What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

nomination - best WHITE blues guitarist (1 Viewer)

grateful zed

Footballguy
ill start, may i present :

Johnny Winter

In 1968, Jimmy Page’s blues-rock outfit Led Zeppelin inked a contract with Atlantic Records for a then-record advance of $200,000. As they say, however, records are meant to be broken and just one year later, Winter obliterated the old mark when he inked a deal with Columbia to the tune of $600,000.

the list

Johnny Winter
Jonny Lang
That Mayer dude
Tyler bryant
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Jackie Greene
Sonny Landreth
Duane Allman
Joe Bonamassa
Derek Trucks
eric Clapton
Roy Buchanan
Neal Black
Gary Moore
Ian Moore
Jimmie ray vaughan
Mike Bloomfield
Peter Green
Kenny Wayne Shephard
Jack White
Rory Gallagher
Billy Gibbons
warren haynes
Harvey Mandel
Elvin Bishop
Quinn Sullivan
Walter Trout
Danny Gatton
Robben Ford
Jimmy Page
Trey_Anastasio
jerry garcia
Alvin Lee
Jeff Beck
jj cale
Jeff Healey

Jon Spencer

Colin James

Matt Anderson

Harry Manx

les paul

chet atkins

robin trower

dickey betts

george thorogood 

bonnie raitt

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Stevie Ray, but Roy Buchanan is an easy choice here.

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Best White Blues Guitarist I watched play live: Neal Black ...Guy played four hours plus that night for crowds that varied between 15 and 60.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me, Roy with Stevie Ray and Peter Green wrestling for second. Nobody has ever made a guitar moan and cry the blues like Roy Buchanan. White, black, or purple.

I hadn't listened to Buchanan - very, very good.  Not much to add here with SRV, Bonamassa, Derek Trucks (great call), Kenny Wayne Shephard (like him better than Lang).  But I don't go way back with my knowledge of white blues guitarists.  Mostly in last 10-15 years.

This nomination is probably more of a hybrid answer to this question--but I definitely hear some blues influence in a lot of Jack White's guitar playing.   Even a lot of songs that he's involved in that are labeled as rock have a blues or bluegrass feel to them.  

Mods:. Can we get this deleted and the OP banned?

If not I would like to start a thread about the best black economists.

Black dot. 

SRV or Clapton for me but I have a lot to listen to.

Most original blues guitarist i ever heard - too much so for many purists (inc. being the 1st fret-tapper) - was Harvey Mandel.

Most underrated - Elvin Bishop

But the answer is Skydog and it ain't close. Have worn my whiskers like his for a long time and that's just too lame to be anything but a tribute.

Most original blues guitarist i ever heard - too much so for many purists (inc. being the 1st fret-tapper) - was Harvey Mandel.

Most underrated - Elvin Bishop

But the answer is Skydog and it ain't close. Have worn my whiskers like his for a long time and that's just too lame to be anything but a tribute.
link?

Users who are viewing this thread