What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ran a 10k FFL Season III - SFBayDuck does his best NYG impression (1 Viewer)

Ned

Footballguy
I'll coordinate again if we can get 12 teams.  I'll keep the OP updated with all of the pertinent info... Once we nail down a definite 12, I'll get the site created.  I'm going to be away with limited access this week.

2016 league website: http://games.espn.com/ffl/leagueoffice?leagueId=1177669&seasonId=2016

Changes for 2016: Added flex position - new starting lineup is QB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, K, Def/ST

Draft Order: 
1 - pbm1072 - 3K3 - ChiefD4 - FUBAR5 - grue6 - duck 7 - Tri-man8 - Ned9 - Sand10 - Nigel11 - SteelCurtain12 - juxt

Last edited by a moderator:
Issue #1 - waivers.  I agree with @gruecd where the worst to first order sucks.  Looks like ESPN can support blind bidding.  Anyone object to changing waivers to a blind bidding system?  This will give everyone an even and fair playing field to get the hot pick-ups.

Issue #2 - change lineups?  I like FUBAR's suggestion of going.....

QB
RB
WR
WR
TE
2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
K
D

I'm out this year.  It was one thing when I couldn't get to a computer until after 8, but now I am often in bed by 9 too.

I'm out this year.  It was one thing when I couldn't get to a computer until after 8, but now I am often in bed by 9 too.
You're getting old.  ;)

Kidding, I'm usually in bed about 10 minutes after my 5 year old - 830.  But I'll stay up a bit for this.

You're getting old.  ;)

Kidding, I'm usually in bed about 10 minutes after my 5 year old - 830.  But I'll stay up a bit for this.
I'm telling myself it's the marathon training because I have the built in excuse right now, but when I lose that crutch come Fall I'll have to come to terms with reality - old age.  I haven't seen sunset on numerous occasions this summer.

I may still be out at mile 90 of Cascade Crest, so that won't work for me. If it works for everyone else no worries, I can bow out. 

I just found out I'll be heading to the middle east for roughly a week, which would include the 28th (which also happens to be my anniversary and the rocket man tri :( )  the next Sunday, the 3rd, would work better for me. 

I can preselect if the 28th is best for others. 

I just found out I'll be heading to the middle east for roughly a week, which would include the 28th (which also happens to be my anniversary and the rocket man tri :( )  the next Sunday, the 3rd, would work better for me. 

I can preselect if the 28th is best for others. 
Me too....I can preselect instead of dropping out if the 28th is the day.

And double bummer on the timing, @FUBAR

9/3 is a Saturday, 9/4 is the Sunday. Regardless, Labor Day weekend would be tough for me. 8/28 works though. 

I can make that work, though I may preselect the first few rounds.  Tuesday is riding night and I'll be home around 9EST or so.  

OK, looks like 9/6 is a go.  I made the draft at 8:30PM EDT to hopefully help a few that are juggling stuff.

I've updated the waivers to be blind bidding with a $1,000 budget.  Each week, teams can bid on free agents.  FA's will be awarded to the highest bidder with the tie breaker being the worst W-L record.  After the waivers run, FA's will be available on a first come/first serve basis.

Last year we randomized the draft order with @Juxtatarot and @FUBAR picking random numbers and teams.  

Juxt - can you PM me 12 randomized numbers?

FUBAR - can you PM me the 12 teams in a random order?  FUBAR, Ned, pbm107, duck,  juxt, Nigel, Sand, SteelCurtain, Tri-man, ChiefD, 3K, grue

I'll combine the 2 lists and post the draft order here.

OK, here's the order I got from FUBAR: 

ChiefD,

duck,  

FUBAR,
grue
juxt,

Ned,
Nigel,

Sand,
SteelCurtain,
pbm107,
3K,

Tri-man,

Here are the numbers from Juxt:  3, 6, 4, 5, 12, 8, 10, 9, 11, 1, 2, 7

And the ***official*** draft order for 2016.......

1 - pbm107
2 - 3K
3 - ChiefD
4 - FUBAR
5 - grue
6 - duck 
7 - Tri-man
8 - Ned
9 - Sand
10 - Nigel
11 - SteelCurtain
12 - juxt