What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 Anarchy League 1 Thread (1 Viewer)

Anarchy99

Footballguy
Here is the link to the 2016 Anarchy League 1 site.

Here is the randomly determined draft order:

Jason Wood
Aaron Rudnicki
Hear-The-Footsteps
Construxboy
Fiddles
bro1ncos
eNdblu
Stinkin Ref
BassNBrew
Dickey Moe
Maggot Brain
renesauz
bueno
BroadwayG
NCCF Commish
David Yudkin

Understand how devalued RBs are in this league but I love Johnson this season. ARI can make a nice playoff run, which would help.  I really wanted to do something different while everyone else grabbed QBs and TEs. We'll see how it works.

Understand how devalued RBs are in this league but I love Johnson this season. ARI can make a nice playoff run, which would help.  I really wanted to do something different while everyone else grabbed QBs and TEs. We'll see how it works.
Keep thinking that - TIA.

I don't really mind a slow draft, but it seems we have really slowed down of late.

17 picks on Saturday

18 picks on Sunday

7 picks on Monday

3 picks (so far) on Tuesday

It's just a ploy to motivate T-A-T-U-M     B-E-L-L.

Not sure why if you type out his name it gets replaced with "yawn" instead.
You don't remember that whole thing? What year was that? Dodds got sick of it so they added logic to change it to the yawn smiley. It was awesome.

Sorry about that guys. This got lost in the shuffle while preparing for and getting through surgery on my son.

All is good now

Not really liking my draft so far. I always go contrarian on RBs, but I didn't anticipate what I thought was an early run at both DEF and PK. Usually I'm out in front on PKs - this year I get orts.

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll need to assign me some schmuck to have a chance.
I went away from penalizing teams for missed picks years ago. It only served to take that team out of the running, and 25%+ of the teams in a given league would be out of the running before the draft was even over.

I went away from penalizing teams for missed picks years ago. It only served to take that team out of the running, and 25%+ of the teams in a given league would be out of the running before the draft was even over.
Bass has 25% of the teams in these leagues? That explains a lot.

Bass has 25% of the teams in these leagues? That explains a lot.
Last time I checked I had the highest average finishing position in these leagues.  That may have dropped a couple of of spots but it's still up there and that's with Yuds sticking me with some dude on IR a couple of years ago.

Love that the roster requirements in this league are strict so I know that none of the 5 guys picking before me in the 18th can even draft a RB. Hello Malcolm Brown!

Anarchy 2 The League of Champions draft had already teed it up, so now it was time slum it up with the common folk. First thing I noticed was I was snuggled up in the middle next to Bass, so knew if nothing else I could try to jack with him.  That really didn’t turn out to be as much fun as I thought it would be so I decided to go ahead and try and win this mofo.

Stinkin Ref:

9.08    Chiefs, Kansas City KCC TMQB21    
10.09    Broncos, Denver DEN TMQB26    

With 20 TMQB’s off the board and it being the middle of the 9th thought I should probably take a look here. Probably pretty fortunate to still have KC around.  They should at least battle for a wild card, and probably have a decent shot at winning the division, so could get an extra game or so. Alex Smith runs more than you would think but probably gonna get what I paid for here as KC finished the regular season as exactly QB21 but bumped up to QB17 with the extra playoff games. DEN could be a complete #### show this year but the DST should at least give them decent field position to work with throughout the year.  DT/Sanders etc. have some talent but will be a lot of running there. Not even sure why I really made this pick, I must have been drinking heavily at the time. I hate the Broncos.  ####. 

4.09    Rawls, Thomas SEA RB15    
5.08    Woodhead, Danny SDC RB19
7.08    Jones, Matt WAS RB26    
17.08    Zenner, Zach DET RB65

Rawls injury is freaking some people out, but he will be back and ready to go.  Not sure how Woodhead does it but he still manages to end up in the top 15 even in non PPR leagues.  Don’t feel like I necessarily got any value with either of these guys although Rawls making the leap into the top 5 or so would make it some value. Cmike needs to check himself. Jones seemed like a great option at RB3 considering he is a bell cow, could be worse I guess at RB3.  Zenner is a guy I just started warming too at the time of that pick, and now Ridley is gone, so things are looking up.  Zenner, like Woodhead, just seems to be a really good all-around football player, and coaches end up putting those guys on the field.  Sometimes just being a good all-around football player is half the battle, cause fantasy is about talent and opportunity and if the coach puts you on the field for other little things, blocking, catching, etc. it increases your opportunity to get the rock. Rambling but you know what I mean. Feel I could have 4 top 30 guys here when all is said and done. 

