What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

#1 Overall in PPR if Le'Veon Bell's 4 Game Suspension is Reversed (1 Viewer)

pghrob

Hail to the Chief
I read in Bell thread this morning that there are reports that some in the Steelers FO* are quietly thinking Bell could have suspension tossed (or something to that effect).

If so then does Bell push AB84 for strong consideration as #1 overall pick in PPR formats?

*I beg your pardon.  It was players and not mgmt.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Only as serious as this silly game of fantasy football that so many of us enjoy  to the point of spending time going to an online website to share our inane thoughts about it.   :P

Only as serious as this silly game of fantasy football that so many of us enjoy  to the point of spending time going to an online website to share our inane thoughts about it.   :P
this guy has a point.  It is an annoying point but quite true. 

Rotoworld has a blurb that says "the Steelers are "pretty confident" suspended RB Le'Veon Bell will play in Week 1."  Maybe I'm reading this too literally but that doesn't say they expect the suspension to get overturned.  I seem to remember reading elsewhere they do expect him to get suspended so perhaps this is simply an appeals process procedure that would have Bell playing in week 1 but still getting suspended at some point in time in the future.

Rotoworld has a blurb that says "the Steelers are "pretty confident" suspended RB Le'Veon Bell will play in Week 1."  Maybe I'm reading this too literally but that doesn't say they expect the suspension to get overturned.  I seem to remember reading elsewhere they do expect him to get suspended so perhaps this is simply an appeals process procedure that would have Bell playing in week 1 but still getting suspended at some point in time in the future.
The hearing is mid-August.  Only way it drags into the regular season is if Bell's suspension is upheld and he sues the league over it.  That would never happen, right?

Third in standard fp/game, includng the game he was injured in, isn't good enough for you?
and I think if you ran his numbers over the full year he would of been 2nd rb in ppr also.

I had the choice last year between brown and bell and went brown.. still feel I'd do the same year.

you could always pair brown with  passing catching guys in mid rounds.

Even if he doesn't miss any time--I wouldn't consider him at 1.1 anyway.  I'd still draft Antonio, Julio, and possibly Odell ahead of him. I think him missing no time probably puts him in major consideration for top 4-7.   For me personally--I'd maybe have him and Gronk somewhere around the 4-5 range.  

Bell would be #2 behind Brown.

Last year he had 621 yards in 4 full contests.  With 22 catches and 3 TDs. That's right on pace as his previous season 2200, 83 and 11 TDs.

The problem is Brown was on pace (with Ben healthy) for 170 catches, 2300 yards and 13 TDs.

Nobody else is sniffing those type of total production numbers - not with recent history to show the ability/consistency to do it. You have to project a player to jump to new highs that they have never reached or to recapture something they were able to do years/injuries ago. With these two you just ask that teams trifecta to stay on the field.

How can Beckham be behind Bell by 700 yards and only ahead by 20 catches and remain ahead of Bell if no suspension? 
Easy, your assuming quite a bit. One thing you are not considering is that Bell is recovering from an injury. DeAngelo has proven himself and would be used more to spell Bell and give him less usage so he could potentially be healthier and fresher in the playoffs especially early in the season, there is no need to rush him back. He won't get the touches you are predicting even if he is not suspended.

Easy, your assuming quite a bit. One thing you are not considering is that Bell is recovering from an injury. DeAngelo has proven himself and would be used more to spell Bell and give him less usage so he could potentially be healthier and fresher in the playoffs especially early in the season, there is no need to rush him back. He won't get the touches you are predicting even if he is not suspended.
You know Bell didnt hurt his ACL right?

:mellow:

You're assuming an aweful lot, yourself  

Historically, Haley/Pittsburgh doesn't split much time with it's backs, besides the occasional sets with 2 backs.  Bell is in incredible shape entering his contract year.  Also, none of Bell's injuries have been due to overuse.  

If his suspension is lifted, the choice between him and AB is a matter of preference. 

Actually, you're the one making assumptions. 

Almost exactly this situation presented itself last year.  Bell was returning from an injury, was suspended, and DWill lit it up the 1st 2 weeks.  Weeks 3-7 (before Bell got hurt in week 8), Bell got 25 touches/game & DWill got less than 3 (2.8).

YOU are assuming that things will be different, which could happen, but history suggests otherwise.

Every single person in this thread is assuming something.  You're arguing like little school girls.  None of us know who is going to be the best so just take the guy you like the most.  Bunch of morons acting like they know something everyone else doesn't.

Every single person in this thread is assuming something.  You're arguing like little school girls.  None of us know who is going to be the best so just take the guy you like the most.  Bunch of morons acting like they know something everyone else doesn't.
But we do have data points.

True, but assumptions based on past practices, tendencies, historical trends, etc have a higher likelihood of being accurate than those made because they sound good.  It sounds good to say "Pitt will spell Bell b/c he's coming off an injury & they need him," but history and past usage shows that that is not what they have done in the past.  One assumption is more likely to be accurate than the other.

That being said, I wouldn't take Bell #1 overall if he wasn't suspended and wasn't coming off an injury.  A Brown has, IMO, a higher floor AND ceiling.

They are all opinions based on information and everyone has different info they use to form those opinions.  My opinion is that AB is still number one regardless of Bell starting the season.  I would also take Julio and possibly OBJ before him.  I am not going to say that I am right and everyone else is wrong though, just how I feel about it.

They are all opinions based on information and everyone has different info they use to form those opinions.  My opinion is that AB is still number one regardless of Bell starting the season.  I would also take Julio and possibly OBJ before him.  I am not going to say that I am right and everyone else is wrong though, just how I feel about it.
Its what we do around here!

And we use reason, thoughtfulness and consideration while me make these forecasts as best we can. Only one guy started with the "assumption" line and he had to eat it.

So much for the assumption that he wouldn't be suspended....ROTFLMAO  With a 3 game suspension Bell is still a late 1st round pick.

Users who are viewing this thread