake the cobwebs off and stay on the field. Good chance of playoff run.

6.8 - Oakland QB12 - Derek Carr has plenty of targets and I am not a huge fan of L. Murray so they may throw more than many expect. better chance at playoffs than Oakland has had in a while.

7.9 - Bernard Giovani RB26 - Expect a lot from the Bengals running game and Bernard adds potential yardage as a receiver with many options gone or injured in Cincinnati. Chance at playoffs and with two Bengals, I will be pulling for them.

8.8 - Kyle Rudolph TE25 - At this point, my drafting turned south and although I am a southerner, I mean they turned bad. Although I really liked all of my players to this point, the tight end pool was terrible and I jumped in twice. I have expected more from Rudolph than he has provided and not expecting much more this year. Another good shot at playoffs, but no value here.

9.9 - Jared Cook TE27 - Consistent underperformer twice in a row at tight end. Another good shot at playoffs. but not a value pick at all.

10.8 - Marcus Mariota QB19 - Mariota is a hawk screech from stardom and he could be very productive in the exotic smashmouth. The Titan wide receivers should be better than expected and D. Walker can continue to be targeted often. The Titans's defense could force their offense to lean more on the passing game than expected. Very little chance at playoffs and no value here although I expect him to top his ADP.

11.9 - Patriots DST6 - Not a top defense, but high expectations of extra games.

12.8 - Graham Gano PK7 - fairly good kicker on very good team.

13.9 - Jerrick McKinnon RB54 - After my two terrible tight ends, I saw a huge deficit for my squad to overcome and began to look for players that could be game changers if things happened just right and I continued to stack players on the same team, even if their playoff chances were not the best.

14.8 - Breshad Perriman WR69 - If Perriman ever gets on the field, maybe he can be all that. I did say if.

15.9 - Jaguars DST15 - I am all in on the star power that has been assembled in Jacksonville for their defense and give them a shot at the playoffs.

16.8 - Kendall Wright WR78- Hoping that Wright figures out that he must play hard all the time and takes advantage of opportunities with lots of short targets from Mariota.

17.9 - Jonathan WIlliams RB64 - Loved watching this guy play at Arkansas and think that he is healthy. With the other Williams dismissed, perhaps he can get the second call in Buffalo. He is a gamer and could come through, if given the chance. Low playoff shot

18.8 - Cody Parkey PK31 - When healthy, he has been the best Eagle kicker. He is in a battle and I hope that I am a good guesser on who wins the first shot and Parkey plays well early so that he can hang around. Not much playoff chance and better chance at zero points, but I had to take two and he was my pick.

It is a pleasure to draft in this league with this group of folks. All quality drafters and solid posters. Thanks to David for setting all of these leagues up and best of luck to all.

You sniped me here to get me back for Marvin Jones.
I would say Jones was the better Lion to pick at this juncture. No idea what the DD said, I would assume it would say something similar as FBG has been pretty high on Jones all year.

I noticed a lot of the players you selected wear red colors JWB. I like quite a few of your picks, this wouldn't have been one of them if you did land Ameer.

Both of you guys got 3 TE which is an ideal use of the flex position I think. I kind of messed that up, I could have drafted one of the rookie TE I suppose, but that usually does not go well.

I know when I have locked up my flex early in the draft before, that I ended up regretting doing that. So it is something I try to avoid now. However in doing that I think I may wait too long to fill it as well.

I would say Jones was the better Lion to pick at this juncture. No idea what the DD said, I would assume it would say something similar as FBG has been pretty high on Jones all year.

I noticed a lot of the players you selected wear red colors JWB. I like quite a few of your picks, this wouldn't have been one of them if you did land Ameer.

Both of you guys got 3 TE which is an ideal use of the flex position I think. I kind of messed that up, I could have drafted one of the rookie TE I suppose, but that usually does not go well.

I know when I have locked up my flex early in the draft before, that I ended up regretting doing that. So it is something I try to avoid now. However in doing that I think I may wait too long to fill it as well.
I think this is the earliest I have ever locked in my flex, so I'm interested to see how it works out.

I probably botched my RBs a bit. I debated between taking Foster and Gordon in the 8th, and I probably should have taken Gordon. And I probably overdrafted Deangelo, at least unless Bell gets hurt again. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20...

Users who are viewing this thread