1.08    Robinson, Allen JAC WR5    
3.08    Hilton, T.Y. IND WR16    
6.09    Jones, Marvin DET WR38    
8.09    Snead, Willie NOS WR49
16.09    Woods, Robert BUF WR76

Think I blew out my shoulder patting myself on the back here.  Like this group a lot. 

2.09    Fleener, Coby NOS TE5    
11.08    Higbee, Tyler RAM TE27    
13.08    Green, Virgil DEN TE31

Plan going in was to use flex here just like Anarchy 2, and also just like Anarchy 2 the plan was for TE3 to be Virgil Green. People already have Fleener breaking single season TE records so that pick was really easy in this format. Right??? Waited about as long as I could for TE2 and was targeting Higbee and wasn’t sure he would last any longer.  Knew I could get Green later so locked em down.  I pimped Green enough in the other thread, but I think between these 3 I should gain some ground on the field at the TE/flex position. Fleener should be big, and I have a feeling the fantasy world is going to see an up and coming stud in Higbee. 

12.09    McManus, Brandon DEN PK9    
14.09    Myers, Jason JAC PK19    
15.08    Jets, New York NYJ Def16    
18.09    Chargers, San Diego SDC Def29

Waited on PK a little too long in Anarchy 2 so went for McManus early.  Think he will capitalize on DEN drives stalling out. Myers finished PK16 last year and they may be even better.  Punted DST pretty much across the board in Anarchy’s this year so kind of glad to see the Jets hanging around in the 15th.  SD was like the one crappy gift you get to open on Christmas Eve, set your predraft list and then open it up later and see what you ended up with. Maybe Bosa signs and becomes the next LT. Acting like he is already. 

Overall: I’ll be playing catchup at QB, but could be ok everywhere else.  I know RB looks like a concern now, but I think things will shake out there.  Matt Jones is kind of a wild card for me and Higbee.  Snead a little as well with Thomas and Fleener around.  I don’t have a ton of post season potential so I need my boys to bring the pain in the regular season and then just hope I can hold on to maybe a top 5 finish or at least above Bass. Good luck.   :banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
So...Anarchy, huh? 

Glad to be back this year. Decided to do something a little different than last year in this draft, which considering I did very well in League 8 last year is pretty stupid.

I decided that I wanted to make this a league where I generally drafted "my guys", guys I think will do well this year. So other than making some smaller league adjustments (moving players on better teams up, worse teams down; moving TEs up, RBs down; and trying for a good third TE as a Flex), I really drafted guys I like within the pick range (or even outside the pick range). The problem with that, besides the obvious of not getting any value, is that when the draft started (what was it now, 3 months ago?), I wasn't really prepared for the season. I cut back a lot on leagues this year so I did not spend as much time looking in depth at situations around the league. So after doing this draft and a lot more studying of the league, a number of 'my' guys aren't really my guys anymore. So I thank this league for forcing me to study more and getting me ready for my CHUG draft this Sunday. But this team pretty much sucks. Maybe not as bad as the 15th out of 16th rank the site gave it, but I'll be lucky to be in the top half. At least I had fun though and that's what it's really all about. 

Here's my team:

1.04 4. Construxboy Johnson, David ARI RB
2.13 29. Construxboy Ertz, Zach PHI TE
3.04 36. Construxboy Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT TMQB
4.13 61. Construxboy Tate, Golden DET WR
5.04 68. Construxboy Jaguars, Jacksonville JAC TMQB
6.13 93. Construxboy Diggs, Stefon MIN WR
7.04 100. Construxboy Thomas, Michael NOS WR
8.13 125. Construxboy Walford, Clive OAK TE
9.04 132. Construxboy Williams, DeAngelo PIT RB
10.13 157. Construxboy Patriots, New England NEP Def
11.04 164. Construxboy Booker, Devontae DEN RB
12.13 189. Construxboy Seferian-Jenkins, Austin TBB TE
13.04 196. Construxboy Hogan, Chris NEP WR
14.13 221. Construxboy Hopkins, Dustin WAS PK
15.04 228. Construxboy Novak, Nick HOU PK
16.13 253. Construxboy Ravens, Baltimore BAL Def
17.04 260. Construxboy Roberts, Seth OAK WR
18.13 285. Construxboy Brown, Malcolm RAM RB

Yes I know that this league is not a RB league and yes I know that he gets a lot of points from receptions in PPR leagues but I still love DJ. Maybe not enough to put him in the HOF yet. The hype on him has risen a lot since I made this pick. But he's still my guy this year. Just not a good pick at 1.04 in this league. At the time, I was considering going RB-RB if Gurley or Zeke dropped to my second pick. But they didn't.

Ertz is a guy I liked a lot more when I wasn't paying much attention. I still think he has some potential and like him in a best ball format because he should still have some very good games. But the Eagles have looked BAD so far and in a standard league or total points league like this one, he's not worth this draft spot.

The Steelers offense in generally is also not likely to do as well as I first thought. I wanted a QB here, but after Palmer went, it was dumb to stick with that plan. Another QB wasn't even drafted until after my 4th round pick, 26 picks later. Sigh. Hoping for the best with Ben.

I knew Marvin Jones would take some work away from Tate, but after looking into it more, I think he may end up as the WR1 here. Was hoping Lockett or Moncrief dropped to me, but should have gone in a different direction. I do think DET will pass quite a bit.

Since I was getting worried about the Steelers at this point, I wanted another QB and I was hoping Brees would fall here. Oh well. So I took Bortles as the last guy in a tier for me. I do still like him, but after further study I think the Jags defense will be better this year and he won't need to throw as much.

Needed a WR in the 6th and really like the potential of Diggs so I took him. I think MIN may finally get into a little more of a passing groove this year even though AD is still there, so I'm pretty high on most of their passing game weapons.

Love Michael Thomas in dynasty. Think he can still be very good this year. Took him in the 7th over Josh Gordon. Probably not a great move.

By the 8th round I was changing my mind a little on the Eagles this year so I wanted a second TE. Hoping for Clay or Cook. But NOOOOOOOOOOO! So took Walford, who I do still like this year. I think OAK may be a decent passing offense this year and I do like Carr. So not horrified by this pick, but Clay or Cook would have been better.

Finally decided to add another RB and DeAngelo is a good choice for this spot. I know that Bell's suspension got cut to 3 games, but I don't trust Bell. I think they still use Williams a decent amount this year and I think it's not unreasonable to think Bell could screw up again, or get injured again, and give Williams most of the carries. Even down on the Steelers since the draft started, I do like WIlliams as a nice hedge this year.

In the 10th round the Defense run started and I wanted to get one from a probable playoff team. The Pats were lower on my list, but still decent.

Needed another RB and I like Booker this year. His stock seems to be going up and it sounds like he's beaten out Hillman. And a likely playoff team as well.

Missed a kicker run (the HORROR!!), so decided to grab my third TE. Brate already went but I decided to take a chance, which is how you win leagues like this, and grab the much maligned ASJ. He could be on the bench or out of the league by the end of the season. He could also be the stud TE that many people thought he would be. We'll see. No pressure buddy.

I loved Hogan in Buffalo and he does seem like a great fit for a Brady WR. Having said that, David has pointed out in another thread that there may be too many cooks in the kitchen in the NE passing game

Grabbed some kickers and the Ravens Defense. Whatever.

Was looking at Kearse and Tyrell Williams in the 17th but they were stolen from me. I'm not bitter. So I went with Seth Roberts who I really like on an offense that I like this year, if not a playoff team.

Ended with my 4th RB, taking Malcolm Brown, who has looked good and may have sewn up the primary backup job behind Gurley.

Overall, not that great. Fun though. Until near the end when I realized that I didn't really know enough when the draft started. That part sucked.

Users who are viewing this thread